Author Topic: THE SPRINGFIELD THREE, missing since June 7, 1992  (Read 6725 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
THE SPRINGFIELD THREE, missing since June 7, 1992
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
This is a cold case. I saw this on TV a couple of times and it was on the Investigative channel this week. This was graduation night for two of the girls. The mother of one of the girls is missing also. Through the course of the evening, the girls had changed plans a couple of times. But in the end they stayed at the home on 1717 E Delmar Street, Springfield , Missouri.  The three women just simply disappeared. Through the course of the morning, it became known that these three women were missing. Their clothing and purses were all in the home. There has never been a sign of them found since. They have taken into custody young men and also a man by the name of Robert Craig Cox, who is a known killer and was known to be in that area at the time. They have questioned him and they have not came up with anything totally credible to connect him to their  disappearance.  I don't know how to put a link here to the story, but maybe someone can. A long time and no justice or no remains or trace of these women has ever been found. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: THE SPRINGFIELD THREE, missing since June 7, 1992
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 04:57:35 PM »
This is a fairly indepth article regarding the disappearance of these three women. Much more can be found by clicking on the link below.

The Springfield Three http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Springfield_Three

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »
Three Missing Women   

On June 7, 1992, the Springfield, Missouri Police Department was notified of the disappearance of three women from a residence in central Springfield.

The parents of Stacy McCall, one of the missing women, contacted the police department in reference to their daughter's disappearance from the home of Sherrill Levitt and Suzanne Streeter, the other two missing women. Upon officers' arrival, the house bore no signs of a struggle, but rather the appearance of the missing women being abducted. All personal property was left behind including purses, money, clothing, cars, keys, cigarettes, and the family dog.

Stacy McCall and Suzanne Streeter had graduated from high school the day before their disappearance and were last seen at approximately 2:15 a.m. on 06/07/92 when they left a graduation party in a nearby community enroute to the Levitt/Streeter home at 1717 E. Delmar, Springfield. It appeared as though they had arrived at the residence because their clothing, jewelry, purses, and vehicles were still at this location.

Suzanne's mother, Sherrill Levitt, was last heard from at approximately 11:15 p.m. on 06/06/92 when she talked with a friend about painting a chest of drawers. Levitt's car, purse, keys, etc., were left at the residence and it appeared as though her bed had been slept in when friends and police arrived to check the residence.

With the assistance of the Federal Bureau of Investigations, Missouri State Highway Patrol, and numerous other law enforcement agencies, an extensive investigation into the lives of the missing women has been conducted with no positive leads concerning the reason for their disappearance or their location.

A reward fund of $42,000 has been established for the location and prosecution of the persons responsible for the abduction of the three women. Anyone with information into the disappearance of Mrs. Levitt, Miss Streeter, and Miss McCall is requested to contact the Springfield Police Department or Crime Stoppers.

http://www.springfieldmo.gov/spd/GeneralInfo/3missingwomen.html

#1 - Sherrill Levitt
#2 - Suzanne Streeter
#3 - Stacy McCall
#4 - Graduation picture - Stacy McCall and Suzanne Streeter

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:48 PM »
This is indeed a strange case. I some how think LE dropped the ball on this one.  Not a lot of info to go on other than the broken globe from the light. Very heart breaking.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »
the way that i read this appears as tho the mom went to bed - her bed looked slept in - she let the girls in when they arrived well past 2 am. the girls settled in - but who forgot to lock the front door? no mention of a break in.

did mom know this businessman, she was a hairdresser. did he own the business or the building she worked in.
did he go there to abduct her - but found others to abduct. this would have to have been by gun point i would think.
just guessing

jb

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
Is it possible that they ran away together? They just graduated...maybe to start a new life?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 11:34:01 AM »
debbiec, thanks for you links and putting the added information. I knew most of this but did not remember the other person's name. And I just saw this case on Investigative reports and do not believe in my mind that Cox had anything to do with the disappearances of these women. I believe it was someone who knew them, because there was a telephone call that was erased by accident and it was felt by police that it was a connection to the disappearance of the women. I think Cox was trying to make a name for himself, because I did see the live interview that the police had with him. I absolutely do not believe that these women vanished to start a new life. Besani, they did not have their purses with them and no woman leaves home without her purse. These women were abducted and murdered, that is my opinion. But I do believe that someone in that very town knows who did this and that somebody is holding a deep, dark secret. A big mystery and I remember seeing the story on different programs, disappeared off the face of the earth, so to say. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Besani, I note that you have Kimberly's picture on your thread. I somehow or other got this Robert Cox's name in my mind, when thinking about Kimberly's disappearance.  I wonder if Robert Cox ever came to Canada and was he ever in Nova Scotia. Because it is the type of crime that he is known for, abducting young women. It would be interesting to know if he ever was in Canada. :( :( :( :(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:37:07 AM by capeheart »