Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Wayne Rutledge Missing since Dec. 11,2012 Guelph, On.  (Read 828 times)

Ron

• View Profile
Wayne Rutledge Missing since Dec. 11,2012 Guelph, On.
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »

Orangeville Banner

By Scott Tracey

Guelph police continue their search for a former Orangeville man who vanished without a trace more than two months ago.

Det. Const. Jeff Taylor said police have received a few calls since the family of Wayne Rutledge went public with their appeal for information just before Christmas but the tips haven’t checked out.

“We’re no further ahead than we were a month ago,” Taylor said.

Rutledge, who turned 38 last month, has had no contact with his family since Dec. 11. He withdrew a small amount of cash the following day but has not been heard from since and there has been no further activity in his bank account.

“We’re still hoping he’ll surface,” said the man’s stepmother, Jane Codd of Orangeville. “All we want to know is he’s OK. If he doesn’t want to have contact that’s fine but we just need to know he’s OK.”

Rutledge moved to Guelph last year in an attempt to get his life on track while recovering from addictions and struggling with mental health issues. But his father, Tim, has said he had telephone contact with his son every couple of days until his disappearance.

Wayne Rutledge also was in regular telephone contact with his 12-year-old son, who lives in Washington State, but has not called the boy since early December.

“He just said to us the other day, ‘I just wish my dad would call me,’” Codd said.

Taylor described Rutledge as a quiet person who keeps to himself and appears to have few contacts in Guelph. It is believed he was camping in a wooded area in the city’s north end, and police have located what they believe was his campsite.

“There have been items recovered that we believe are his, but we can’t say for sure,” Taylor said.

The police and Rutledge’s family are making another appeal for help, hoping someone might be able to provide a clue what happened to the man.

“We just don’t want people to forget about him,” Taylor said.

Codd said her stepson’s disappearance has been “devastating” for his family.

“It’s the whole unknown,” she said. “We just want some answers.”

Anyone with information about Wayne Rutledge is asked to call Det. Const. Taylor at 519-824-1212, ext. 333.

Codd and her husband, Tim Rutledge, can be reached directly at 519-942-0430 or 519-217-2232.

http://www.orangeville.com/news-story/2075095-two-months-later-man-still-missing/

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Wayne Rutledge Missing since Dec. 11,2012 Guelph, On.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
Wayne Rutledge is pictured below.

Click to enlarge

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Wayne Rutledge Missing since Dec. 11,2012 Guelph, On.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 11:42:51 PM »
This is indeed a great concern for the family no doubt. The man was said to be camping thus I am wondering if he was homeless, Addictions and mental health issues makes me wonder if rehabs and addcition centers have been checked out.  I know some of them your signed in for a period of time and if your part of the program you can not leave with out leaving the program, wondering if hospitals have been checked out incase he went in and was refered and gotting into a clinic or center for addictions, thinking toronto centers should also be checked as guelph is not far from toronto and smaller citys often refer to toronto as there are more clinics in a larger city.  Hope this man is safe and getting help for his problems.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here