Author Topic: Elisa Lam - 21 - Vancouver woman missing in Los Angeles - January 31, 2013 - Found Deceased  (Read 38823 times)

SAP

I had thought the tanks were open but they are not and it doesn't look as if it's an easy feat getting into one of them according to the video on this following link.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/body-believed-to-be-elisa-lam-found-in-l-a-hotel-s-water-tank-1.1163193

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Thanks for updating us jobo. Very sad news and as of yet, many unanswered questions.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

SAP

LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez said anyone could have opened the tanks, but access to "the roof is secured with an alarm, and a lock, and a key to the door access."

Very odd then that Elisa got in there on her own, unless someone forgot to lock the area. Very sad situation, struggling with depression and so far from her loved ones.
RIP Elisa. :'(

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
I some how dont think this young girl got there on her own, with the door locked and alarmed.  Sure hope this is really and turly investigated and not written off cause if was a dumpy hotel.  Something strange happened here and the answers need to be found IMO

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
It has not been officially announced as to how she died.  But, since her remains were located in a water "something or other" ontop of the roof of the Cecil Hotel, it is a safe bet that she was murdered.

If that is the case, then her odd behaviour as seen on the elevator makes sense to me.  Especially if she was being stalked.
I think I would look paranoid too!!  The video did not show her pressing the "floor number buttons", but it appeared as though she was attempting to just close the elevator door, and didn't know which  button to push.  Just my opinion.

And yet, if she was so inwardlly terrified and paranoid, she may have gone to the roof top and tried to hide in the "water tower"
That is also a very good possibility.

What a terrible loss, a young woman with her life ahead of her.  Bless her family.

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
Good points made by the readers  in the comment section of this article.
It was suggested that someone was outside the elevator pressing the button down and holding it, so that she could not escape.  Hmm.
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/was-elisa-lam-murdered-or-the-victim-of-a-strange-accident-1.1164216

Police investigators in Los Angeles are trying to determine whether a missing Vancouver woman found dead inside a water tank was met with foul play or the victim of a bizarre accident.

capeheart

• View Profile
I'd say this person works in the hotel. They knew they could lock the elevator as not to let it go. They knew there was a camera in there also, they did not want to be seen. I think she's trying to tell them to let the elevator go, because she keeps moving her hands. She should have rang the red bell and let it ring for emergency, she may have gotten some help. And I wonder what time of the day or night this was???? Maybe it was late in the night and there wasn't many people around. Only people working at the hotel would really think about these water tanks to hide a body. And they would have one heck of a time to dispose of a body there, this is someone that knows how to get about the hotel. POLICE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT EMPLOYEES OF THAT HOTEL, SOMEONE FAMILIAR WITH THE WORKING OF THE ELEVATORS AND SOMONE WHO IS IN CHARGE OF MAINTENANCE. That is my opinion on this. An ordinary person would not go to all this trouble, it had to be someone that is used to the whole layout of that hotel. Totally my own detective thoughts on this case. I want to extend my deepest sympathy to Elisa's family and friends for their loss of this young lady. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Apparently it also requires a key to access the roof. It would appear that either the door was left unlocked or someone had access to a key. There is also an alarm.

capeheart

• View Profile
debbiec, That is quite right, there wouldn't be access to that roof and it would take someone with great knowledge of that hotel to be able to carry out this evil deed. It had to be someone who knew everything about the roof and access and all of that. Hoping the police tune in on that and find the person who killed Elisa. :o :o :o :o :o

joojoo

• View Profile
Totally agree with you CH on last two comments.  They should be looking at all employees of the hotel (or others familiar with the hotel)) who either had or knew the location of the keys, and who knew how to turn off the alarm and reset it. Terrible tragedy and hopefully answers will help her family through this. Sincere condolences.

jellybean

• View Profile
I agree with Capeheart totally, and debbiec.  I think this woman was using the buttons below to unlock the elevator, but didn't know about the RED Button.  I noticed that she was using all of the buttons below the floor buttons.
She was trying to unlock the elevator. And when she stepped out into  the hallway talking ( and using her hands so expressively), it was  to a person in the hallway  who was out of camera range. No!  She was not talking to herself.
Interesting that no camera was shown after that. Obviously at some point she left that elevator. For some reason LE has left that part out!
She was murdered in my mind.  Time will tell. 

JB
ps:  The little bit of unsteadiness on her feet could be attributed to (too much bubbly, but not enough to be falling down drunk).  I wonder if they (LE have checked the bar out) 
What is with the name of the "Cecil Hotel"?  We had one here in town - which is being razed to the ground. Cheap rooms, full bar with bands, full of all type of characters.
Used to hear about trouble at the Cecil Hotel here in my town, via the newspapers all of the time.
All of them mentioned have bad names.  But that is another story.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:17:03 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
She stood at the left outside the door. As far as I can see, she was on the left side.  Never saw anyone pull her hair.
Maybe, I am missing something here.
I saw a woman get onto the elevator, pressed the buttons below and stood back expecting the elevator to do something. Well, she pressed the wrong buttons, and peeked out and went back in and then kept close to the corner, then she stepped out and began to wave her hands.

One thing I did notice was that the cameras kept on shooting, but she never went back in (edited??) The lighting is different from the floor she was on at at the time - checkout the hallway wall, then suddenly the door opens and this hallway is far brighter.  Did the elevator move to another floor and she wasn't on it? 

I don't think she was mentally ill.  Does she speak sign language.  Can she speak English? Who was she talking to??
Nothing wierd that I can see about her behaviour other than perhaps a bit tipsy.

I did not see a strange foot, other than hers when she stepped to the side of the elevator to the left of the door.
She looked pretty pert and with it to me. :) It appears that these are two videos. 

Which video came first?
I think the one that you have shown came first, (thanks for that discovery FB) and the first one that we saw came second. Or visa versa! They are not the same videos.
On the first one - she steps out to the right and uses her hands etc.  Or did the elevator take her to another floor and then she behaved in the same manner?
My head is spinning.  I can hear elevator music all over the place.
Oh if only she had received some assistance. 
Unbelievable!!

JB

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:13:19 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
Okay, I watched it again.  She is using sign language in that hallway. I am so certain on that. Look at her hands again.
She is using her hands to give words in sign language.
I am not one to use it, but I did know a few words at one time in my life, and I think we have all seen people use it.
That to me is sign language.
She spoke fluent English and Cantonese, but did she know sign language, and was she using it to someone in the hallway?
She was obviously a good student and a good girl, and le say that she was unaware as to the bad area that she had checked into.
Boy the things that "we can walk into ay?"
How very tragic.
This family must be shattered. :'(

JB
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:37:55 PM by jellybean »