Author Topic: Elisa Lam - 21 - Vancouver woman missing in Los Angeles - January 31, 2013 - Found Deceased  (Read 39947 times)

SAP

Yes, I recall an earlier incident of a woman older than Elisa. It is listed here somewhere. The woman eventually surfaced and came home and iirc, seemed to say very little about what happened. Strange. Are these women going to meet men from internet dating sites and too embarressed to say anything?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
from Concerned:
This sounds familiar, didn't this happen in November, too?

Are you thinking of Sarah-Jane Stavenow, Concerned?

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=6481.msg97161#msg97161

Concerned

• View Profile
That's the one. I sure hope these women are telling the police everything so that they can get a handle on this. They say Elisa flew in and stayed in skid row in LA, a very dangerous area for her to be thinking it is ok to wander around freely.

leonagleant

• View Profile

jobo

• View Profile
I watched the video.....I am sorry to say that Elisa's behaviour does NOT seem normal.  It is almost like she is acting like her electrolytes are low or she had a breakdown.....  I have never seen anyone lose their mind, but I have seen very sick people with very low electrolytes start reaching in the air for unknown things (unknown to you and me, but not the person reaching)...just like Elisa seems to be doing. 
She is also acting what I would consider paranoid. Why would a grown woman get in an elevator and press every single button...that is something youngsters do?
It is sad, but it seems to me that Elisa somehow had a mental breakdown.

I hope that they can comb the streets around the Cecil Hotel in case Elisa is out on the streets downtown.  That is the feeling I get watching the video.

Livvy

• View Profile
Pushing all the buttons in the elevator seems pretty logical to me if you don't want someone to know which floor you are going to.  Some elevators have floor counters and you can see which floor the elevator is on.  I wonder if there is video of anyone else in the elevator wait area and if she was being bothered?  I hope Elisa is found soon...

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Anyone who wishes to watch the video of Elisa in the elevator, can view it at the link below.

http://www.globaltvbc.com/lapd+release+surveillance+video+of+missing+vancouver+woman/6442809717/story.html

Elisa Lam is pictured below

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
In my opinion she is acting exactly how a young girl would possibly act who had just had a major fight with her boyfriend. pushing all the buttons so he didnt know where she went, poping in and out of the elevator to see if he is on that floor. That is what it looks like to me.

Logical

• View Profile
I cannot get over the fact that the elevator doors never closed, you see them open and she gets in, pushes all the buttons but the door never tries to close? Did she think someone was holding the door open? When she first looks out she actually jumps like to startle someone coming, was she waiting for someone to get in? But again she did not hold the door open and it never closed and went to any floor?....   Was she just trying to get the elevator to work ( pushing multiple buttons?  was she looking for help with the elevator? Maybe the elevator needs you to use your key to allow access to the floors she pushed, that is how ours works in our condo, I can only access my floor and common areas.

I did not get the feeling she was afraid in the video, it looked more playful, childlike, when she stood in the elevator her arms were straight down her side, hanging loosely, not crossed or protective.

But why did the elevator doors not close? What was up with that elevator? Was it locked to stay on ground and she was trying to get someone to unlock it? Maybe her actions were because the elevator was not functioning properly?

Logical

curiousinpc

• View Profile
does it seem to appear to anyone else that there could be a possibility of her being drugged/ on drugs? her behavior is really really strange. I am worried about this young lady, I pray she turns up safe.

SAP

Actually I can't see anything that indicates drug use. I tend to think like Logical above. Did the elevator not move at all, or was that part snipped out of the video?
I would be worried too if I got on an elevator and it refused to move and would probably (and have done so myself) push other buttons in order to get it to move.
The part where she pantomimes?? to someone is odd however perhaps there was someone at the end of the hallway she was trying to get attention to about the elevator??
I hope she is safe. She is a U student in BC ... was she on spring break, and as a student wouldn't have a lot of money so perhaps that is why she stayed in the bad part of the city where hotels are cheaper.
This is difficult to figure out.

joojoo

• View Profile
To me the video looks like she is trying to hide or get away from someone but I am not sure what the hand movements were in the hall (maybe to do with drug hallucinating?). She squeezes into the corner of the elevator out of sight so it appears she is not wanting to be seen. I wonder if she went to LA to meet someone over the internet and didn't realize it was a bad area of town. I know of one twenty-something girl (previous co-worker) who went down to California twice in the late 90's to meet up with two different guys she met on chatroom sites and didn't tell her family that's what she was doing. I told her she should at least give info to someone incase something happened but she didn't seem worried about this as she had been talking with the guys over the internet for a few months. Wondering if this is the same situation with Elisa. jmo

SAP

The following article claims there are claims on FB that people have seen Elisa in other parts of Los Angeles, acting strangely and yelling into the air however not corroborated by LAPD. As far as they know, the last time Elisa was seen was leaving the elevator. If other people did see her, likely they did not know about her being missing at the time and likely were afraid to stop and assist.

http://www.examiner.com/article/what-happened-to-elisa-lam

The disappearance of Elisa Lam is verging on a month old, and it seems that the media is only starting to heighten coverage of her case recently. That's likely because of the release of strange surveillance footage of the missing woman, which showed her behaving very bizarrely. Central Coast News detailed the video on Feb. 15, 2013, but there are also new claims that the woman might have been spotted in Los Angeles.

The video is linked in this Gather News article, or you can watch the video accompanying this post. Officials released it to the media on Feb. 15, 2013, and media (as well as public) interest seems to have spiked in this case. As you can see, Elisa appears to be acting erratically. At first it seems as though she may be hiding from someone, but at the same time she continually looks out of the doorway of the elevator and even steps into clear view a few times. This doesn't look like the behavior of someone who is hiding from someone else.

Elisa Lam
Photo credit:  ABC News
The Find Elisa Lam Facebook page is growing in support, and there is a lot of activity on it regarding the awareness this case has garnered. There are also people posting claiming to have sighted the missing woman. One poster claims that he might have seen the missing woman "on Wilshire and Western." The person posted on the page that the woman appeared to be suffering from some kind of mental condition and was "yelling nonstop into the air."

Another poster on the same page expressed concern in the lack of information being shared by the family of the missing woman. As of now there are no clarifications on her mental state, and curiosity is being inspired by the claims that she was behaving strangely in a different part of Los Angeles.

To be clear, no sightings of Elisa Lam have been confirmed by the LAPD, who are searching for clues regarding her disappearance. So until further notice, this woman has not been seen publicly since the strange surveillance footage being circulated around the net now. Hopefully this footage and the photos of her lead someone out there to act on information they may have. Until then, the LAPD is investigating what avenues they can in search of leads.

jobo

• View Profile
Some sad news:

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/missing-bc-woman-reported-dead-at-la-hotel-1

Updated: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:18:11 GMT | By CBC News, cbc.ca

Missing B.C. woman reported dead at L.A. hotel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The body of a missing Vancouver woman has been found in a water tank atop a Los Angeles hotel, media reports say.

The Los Angeles Times reported the body of Elisa Lam, 21, was found in the Cecil Hotel's rooftop water tank.

LAPD has confirmed a body was found, but would not say if it is male or female, nor did they release the manner of death.

Lam was last seen acting strangely in the Cecil Hotel elevator, police said.

More to come

With files from The Associated Press