Author Topic: ALABAMA, USA/ Bus driver murdered/Five year old hostage....Jan 31/2013  (Read 2736 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
A five year old is being held hostage and it has now been three days. Three days ago, the school bus driver Charles Poland Jr. 66, was killed when Jimmy Lee Dykes, a crazed gunman got on the school bus. Charles, the driver was shot several times trying to protect the children. A five year old boy was taken hostage. Jimmy Lee Dykes was to appear in court the day previously to answer to charges of shooting at his neighbours, he did not show up for that hearing. He has a bunker built on his property. This is where he is holding the child. The neighbours indicated that Dykes said, any animals or people who came on his property would be killed. The neighbours indicated he has been very volatile and that everybody is very afraid of him and that he has been acting very bizarre.

Now what I'd really like to know, is what in the hell were the police thinking in this case. They knew this man was volatile from the time he shot at his neighbours. Why not search his home then and take all his weapons. Also, he should have been held on bail until the hearing. I mean the SOB shot at his neighbours. Now an innocent man who was at his job, which he loved, is dead, shot numerous times. This did not have to happen. Dykes should have been in custody until his hearing.

We all pray for this young boy's release and that he will be safe.  There was medicine taken to him and coloring books. But who knows what will happen when the boy is with a walking time bomb and nobody knows what's going to set him off.   Let us all say a silent prayer for the young boy.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

SAP

Re: ALABAMA, USA/ Bus driver murdered/Five year old hostage....Jan 31/2013
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »
These are the kind of loose nuts that will always be able to get a hold of a gun no matter how much control is enforced.
Since he is so paranoid and volatile he might even have gotten a hold of grenades to plant on his property ...
That poor little boy, the terror he is facing. Every day with a psychotic will be a brain washing for him. Yes what were the local police thinking letting this man free?
Condolences to the family of the bus driver. Hope this resolves without harm to the boy or anyone else.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:41:30 PM »
What I can't understand is they knew he was a nut job, the police. He had already shot at the neighbours and a miracle no person was hurt and they left him out. Never took away his guns, knew he had this bunker and all, I believe the police are scared of this lunatic. And an innocent wonderful man was killed and now a child's life is in grave danger. I am blaming the law on this one, I don't care. He should have been in jail until he had his day in court. My sympathy goes out to the bus driver's family and pray for the young child. Imagine the trauma of the children that were on that bus, when they saw their driver and protector murdered in front of them. I wonder how the police feel now, that this creep should have been  in jail with no bail allowed. They have to wake up, that's what's happening, too lax in taking steps to prevent tragedy. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
The boy is now very upset, he is crying for his parents. Many police officers are on the scene. The only ventilation to the bunker is a pipe. The boy has medical issues. This child was taken at random, Dykes requested two children and was successful in terrorizing one boy and taking him to the bunker. There was a candlelight vigil last evening in Alabama. They are asking for prayers for the safe return of the child. Pray hard for this little boy. This man is a nut job, a real nut job. He beat a dog to death on his property with a lead pipe. He prowls around his property in the night with a flashlight and a weapon. The big question is, why did he get away with the violence this long. Prayers for the young boy and that he is released soon. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »
So happy this terrible ordeal is over for the family. After being held hostage in a bunker for a week this little boy is safe. His parents can finally breath again.

Alabama hostage standoff ends with child safe, gunman deadhttp://ca.news.yahoo.com/alabama-town-gathers-bury-bus-driver-slain-hostage-011349756.html

SAP

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 07:49:56 PM »
Thanks for the update Debbie.
If this man had been put away when he first brandished a gun and threatened people the FBI wouldn't have needed to end violence with violence. A little 5 yo would not have had to live with fear for the week. Even though he is safe, he will likely be having nightmares and scarred for a very long time. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »
I can only say, this ended right, the kidnapper dead and the boy safe home in his parents arms. What went on before that should be a lesson for the Crown and the police officers. This man should have been in jail on the first violent incident, without bail. Amen, nothing further to say. The evil person is dead and the angel is saved. A happy ending. My heart feels sad for the family of the bus driver. He definitely is a hero, because this crazy man may have killed so many more. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(