Author Topic: Toronto Couple found Slain in Florida Jan 2013  (Read 57462 times)

SAP

Re: Toronto Couple found Slain in Florida Jan 2013
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 10:40:24 PM »
Interesting that the gates open for anyone. There were a lot of homicides in the area last year as well. Following is video of Venetian park condos listed at approx 475,000. Marble flooring, pretty nice but take a good look in the back. Some have metal fencing which is not very high at all and the canal is right there, with easy access.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdta-jfuL0

SAP

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »
Police released some surveillance footage of a female walking alongside the couple's condo and going to the back with something in her arms and when she returns, has nothing in her arms. Neighbors there don't recognize the woman. Video at link:

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/florida-police-release-video-linked-to-toronto-couple-s-murder-1.1156923http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/florida-police-release-video-linked-to-toronto-couple-s-murder-1.1156923#ixzz2LalVBcpn

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »

Last Updated Wednesday, Mar. 6, 2013 10:25AM EST

A Toronto couple who was slain in Florida earlier this year died of asphyxiation, police say.

Rochelle Wise, 66, and her 71-year-old husband, David Pichosky, were found dead in their winter home in Hallandale Beach in January.

Police believe there are multiple suspects in the double homicide.

http://www.cp24.com/news/couple-slain-in-fla-died-of-asphyxiation-police-say-1.1183475

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Was the person that was taking a parcel, whatever it was, a delivery person. Of course, there is no vehicle seen there. And could this actually be a woman or could it be a man.  She is very heavy set and it is hard to know what she was carrying, it seemed to be very large. I thought about flowers, sometimes they are wrapped. Were there flowers in the home, fresh cut??? Just don't know what that parcel would be. Some plants are wrapped, so to keep them from breaking. It would be interesting to know if the lady liked fresh flowers in her apartment.  That's the only thing I can figure the parcel to be. It is very tragic. Hoping they find out who this person is in the video. :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 06:41:58 PM »
Someone definitely wanted this couple dead. And possibly it was strangulation. So there must have been two people that were responsible. I definitely think there was a motive here, because it doesn't make sense to kill them for nothing. It is strange that this woman never came forward. I actually think she was delivering flowers. It's too bad there wasn't more footage of the area where she was walking to see if there was a vehicle parked in the area. :o :o :o

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 06:26:13 AM »
The uneventful way the woman was walking, and how familiar she seemed to be in the area, makes me think that perhaps she was a cleaning lady. People in that area have vacation homes, second homes, etc. So it would not be unlikely that she is a person that goes on location to water plants, lightly dust and vacuum. Or, prepare a unit when someone is expected to arrive, or clean-up a unit after they leave. Usually, supplies are all at the location. She doesn't, to me, look like a person that would be on a mission to harm someone because her speed and intensity was laid back. She wasn't nervously looking around. I wonder why she walked so close to the building on the way in, but took the long sidewalk route on the way out. Could she have arrived at the location to find the couple harmed, then get nervous and leave? Perhaps, a bit in shock?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
Concerned, but what was the parcel???? Do the police know of a parcel and maybe they are keeping that a secret. And I just would like to know the extent of the time of when the lady walked around to the apartment and how long it took her to walk out, without the parcel. But the police must know what was in that parcel.  In my mind I think it was a plant or some kind of tall flowers. I also think the woman was not very worried about being seen and do not believe she had anything to do with this crime. Maybe she knocked at the door and there was no answer and she just left the parcel there. We actually do not know the police report and that could be in it, that a parcel was by the door.  I believe there was a motive here, but not exactly sure what it was. :o :o :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »
quote from article in post 31

Police released video in February from a neighbour's surveillance camera hoping to identify a woman seen walking to the rear of the couple's home that day carrying an unidentified object then leaving without it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can one woman murder two people - silently?  No screams etc.  How could she overpower both, even if individually?  If this mysterious woman is involved, perhaps she had a partner?

SAP, yes she could well be part of the "hired help".  How else would she get into a gated community? (although how secure this community is, is certainly open for debate)

JB
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:25:09 PM by jellybean »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 06:42:47 PM »
It would take a strong person to overpower and strangle two people at once. If police have video surveillance, does that rule out another entrance/escape route outside of the view of video cameras? If so, then a solo strong woman as captured in the video looks pretty guilty, especially as she hasn't come forward since.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 09:56:28 PM »
No doubt they were scrutinizing family members in Toronto.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 12:53:53 PM »
I agree with Concerned.  I don't think she had anything to do with it. Very nonchalont - ambling along.  Looks like she is eating a candy bar  when she was walking away.  She is in such "out of shape" physically, I can't see her killing anyone.
She was walking by the building at 10:53 - and seen walking walking back at 10:59.  6 minutes!! to murder 2 people and steal a ring?  No way - to my mind. Perhaps she was delivering something to someone on a yacht. Booze, perhaps?
I would look at someone in the neighbourhood, who although, by all appearances look rich, are very financially desperate. Perhaps they have stolen items of value from others, but did not have to commit murder.

jb
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:01:18 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »
Here is an article which is making more sense.  Le says it was more than 1 killer according to this article.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/toronto-couple-slain-in-florida-asphyxiated-police-say/article9337003/

SAP

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 01:31:01 AM »
This tragedy remains unsolved for now. I don't think the police will give up and will keep working on it.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/09/05/unsolved_hallandale_beach_florida_murders_leave_family_broken_exclusive.html

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 11:06:39 AM »