Author Topic: Toronto Couple found Slain in Florida Jan 2013  (Read 58081 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:29:43 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
Re: Toronto Couple found Slain in Florida Jan 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:28:56 PM »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:51:32 PM »
I think the US investigators have some pretty good ideas what was behind these murders. I was impressed to hear them speak as opposed to how much we usually hear from LE up here. Not so much any extra info given out, but the feeling they really were investigating, not just giving it lip service through a pr statement.
jmo

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »
Well, I hate to say this, but immediately when I saw this case, I thought of an inside job. A family member, I thought of instantly. But then I had in my mind, they would be in Canada and not in Florida. But low and behold family members were in Florida. So sometimes when two older people get married, then relatives get worried about their inheritance. Sorry, but I just have to say this. I maybe wrong, but it seems like the police are looking into this as an inside job. As far as I know, this is a secured kind of place and would be difficult for anyone to get in unless they were expected. I believe the couple knew their killer. That is my view on what happened here, an inside job.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
Cape; It was the first thing that I thought of too. An inside job.  Over money.

jb 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »
You would have to have a pretty good income to spend winters in Florida every year. I say no more. But what would be the motive, if there was nothing taken, surely the police do have a good insight into who committed this crime.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 11:45:00 PM »
Killing of Canadian couple in Florida may not have been random: police

8:57 pm, January 23rd, 2013 

TERRY DAVIDSON | QMI AGENCY

TORONTO - The slaying of a Jewish-Canadian couple in Florida earlier this month may not have been a random act, according to U.S. investigators.
Police officers will arrive in Toronto on Sunday to question friends, family, acquaintances and business associates of North York couple David "Donny" Pichosky, 71, and Rochelle Wise, 66.

The couple were murdered in their Hallandale Beach winter home on Jan. 10.

"We're trying to figure out who their business associates were, their neighbours. Were they liked? Were they disliked?" said Dwayne Flournoy, Hallandale Beach's police chief. "We don't have information (about) their activities as it relates to Toronto ... We're trying to get a better understanding of who (they) were."

When asked if Pichosky, a retired businessman, and Wise, the former director of a kids' day camp, had been targeted, Flournoy didn't rule it out as a possibility.
"We haven't ruled anything out right now," said Flournoy, who called it a "complicated" case. "If they were targeted, we're not releasing that information. Right now, everything is in the realm of possibility."

According to a Florida newspaper, Flournoy spent Tuesday talking to the couple's neighbours and others living around their Hallandale Beach home, ensuring that "there is no elevated risk to the public as it relates to a crime spree."

The respective children of Pichosky and Wise, who had been married only a few years, were tight-lipped.

Suzanne Pichosky, daughter-in-law of David Pichosky, refused to comment when asked about the possibility the couple were targeted. Pichosky's son, Mark, would only say he hoped for a speedy arrest. Rochelle Wise's son, who did not want his name used, also refused to comment.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/world/archives/2013/01/20130123-205757.html

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 06:05:06 AM »
Florida likes to solve their cases.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »
I firmly believe this case will be solved. My opinion is, they knew their killer. :( :( :( :( :( :(

SAP

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:33:48 AM by SAP »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 08:43:38 PM »
Toxicology?  Why?? Could this be by poison?  Was it really a double homicide?? ???
So many questions. Is toxicology always done in Florida murders? 
That doesn't make any sense.  But does perhaps offer a hint.
The mystery deepens.

JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 12:26:35 AM »
The note was probably in a safe, or held by a lawyer with her will, to be given upon her death. I too have left notes for my children , with to be opened upon my death only .  Thus I do not find that unusual.  I have sought to comfort my three kids upon my passing so thus the letters. The are in my safe in the house and kids know they are to open it the safe upon my death.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 11:21:50 PM »
Sap I totally agree with you , any one could have accessed those houses from the water way , A gate at the front is not much use if the back is totaly exposed. Sure hope they find the killer soon .

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 03:54:45 PM »
I'm happy to hear about the cameras, and I hope they find some evidence.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »
I discovered some interesting comments by readers, about the security in the Hallendale gated communities.
It came from this site.  I am not familiar with the street name that this couple lived on. 
http://jimfishertruecrime.blogspot.ca/2013/01/canadian-retirees-david-pichosky-and.html

There are 6 comments.  I think the last 3 are of interest re: lack of security.
I am not familiar with the area of course. :)

JB

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:06:46 PM by jellybean »