Author Topic: Internet businesses may put people at risk for B and E's  (Read 1926 times)

SAP

Internet businesses may put people at risk for B and E's
« on: January 15, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
Never even thought that advertising gold, jewellry or other valuables on Kijiji etc could be an invitation for robbery by lowlife lazy crooks. The following people had a home based business in jewellry giving police the idea this was the reason for the invasion, as the crooks took the jewellry and several rifles and handguns.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/01/14/edmonton-sherwood-park-home-invasion.html

Beware of advertising valuables.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:09:55 AM by SAP »

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
Re: Internet businesses may put people at risk for B and E's
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:26:46 AM »
A few years back I had a great big load of equipment leaving Halifax for the Middle East and we took some photos of the loading of the kit because it was intricate and difficult. One of my shop hands posted some of the photos to Facebook until one of the managers saw it and asked for them to be removed simply because he knew that break ins could happen if the wrong person saw your business's belongings online. It wouldn't take much for a crook who can see your photos to google the location of the business you work for and go from there. Especially if you get some company logos in your photos.

That was the last time I allowed photos to go out of one of my operations without first vetting them and I carry that lesson into my personal life as well.

Nish

SAP

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »

There goes my idea of placing my imported from Italy vintage living room suite on kijiji or anywhere online for that matter.  ::)

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »
Just post it with your neighbour's address ;)

Nish