Author Topic: Mary Lou Barnes/Larry Mills Jr. - 1995 - British Settlement, NB - Murdered  (Read 21833 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Chet, I am more apt to think that they had an undercover informant in the jailhouse alongside of him. I think that could be where this new information is coming from. He may have been living in BC for some time. I would say that the police have been monitoring him for some time and waiting to get the piece of information that could get a conviction in this case. Or as you say, a witness may know something and decided to give out the information. The best is, he is charged and he is going to go before the court and there will be some justice for the Barnes and Mills family.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
I love it! 10 years they had a POI and now they solved it. I guess it can take a while sometimes.

capeheart

• View Profile
Amen, to that Chris. Sometimes it take a long time for justice to come but it is worth waiting for. We were always unaware of who did this crime, but I guess the investigators had White in the headlights for a long time. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

capeheart

• View Profile
Yes, that is strange. I was trying to find why he was incarcerated, but it didn't say in the news story. It is strange that he is serving the time in B.C.  If he has family out there he could have asked to be transferred to another prison, sometimes they will do that. He may have been scared to be sent to a prison in New Brunswick, because it was possibly known that they would do him in there. Most people in the area knew he was a suspect, but we did not know that. Local people tend to know what's happening around the community and that could be why they put him in another prison, far away from the victims families.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

capeheart

• View Profile
To Larry Mills Sr., I also send my deepest thoughts and sympathy to you in the loss of Mary and Larry, your son. I know by the news conference the pain is with you the same as if it was yesterday. God bless you and keep you strong in the future. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Sleuth

And here's the newspaper article with a picture of Mary Lou Barnes and her son Larry Mills. RIP Mary and Larry.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
I am looking at old threads, and came across the following.  Justice has been served.  Mr. White received life in prison, in the year 2011.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2011/11/01/nb-raymond-joseph-white-sentencing-1009.html

Excerpts:

Raymond Joseph White has been sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty last week to two counts of second-degree murder.

White was sentenced in Moncton provincial court on Tuesday. He will not be eligible for parole for 15 years.

White, 65, pleaded guilty on Friday to two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the 1995 deaths of a woman and her son near Sackville.

"I'm sorry I dragged this out for 16 years," White told the court on Tuesday.

"I know sorry doesn't cut it. I wish I had the courage to deal with this earlier."

The RCMP presented the Crown with findings on three occasions over the years but no charges were laid until April 2010. The Mounties said in 2000 that there had been a break in the case, but they did not release any other details at the time.

The White and Mills families once lived just a few houses away from each other in the nearby community of Wood Point, and Barnes and White's wife worked together at a nursing home in Sackville. But beyond that, White did not have any significant relationship with the victims.

No Motive given in court.

JB
Perhaps this thread can be moved to solved? - or can SOLVED be placed on Title of thread?  I dunno  ???

PandaBearKitty

capeheart

• View Profile
Thanks for the information, Pandabearkitty.

jellybean

• View Profile
This is crazy.  The man did not even give a reason why he murdered them.
Sick!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-double-murder-1.1119045

jellybean

• View Profile
THIS IS FURTHER FOLLOW UP  - REGARDS TO HIS SENTENCE.

This is crazy.  The man did not even give a reason why he murdered them.
Sick!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-double-murder-1.1119045

jellybean

• View Profile
He was sentenced to life in prison.

jb