Author Topic: COLD CASE 1970 Phyliss OBrien Carson frm Stephenvilli Newfoundland  (Read 14594 times)

newfie

• View Profile
Hello, This is a new forum for me to write about my moms Cold Case from Calif, she is from Newfoundland, but was murdered in French Camp Calif in 1970. never been solved. I am hoping to get her story out there as far as I can and get as many eyes and memories to help in assisting in our case. I have attahced her FB page I made for her for you to read all the media I have done for the assist. Soon Id like to write a book. Please "like" her Facebook page.

Jan 29, 2013, at 2PM Pacific time and 5PM Eastern time there will be WEB viewing of the family talking to Mr. Jon Lieberman in reference to My moms murder, Please go to web site below and hit INFO and then hit RSVP:

http://www.spreecast.com/events/searching-for-justice-phyllis-obrien

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/09/03/french-camp-woman-searches-for-answers-in-mothers-death-decades-ago/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/10/authorities-probe-42-year-old-cold-case-young-california-mother-murder/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:29:22 PM by newfie »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

newfie

• View Profile
Re: COLD CASE 1970 Phyliss OBrien Carson frm Stephenvilli Newfoundland
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »
Hello, This is a new forum for me to write about my moms Cold Case from Calif, she is from Newfoundland, but was murdered in French Camp Calif in 1970. never been solved. I am hoping to get her story out there as far as I can and get as many eyes and memories to help in assisting in our case. I have attahced her FB page I made for her for you to read all the media I have done for the assist. Soon Id like to write a book. Please "like" her Facebook page.

Jan 29, 2013, at 2PM Pacific time and 5PM Eastern time there will be WEB viewing of the family talking to Mr. Jon Lieberman in reference to My moms murder, Please go to web site below and hit INFO and then hit RSVP:

http://www.spreecast.com/events/searching-for-justice-phyllis-obrien

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/09/03/french-camp-woman-searches-for-answers-in-mothers-death-decades-ago/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/10/authorities-probe-42-year-old-cold-case-young-california-mother-murder/

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
Hey newfie,

To find out what happened to your mom:

What kinds of things did she enjoy doing?  any groups she would have joined for hobbies?

What kind of work did she do?  Why did she move to California?  Was your father in the picture?  Was your mother sociable?  Would she be the sort of woman who would network with other moms, babysit their kids, organize playdates, etc?

Might help us get a picture as to who could have done this.

newfie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »
Hello

she moved to the States, when she met my Dad while he was in the Air Force stationed in Stephenvill back in the 50's there was an American Air station there.  She did not work, except taking care of 4 kids. at the time. I dont remember if she had any hobbies.. I was only 9 at the time. and I dont remember if she had friends either. Yes mom was a social person. when she was able to get out with my great aunt they use to go to thrift stores. Dad he was there at the time, I mean they were still married and we lived in French Camp.   no she was not a socal butterfly () I mean networking with others, very reserved person.  Melissa

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »
Based on the description you provided, it sounds like whoever did this was stalking her.  You said she was not really a social butterfly, that to me indicates whoever did this became familiar with her routines.  Was there anyone bothering her or your aunt or even anyone showing interest/affection towards your mother, wanting to befriend her, etc?

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:53:30 PM »

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 09:42:59 PM »
Were the bar employees ever questioned?  It would also help to know if this was a bar known mostly to locals- anyone who was not considered a regular would stick out like a sore thumb.  She might have been watched for some time and then there came the perfect opportunity.

newfie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 10:04:30 PM »
Yes I was told that the folks in this establishment was questioned over and over, but no one still came forward of any information, AND I just cant believe that, it was a small community bar, only the people that lived around there went there. And I am praying if these folks are still alive maybe in there 70's maybe. they will come forward and not fear of any of the unknowen that was holding them back then.

Maybe she was being stalked, maybe IF  it was a friend of a friend and things got carried away... I dont know and these seneriors I can come up with over and over,  this is WHY I really needs help in getting her story out there to get someone that use to live there and maybe moved to say somthing.  remember somthing.

newfie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 10:09:08 PM »
Please open up her Facebook page and listen to the CBS 13 Media I did, this is the  the bar... as it is still open.. how small it it and was. .... and 'LIKE her Page"

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »
I would say there is definitely a code of silence here, someone knows who killed your mom. If this was a small bar and everybody knew everybody, someone knew what happened. And when she said she was getting a drive home with a family friend, that is just what happened. Sometimes a friend cannot be trusted, sometimes it is the devil you know that can cause harm. More than once I've heard that someone was assaulted by someone they knew and took a drive with, especially if alcohol is in the picture. Your mom trusted the wrong person and the answer is out there of what happened to her. Of course, investigative procedures are way ahead of what they used to be now. If this was today, I'm sure they possibly would have solved her murder. A private investigator may be able to get some answers. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

newfie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 03:29:19 PM »
Yes, I do believe she trusted in the person, we didnt live to far from the establishment, to ware it was out of the way to bring her home. I Wish I can get a PI, But I cannot afford, so my only was/is doing media and trying to get her story out there, IM praying that someone will recall a conversation one had in the days, years, weeks, decades later.

If anyone has suggestions in helping in getting her story out, Please suggest.   

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »
To throw Phyliss out of the car, as police suggested, is a particularly brutal thing and seems difficult for one person driving a car to do. I wonder if she might have jumped out of the moving vehicle. Either way, a terrible end to a young mother's life. You are doing the right thing by posting the case on Facebook. If you and your family no longer live in in California, can you continue to get it into the local media in the town where your mother was killed? Maybe you could make up some posters and circulate them to local businesses and ask them to post them, or pay to take out a classified ad in the local papers there. It's important to keep up the pressure locally where it's most likely potential witnesses still live.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:13:17 PM by leonagleant »

newfie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
I was able to get our 2 local newspapers and a local TV station to do a media on her case which is attached above, or in her facebook. I found out though there is a person that lives in Oklahoma this is still alive that I think may still knows somthing. trying to get some media there.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »
Questions   Your Mom said that she was getting a ride home by a family friend. Was your Dad still in the service at that time?  French Camp - was that a service base?  or a small town around the service base?

Did your Dad ever bring any servicemen home?  (Your Mom said she was getting a lift from a family friend)

Did your Mom have any family living in that area (once again a family friend). You spoke about a great aunt, and relatives.

Next door neighbours?, who may be considered as a family friend (either through the kids or your Mom?)

Did she do any volunteer work?  I can't see how, in raising 4 children, but I will still ask the question.
(family friend, possibly one of the kids teachers)?

JB

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:40:17 PM by jellybean »