Author Topic: April Rose Zane 4/18/76 | Missing Frankfort, IL (1976) Might be in Canada  (Read 2546 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile

April Rose Zane
Missing since April 18, 1977 from Frankfort, Will County, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark auburn hair; blue-grey/green eyes. She has a long back which makes her appear tall. April has freckles on her face.
    Marks, Scars: Scar on her right hip from appendectomy; scar on her right knee; scar on her chin.
    Clothing: Last seen wearing a brown flannel jacket.
    Dentals: Available
    DNA: Available
    Fingerprints: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Zane was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1977. (It is possible that she went missing the year prior - 1976). She was going into town to visit a friend. She never made it to the friends' house and was never heard from again.
April had a record of running away from home, but always turned up later. She was found several times in the Chicago land area and arrested for curfew violation.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Frankfort Police Department
Detective William Dowding
815-469-9435

Richard Leonard Forensic Case Manager National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
(703) 778-6478
RLeonard@NCMEC.ORG

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:50:32 AM by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
There is reason to believe she may have traveled into Canada with help.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Chris I am wondering? you stated there is reason to believe she may have traveled to Canada with help?  Do you know this young lady or did I miss something in the above article.  Also wondering about her hight two inches is quite a difference at 17 were the police not able to confirm her height with family?  I am searching to see if there was anything else printed back then , She does look like a nurse I had once at the Mississauga Hospital but it is a few years back so not sure.