Author Topic: 58-year-old James Austen MacKey-Red Bank NB(Chipman)  (Read 4933 times)

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
58-year-old James Austen MacKey-Red Bank NB(Chipman)
« on: December 18, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
The District 2 RCMP has released a photo of a missing man from Chipman, N.B. in the hope that the public may have seen him or know where he is.

The vehicle belonging to 58-year-old James Austen MacKey was found on November 29, 2012, abandoned and stuck in mud, on the Harley Road in Red Bank, N.B. Police want to confirm that he is safe.

A search was conducted in the area of his vehicle with the RCMP helicopter, RCMP Police Dog Services and York-Sunbury Ground Search and Rescue but nothing was found to indicate where Mr. MacKey might be.

He is described as Caucasian, approximately 5'8'', 180 lbs with brown hair and green eyes.

District 2 RCMP is asking that anyone who may have had contact or seen James Austen MacKey prior to November 29 to call RCMP at 1-888-506-RCMP (7267).

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/news-nouvelles/releases-communiques/12-12-06-121019-eng.htm

GSAR_Mbr

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: 58-year-old James Austen MacKey-Red Bank NB(Chipman)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
Sure hope they find this fellow safe, Chipman touches  on me as my late husband was from there originally and his grandparents lived there all their lives.  It is a place I have often visited in the past.  Being such a small place it would be nearly impossible to dissappear inside the town, just hoping he is not out in the elements somewhere.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »
Sure hope they find this fellow safe, Chipman touches  on me as my late husband was from there originally and his grandparents lived there all their lives.  It is a place I have often visited in the past.  Being such a small place it would be nearly impossible to dissappear inside the town, just hoping he is not out in the elements somewhere.
Eyeswideopen: I am not sure if you are aware of the area of Harley Road, however the Harley Road is a Dirt logging road that is quite long with many branches off it. As the vehicle was located down that road he would not have gone missing in the "town" portion of Chipman.

Just wanted to update on the area the car was located as I'm not sure how well you or others know it.

GSAR_Mbr

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
Thanks  Gasbar I dont know it all that well, just knew that it was pretty much country out that way.  Guess there has been no luck on finding this poor fellow?

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 04:24:10 PM »
November 12th and still no word. - car stuck in mud. - many branches of road to take off logging road.  Cold and disoriented?  Lost his way?
Not looking good.

JB

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 03:14:27 PM »
On December 23, around 4 p.m. human remains were found in Moncton, New Brunswick on Wheeler Boulevard in a narrow field behind an apartment complex. An autopsy was performed on December 24, 2012. I don't know any more details. Was wondering if it was James Austen MacKey?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/12/23/nb-moncton-human-remains.html

http://www.newbrunswickbeacon.ca/27395/investigation-human-remains-moncton-continues/

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »
I am thinking it would be way to far of a walk in the cold weather, from Chipman to moncton.  No word that I could find on James, the longer he is missing the less chance he is safe.  Still searching for any further updates if any one has found any please post thanks.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 01:58:12 PM »
Sadly, there are also several other persons missing from various areas of NB at this point in time, as well.  Then, of course, the remains recently found may be none of these, either.

LadyVenom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »
I instantly thought about this case when the remains were found, but I agree, after looking at a map, it is just wayyy to far of a walk for it to be a likely match