Author Topic: Roger Colepaugh missing for five weeks, Blackville, NB  (Read 9364 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Roger Colepaugh missing for five weeks, Blackville, NB
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »
There is a thread on here for Carol Hodge (64) who went missing in Peterborough last year.  She was found deseased in her car in the Otonobee River just north of the dam at Trent University....which is in the city.

At that time I wondered how this could've happened without witnesses, but it did.  Her car was spotted by an OPP helicopter.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »
Cana, you mentioned a call around February of a man that travelled and ran out of money and he said he was from N.B. But that would be quite some time since Nov. 12. Of course, he may have travelled and stopped in other cities along the way. Yes, it could very well be this man, since he mentioned a truck. But timewise, this would have taken him almost three months to get there and he said he had travelled with no sleep. There are a lot of people from down here go to Calgary to seek work, this could be someone like that. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 07:36:01 PM »
I think his car will be found, along with him in it.  I don't expect a good outcome. Sure hope that I am wrong.
But missing for three months - no sight of him - no change on his bank account.. I mean seriously ....

On the other hand, we really don't know anything about the man, actually.. 
So - who knows?  Could be that he will just pop up somewhere.  Hard to guess whenever human nature is involved.

JB

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 06:31:56 AM »
Cana, you mentioned a call around February of a man that travelled and ran out of money and he said he was from N.B. But that would be quite some time since Nov. 12. Of course, he may have travelled and stopped in other cities along the way. Yes, it could very well be this man, since he mentioned a truck. But timewise, this would have taken him almost three months to get there and he said he had travelled with no sleep. There are a lot of people from down here go to Calgary to seek work, this could be someone like that. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cape- you seem angry...?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »
Cana, no, you got me all wrong. I'm just saying that a lot of times people from the maritimes drive all the way out west for work and could run out of money and need help. Angry, I'm not. I'm just saying that the timing doesn't fit in because of the dates, there is too much time since he went missing. Of course, not knowing if Roger was a drinker, he could have got in with the wrong crowd and they took his truck and harmed him and in that way, nobody would ever know what happened to him. And then he might have driven off and sold his truck and that gave him money to survive on, there are all kinds of scenarios. It would be interesting to hear from someone who was close friends with Roger and what kind of chap he was. It must be difficult for the family of someone when they disappear like this. :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 12:14:22 PM »
Anyone on here from the Blackville area of N.B.  Is there anyone that could give us a little light on why Roger would just disappear??? Was he involved in being a witness at a trial or anything? Did he have an ex that was not getting on well with him??? Did he have a lot of financial troubles??? And the fact that he had money to drive a truck, especially the price of gas, he must have had some kind of cash.  Just wondering, maybe he had mental health issues or something. Not a sound from anyone on this case. Has he been found????? :o :o :o

calorumado

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/body-of-missing-n-b-man-found-in-boiestown-1.1269017

New Brunswick RCMP say the body of a missing Upper Derby man has been found.
Roger Colepaugh, 49, was last seen by his family on Nov. 8, 2012 at a home in Upper Derby.
Colepaugh was spotted later that day on a surveillance camera at a banking machine in Fredericton at the corner of Queen and Carleton streets.
His family reported him missing on Nov. 12.
RCMP say they were led to a wooded area of Boiestown after someone who had been fishing in the area reported seeing an abandoned truck parked in the same place for two days.
Police say the truck was confirmed to belong to Colepaugh, prompting officers to search the area on Friday, where they found the body of a man.
RCMP confirm the body is that of Colepaugh. Foul play is not suspected in his death.

unfortunately there is no happy ending in this story, but i pray his family can feel peace knowing where he is.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
It well bring peace to his family to know what happened to him. It surely is not a happy ending.  :'( :'( :'(