Author Topic: Emma Fillipoff, 26, missing on Vancouver Island since Nov. 28, 2012  (Read 37493 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Fillipoff, 26, missing on Vancouver Island since Nov. 28, 2012
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 11:08:49 AM »
Emma is still missing.

Today marks day 65 in case of missing woman

By Sian Thomson, CAMPBELL RIVER COURIER-ISLANDER February 1, 2013

Former Campbell River resident Emma Fillipoff is still missing without a trace.

It is day 65 since Fillipoff was last seen in downtown Victoria. The 27-year-old woman hasn't been seen by anyone known to her since Nov. 28.

There were reports that she may have been returning to Campbell River where she has friends and where she used to work at the Royal Coachman Pub.

Emma is known to suffer from psychological issues, including depression. Police have said there's no indication of foul play in the case and are still making all possible efforts to find her. They continue to regard her disappearance as a high priority, but have run out of leads.

Fillipoff's bank account hasn't been accessed since she disappeared.

"We have no leads or information regarding her whereabouts or what happened to her. We've tracked down all tips and followed up on everything that came our way without result," says the facebook page "Help Find Emma Fillipoff ".

Her mother, Shelley Fillipoff, flew out from Ontario to look for Emma and has been in Victoria since Emma went missing. Shelley and dozens of volunteers have mounted hundreds of posters across Victoria and Vancouver Island. Shelley left for Vancouver this week to pursue other possible angles and make contact with other friends of Emma. She is reluctantly returning home to Ontario next week.

Searchers have said that they feel somebody knows something. On the facebook page the message reads "We encourage that person to put aside their loyalties and concerns and step forward.

"This is a perfect opportunity to do something that really makes a difference. Please, have courage! You can put a great deal of suffering to rest."

If you see Emma or think you have seen her, please call 911. There are also a number of anonymous ways to step forward.

Create a throw-away email address (Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail etc.), and email Emma's mum directly at fillipoff@hotmail.com. People are asked to only use this email for tips and/or information regarding Emma.

Crime stoppers is completely anonymous, there's even a way to leave an anonymous tip on their website at http: //www.bccrimestoppers.com, or you can call them at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477). If you're particularly worried about privacy, use a payphone.

sthomson@courierislander.com

http://www.canada.com/Today+marks+case+missing+woman/7904331/story.html

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
This is sure not looking good , in my opinion . Sure hope this girl has signed her self in for some help with her problems and is safe.  Not accessing her money , supposing she had any, as I recall she was at a sheltter is very worrysome.  Truely hope she is safe.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 09:25:56 PM »
http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/fillipoff-case-a-missing-woman-leaves-a-mysterious-trail-1.75659

Some of these details are new to me, such as police talking with Emma for 45 minutes just before she went missing.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 05:38:30 PM »
Ok, this is a lot of info to take in.

I am going to approach this as one of my cases at work, but it will be more difficult with the person not sitting in front of me.

From what I am gathering, it sounds like if she had a mental breakdown, it would have happened much earlier, being that her mother said she was reclusive earlier in adulthood- basically, there was a pattern emerging throughout her adulthood.

I wish her mother would say something as to whether neurological disorders, such as epilepsy, were present in the family.  Epilepsy sometimes masquerades as mental illness.  Also, a mark against someone so to speak in terms of neurological disorders can set them up for any other neurological disorder.  I am leaning toward schizophrenia on this one (which again, is a neurological disorder, not a mental illness).  It could have very well been a mental breakdown, but all that term means is a loss of normal functioning.  In other words, she could have had a psychotic break while she was living alone, which precipitated the isolation behaviours.

The fact she has an eating disorder is worrisome- I am wondering if this occurred around the same time that she began to get reclusive.  Self-starvation behaviours are seen in schizophrenia too, so it would be helpful to know if that is an area she struggled with before.  Also, again adding to a seizure theory, from someone who has had an eating disorder for years, your sodium level can plummet, causing you to have seizures in which you are awake but really out of it.  I am not sure what you would call this.  It is just now being studied more within the medical community.

These are just from what I have witnessed and seen happen with my own clients- not a diagnosis of any kind.

If she was having seizures or just had not eaten properly, she might have fainted and gone into the water.  She might have jumped either intentionally or unintentionally.  She might have harmed herself in another way- again, purposely or not.

I do not think Emma is still alive :(   

Morticia Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »
Please help find Emma
Last seen Nov 28 2012
Height: 5'5
Weight: 90-110 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Mostly blonde, some hints of brown and very long (past waist). It could be braided into pigtails, or up in a bun. She likes to wear knitted hats.
Striking features: Her laugh,smile, her tan complexion, her unusually long hair.

Morticia Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 10:36:23 AM »
Please share poster far and wide. Thank you. ♥

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 12:00:22 AM »
Discovery of missing Cleveland women gives hope to moms in Victoria caseshttp://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/discovery-of-missing-cleveland-women-gives-hope-to-moms-in-victoria-cases-1.147937

Jesokah Adkens, 17, was last seen Sept. 26, 2001. Four-year-old Michael Dunahee went missing on March 24, 1991. Emma Fillipoff was last seen in November 2012.

SAP

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »
Possible sighting of  Emma in Winnipeg, Man ... per Missing Canada website/facebook. Any of you living in Winnipeg please keep an eye out for Emma.

TIP ALERT: It was brought to our Attention earlier today that Emma Fillipoff, 28, #missing from #Victoria #BC since Nov 2012 May have been spotted this past week at one of the Salvation army missions in the #Winnipeg MB area. If you have seen her or have any Info on her whereabouts Please Contact the Winnipeg Police at 204-986-6222 or Winnipeg Crime Stoppers at 204-786-8477 (local) or 1-800-222-8477 Canada Wide. (PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS IN THE WINNIPEG AREA)

The family is offering a 25 Thousand Dollar Reward ($25 000)for information leading to Emma's whereabouts. If you want to help, please share this new poster. Every share helps. Please, please, click share. Help Find Emma Fillipoff

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 10:28:07 PM »
If this is her, is she trying to go home (Ontario)?  Begs the question, how would she have gotten this far?  Especially given she had to take a ferry at one point and I doubt she could have safely hitchhiked the entire way.

SAP

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »
I wish it would be Emma however as with any other missing person case, people get an image in their head and often mistake another for the missing person. It would be great if it was her. Alot of people don't pay attention to missing person's or crimes against people, so it's possible someone could have missed seeing she was being searched for.

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 06:13:20 AM »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:18:41 AM by discus »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 10:49:25 PM »
Today marks the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Emma Fillipoff. There are still no answers as to what happened to her.

The year-long search for Emma Fillipoffhttp://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/the-year-long-search-for-emma-fillipoff-1.1565260

click to enlarge poster

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 01:18:01 PM »
What a beautiful picture.  How does someone just disappear?  Would the current carry a body out into the ocean?  Or did a predator see her vulnerability?

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »
Wonder if a tracking dog was brought in early on or ever?