Author Topic: Emma Fillipoff, 26, missing on Vancouver Island since Nov. 28, 2012  (Read 31469 times)

discus

• View Profile
Perth mother desperately searches for daughter missing on Vancouver Island

BY ZEV SINGER, OTTAWA CITIZEN DECEMBER 11, 2012 10:03 PM

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Perth+mother+desperately+searches+daughter+missing+Vancouver+Island/7684492/story.htmlwww.facebook.com/HelpUsFindEmmaFillipoff
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:14:15 AM by discus »

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Emma Fillipoff, 26, missing on Vancouver Island since Nov. 28, 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
I wonder what Emma was doing at a women's homeless shelter. Was she travelling, without money, fleeing an abusive relationship? Difficult to be looking for a fragile missing daughter at this time of year.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:47:09 PM »
Emma Fillipoff has gone missing on Vancouver Island. She was last seen Nov. 18 in Victoria.

click to enlarge photo

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
I'm hoping Emma will be found safe, but at this point it is not looking good. My thoughts are with her mother as she continues to search.   

Perth woman faces difficult choice in her search for missing daughterhttp://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ottawa/Perth+woman+faces+difficult+choice+search+missing+daughter/7765712/story.html

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:38:34 PM by debbiec »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
If Emma did commit suicide, it amazes me how someone can commit suicide in an urban area and not be found. But it wouldn't be the first time. I also wonder why she left her car in the parking lot of a nice hotel downtown?

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 07:36:37 PM »
Could it be schizophrenia?  the onset is sudden and begins with a complete mental break.  I wish her mother had indicated if it was this specific disease that runs in the family.  Although schizophrenia is a neurological disorder, not a mental illness, many refer to it as such.  That is the diagnosis I think of first when I read that she is suddenly staying in shelters.  If it were depression, for instance, she would be more likely to either come home or check into a hospital.  With schizophrenia, she would be paranoid of everything, espcially of seeing a doctor.  I wonder if this shelter was more of a drop-in place or a goal-setting type facility where they would do a specific discharge plan- then they would know at least where she intended to head off to. 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 03:35:56 PM »
Thinking of Emma's mom as she continues the exhaustive search for her daughter. I have not read anything that says Shelly Fillipoff has returned to her home in Ottawa. 

Search for Emma Fillipoff spreads to the Inner Harbour

http://www.ctvvancouverisland.ca/2013/01/search-for-emma-fillipoff-spreads-to-the-inner-harbour/

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »
Do ferries leave from the Empress Hotel area? 

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 10:59:38 PM »
Her car was actually found at the Chateau Victoria Hotel, which is several blocks from the Empress Hotel and not immediately adjacent to the waterfront. It's a nice hotel.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 12:01:51 PM »
This article is from January 9th. Emma remains missing.

41 days in, search continues for Emma Fillipoffwww.facebook.com/helpfindemmafillipoff

http://www.ctvvancouverisland.ca/2013/01/41-days-in-search-continues-for-emma-fillipoff/

Carriem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 05:15:35 PM »
My heart goes out to Emma's mom and thier family, sending lots of positive thoughts, love and white light in hopes Emma is found soon.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 07:04:39 PM »
The ferries go over to Seattle. I lived in Victoria for two years and did go a couple of times to the US. But at that time we didn't need a passport, but now you do. So if she didn't have her passport with her, it is not likely she could go there. And if her car was at a hotel, how come she was staying at a hostel. This story is confusing and excuse me, but I'm mixed up. Also, if her mom was so concerned about her not being able to care for herself, she shouldn't have encouraged her to go so far away. Victoria is a nice place, but there is danger in every city, if the right person runs into a person that is trusting. She may have met someone at that hotel and video surveillance should be called on to see if she was seen there. But someone may have left her car there also, it may not have been her. Maybe someone there would recogize her. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 12:00:19 AM »
Cape , not sure that i have seen any where were it said her Mother encouraged her to go there ?  I was under the impression that this problems came up fairly recently, perhaps from the loss of a job etc. JMO

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 09:05:06 PM »
As Emma is 26, she would be making her own decisions, regardless of the advice from her mother. She kept telling her mother she could work out her problems on her own, so her mother was taking a wait and see approach.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »
Emma would not be the first person who went into hiding due to mental illness.  Let us hope that she is safe.
I would check all of the women's homeless shelters, hospitals, and have  city cops on the beat to watch  out for her, with pictures in hand.
Have her picture plastered all over the province.
A single search by the Mom in locating her is too great a task, impossible, to my mind.
A concerted effort by citizens is required to find her.
God Bless her Mother, and I wish from the bottom of my heart that her daughter will be returned to her safe and sound.

JB

JB