Author Topic: Missing | Melissa April | age 22 | Saskatoon  (Read 5400 times)

SAP

Missing | Melissa April | age 22 | Saskatoon
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:46:31 PM »
http://www.albertapolicereport.com/2012/11/21/search-for-missing-22-year-old-woman-underaway/

Picture at link. For some reason I could not copy article or picture. Melissa could be in Saskatoon, Prince Albert or Edmonton.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:49:33 PM by SAP »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Missing | Melissa April | age 22 | Saskatoon
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 03:39:52 AM »
something sounds strange here, sure hope this young lady is safe

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 02:11:21 PM »
Perhaps Melissa has some ties to those areas. It could be possible that RCMP have received reports from people thinking they've seen her, also.

Missing SK woman may be in Edmonton: RCMP

11/21/2012

RCMP say a missing Saskatchewan woman may be in Edmonton.

Melissa April, 22, has not been heard from since November 8th, apart from a few Facebook messages. April usually lives in Saskatoon, but investigators believe she may be in Edmonton or Prince Albert.

http://www.inews880.com/news/edmonton/story.aspx?ID=1824403

SAP

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
In another article also put out by police, it stated that Melissa has used FB a few times since her disappearance. Perhaps she is looking for work, escaping an abusive relationship or overly protective family etc. There doesn't seem to be much on the Net except for police pleas.
I hope she gets the guidance she needs and is not being taken advantage of. She is old enough to leave home if she wants her own life. If she is in trouble with the law, better to face the consequences head on and get it over with. She really has a sweet looking disposition so it's difficult to see her as escaping the law.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 04:13:39 PM »
Well at least, judging by the last article, the police may have a lead, that she is in Edmonton.

I hope she is safe and well, and will have the sense to pick up a phone and call police to let them know that she is fine.
Hard to say though.

JB

devlee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »
Melissa and family come from around where I lived for 18 years.  My kids went to school with her brother Randy.  According to Melissa's mom Kim's post on FB on Nov. 24, Melissa is safe.  Here's the post -

She is not missing. she is safe and sound. she is scared of going to jail because she was in a house visiting when Police came in and arrested EVERYONE in the residence because a SAWED OFF 22. she now realizes how she is Loved and Cared for and somehow she will deal with this . She says "Sorry I didnt realize that family and friends would think I was missing. I will keep in touch from now on!"

Sounds like she's mixed up with a bad crowd and is in hiding?

SAP

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »
I'm happy she is safe. It may not even be that she knew she is mixed up with the wrong crowd. I hope she gets her life together while away from Saskatoon.

SAP

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
If that person was indeed her mother stating above on Facebook, should this thread be removed so as not to create more problems for Melissa. She doesn't need a lot of needless speculation about her life and I certainly wouldn't have posted this thread if I had known she was safe.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
Good point SAP--yet I feel this thread should remain until LE make it official that she is no longer missing. 

I have to say that I've noticed an increase in missing, young people--who turn up safe.  It is always good news when they are deleted from LE "missing" files.  I also hope that somehow, the terror of thinking your child has come to harm, and the reality a kid faces knowing that the police and the public are involved, may open the door for these families to start anew, communicate, and solve some problems.  :-)

SAP

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »
I understand Have Faith. In the back of my mind, and since there have been recent discussions on this site regarding "gangs" I am wondering if this was the case ... that she was visiting a house where there were known gang members ... if she is apprehended by police, those members may think she is giving out some info and she becomes their next victim. Saskatoon is also rife with gangs. I am not saying Melissa is involved with gangs however if any people have actually met gang members away from their "group" in other settings, sometimes it is not easy to see them for what they are. Through my work I have met many whom I would never ever have thought as belonging to gangs ... they had demeanor and outside appearances of decent people. However when it comes to fight or flight, their paranoia kicks in and they transform.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
I see your point SAP--but it sounds as though Melissa has been disconnected from her family for some time...for whatever reason.  Normally, a daughter will not go missing for a month without contacting her worried family, and the fact that she posted a bit on her facebook page during this time, more or less proves this out. 

It was obvious from LE's statements, in their report of her being missing, that they were not treating this as a serious case, as in an abduction, or as this being a case where it was considered "unusual" that she had not contacted family, which they take very seriously.  Instead, they listed the cities she may have gone to, presumably on her own accord.

You may be right in thinking that Melissa got caught up in a group who she thought were "decent" people.  She is 22, which is young--but she isn't 17.  But she was missing--why? The fact that the cops raided the house she was in, and arrested "everybody"---makes me think that Melissa should have been street-wise enough to know, that not only was she not among "decent" people...she was among dangerous, armed drug dealers.  I think she knew where she was, and why she was there.  JMO  I hope that this will be a turning point for Melissa, and her family.

Quote:

"She is not missing. she is safe and sound. she is scared of going to jail because she was in a house visiting when Police came in and arrested EVERYONE in the residence because a SAWED OFF 22. she now realizes how she is Loved and Cared for and somehow she will deal with this . She says "Sorry I didnt realize that family and friends would think I was missing. I will keep in touch from now on!"