Author Topic: Christopher Metallic-Missing, Nov. 25th, 2012 Sackville  (Read 28236 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Metallic-Missing, Nov. 25th, 2012 Sackville
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:39 PM »
No sign of missing Mount A student Anyone with any information is asked to contact the RCMP at 1-888-506-RCMP (7267) or N.B. Crime Stoppers online at crimenb.ca or 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). The RCMP is continuing to investigate any tips or leads that come in.http://www.sackvilletribunepost.com/News/2013-02-06/article-3171991/No-sign-of-missing-Mount-A-student/1

SAP

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »
It's too late now however whomever saw Chris 15 kms from Sackville in the wee hours of the morning should have wondered what he was up to and stopped him/helped him. We need to be more responsible for each other imo and when we see someone out of their element ... at least stop and see what frame of mind the person is in and insist/offer help.
Good thoughts and prayers for the family and searchers who continue to search for Chris.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 01:37:32 PM »
I am very suprised the media have not kept updating this missing kid. I have searched for updates , nothing I could find. I pray they at get closure on their missing son.

Rose_Bush

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2013, 10:50:51 AM »
I have a question regarding chris's locations and why he would be wandering so far from where he lived. If he did get "lost" and couldnt find his way home, why didnt he just knock on someones door and asked to call police or taxi etcera or attempts at it?. if it were an "accident" then I would guess that his body could be found easily, thats if he lost his way in the woods, his body should  be found by now. It's just hard for me to believe that he slipped in the river and was washed away, that is such a convientent answer, sorry for being so opininated by this boy has been missing for a year now and he is still not found. how far from the party was he living and what street did he live on? and was the salvation army on the road to his way back to his house? How did he end up 15 kilometers from his place? i still believe foul play is involved but thats just me. RB

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 08:35:31 PM »
http://www.sackvilletribunepost.com/News/2013-07-12/article-3312526/Possible-new-evidence-found-in-missing-student-case,-states-social-media-post/1

Possible new evidence found in missing student case, states social media post

Staff ~ The Sackville Tribune PostPublished on July 12, 2013

SAP

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2014, 12:12:31 AM »
I have a question regarding chris's locations and why he would be wandering so far from where he lived. If he did get "lost" and couldnt find his way home, why didnt he just knock on someones door and asked to call police or taxi etcera or attempts at it?. if it were an "accident" then I would guess that his body could be found easily, thats if he lost his way in the woods, his body should  be found by now. It's just hard for me to believe that he slipped in the river and was washed away, that is such a convientent answer, sorry for being so opininated by this boy has been missing for a year now and he is still not found. how far from the party was he living and what street did he live on? and was the salvation army on the road to his way back to his house? How did he end up 15 kilometers from his place? i still believe foul play is involved but thats just me. RB

None of the stories make sense Rose. If I remember correctly he had left his cell at the party and left with someone else's shoes that were more like slippers and not proper wear for the time of year. I think his friends need to be re-interviewed again, especially the one who saw him heading home and had talked to him. He could have had too much to drink or possibly someone even spiked drinks as a joke and now they are afraid to come clean.

Sackville

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 08:03:23 AM »
Being new to this site and personally familiar with this case and family, I thought you all may be interested in this link. It is a radio interview done with Spencer, Chris's brother, and his mother Mandy. It discusses some details of they were told may have happened that night, and is heartfelt. It will make you cry, but will also fill in some missing details.
Chris has never been found. The sweater incident turned out to be nothing and completely unrelated. This family is strong and are still actively looking.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thesundayedition/anti-terror-bill-bank-pres-on-inequality-growing-old-searching-for-lost-brother-dopamine-1.2945062/answer-back-brother-1.2946442

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »
Thank you for providing the link, Sackville.

While it does seem unlikely that this story will now have a happy ending, I do sincerely hope the family will be able to find some answers and at least a measure of peace.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »
Sackville: Thank you for the link to the cbc radio, with Spencer,( Chris' brother), and their Mom.
It is heartbreaking.
I pray that in time, all will be revealed to this remarkable family. One has to believe and carry hope.
God Bless them.

jb

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 11:24:33 PM »
Thank you for the link Sackville.
It's heart wrenching ... something no family should have to go through. I pray for answers for the family of Chris.

jtmtpleasant

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »
I can't listen to this radio interview for some reason but am really intrigued as to what the family were told what might have happened to Chris that night he disappeared.

From what I know from the case it seems there are a few possibilities: first, he took a detour into the woods and got lost. As one sandal was found near the road but nothing else found after that. Maybe he was attacked my wild animals? Second, he may have been the victim of a hit and run if he was walking along the road. The person who may have hit him could have been intoxicated and didn't want to face charges of vehicular manslaughter. So they dragged him into the woods and buried him which would explain why one sandal was found.

Those are the only theories that I can come up with since the family and volunteers searched the area where the sandal was found many times. Maybe whoever was responsible for his death, if he is indeed dead, went back the next day or a few days or even weeks later and moved his body so it wouldn't be found.

Either way, I truly believe someone knows what happened to him and I hope the memories of what happened haunt him/her/them every second of every day. And I pray they will come forward. I've seen what this has done to Chris's mother and it is just heartbreaking seeing her go through so much pain and torture of not knowing what happened to her beloved Chris.

Prayers to the Metallic family.

BaySailor

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2016, 07:58:56 PM »
I can't listen to this radio interview for some reason but am really intrigued as to what the family were told what might have happened to Chris that night he disappeared.

If you can figure out how to listen to it or borrow another computer I highly recommend it- it's a very poignant and illuminating piece, largely an interview with Christopher's brother who was also attending Mount A at the time. My impression is that though he is uncertain as to what happened to Christopher he thinks it most likely foul play was not part of his death. Christopher was very inebriated that night according to this doc. The family seem to be bright and good folk, and I wish them the best.     

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 10:20:01 PM »
{I could not help but note that so many posters have the same questions, and concerns as to the location of  the discovery of a flip flop outside of town.  It does not add up nor does it make  sense does it.}

The major question.  Re: The rutty road in the bush, with the flip flop being found.

Count me in with other poster's opinions, that 15 km is a long way to walk without proper clothing, being inebriated, and walking in the darkness  in a pair of flip flops does not make sense.

It would have been pitch black outside.  How did he ever find his way there? 

Unless he had xray or superior night vision...(he had left his glasses on the nite table.)  how could he  have found that side- road in the pitch black environment on a cold  November. In addition,  his mother said that the students would never go to that end of town.

I don't think that the flip flop was his. According to the radio interview, the sweater that was located did not belong to Chris. So I question whether  the flip flop was his as well.

Flip Flops were popular, and it's owner may have worn it  on another day and at another time. in that location.
As to someone who claimed to have spotted him in that area, in the dark of nite, how could he even be spotted in that woodsy area?

Sadly, It is all sheer coincidence. in my opinion.

In addition, the partiers said that they put Chris to bed, and when they returned,at 2:30 a.m after bar hopping,  he was gone, leaving his cell phone and his glasses on the nite table.
(via radio interview)

This is the geo of Sackville:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sackville,_New_Brunswick#Geography

It is on the Trantramar River, which empties into Chignecto Bay, a sub-basin of the Bay of Fundy. Sackville is at a low elevation above sea level. Prominent ridges rise above the marshes, namely the Fort Lawrence Ridge, the Aulac Ridge, the Sackville Ridge, and the Memramcook Ridge. Sackville is surrounded by the Tantramar Marshes, a tidal saltmarsh. The marshes are an important stopover for migrating birds. The marsh soil consists of silts deposited by centuries of tidal flooding. Drainage is poor and there are slow-moving meandering rivers, shallow lakes, bogs, and intertidal zones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I am wondering should  he have fallen into a body of water it would have been in Sackville - not 15 kms out of town. How far would Chris have to walk to get to marshlands, or the river?
There appears to be alot of silt in the marshes as well.  as per above wiki geo.

Considering Chris' condition, I don't believe Chris ever left Sackville on that fateful night.

Since foul play is not suspected, how far did he have to walk to get to the river?. If it was a river that swept him away, it would be the one in town, I would think. There is a website called the Sackville River
http://novascotiafishing.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1435-sackville-river/

What can one say to a grieving mother, who goes to the same area to look for him, over and over again?  As the step father said, we must follow any leads that come in.  I would do exactly the same thing. I think that well meaning people gave their interpretation as to what they found, reported it, and while it is the right thing to do, in the end... did not come to anything.

jb
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:44:34 PM by jellybean »