Author Topic: Christopher Metallic-Missing, Nov. 25th, 2012 Sackville  (Read 28234 times)

Lou

• View Profile
Re: Christopher Metallic-Missing, Nov. 25th, 2012 Sackville
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 11:12:20 AM »
Is it just me, or is there a lot of missing people lately in NB?  :-\ I was looking for new information on Chris and found that 2 more people were missing in NB  ???

aymes

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »
I agree that there is alot of missing people lately in New brunswick. Being born and raised here its a bit concerning. I notice there is alot of unsolved murders/ missing people anyways from in the past few years, the reason being is people are afrais to speak up. I have a feeling that people at this party may know more than what they are saying. When I hear "left party without shoes" I hear, kicked out of a party or too drunk and maybe upset to think to put any on.  So much prayers and respect to the family. I cant imagine what they are going through. No disrespect in this post, only speculation, but someone at the party must know something..

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 11:07:13 AM »
I don't necessarily agree that someone at the party knows something. If there was a lot of drinking or other activity going on, it is possible that people were involved in what they were doing and didn't pay any attention. I'm not sure how big a crowd was at this party, but a lot of times there are many people coming and going.

aymes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
Hopefully you are right, its heartwarming that so many people stepped in to search and organize fundraising for the family. I agree that at a house party people may not have notice him leave, but considering the interviews in local papers from close friends, it appears he had a few friends there that night. He did leave his phone at the party however. I hope that he is found soon.

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
I'm not trying to upset anyone but I honestly think he is dead.

Party with drugs and alcohol, cold weather, missing boy....yeah he's not exactly at the neighbors house playing video games if you know what I'm saying.

Either he got drunk and stumbled out into the cold where he died from the elements or someone at that party knows where he is because something happened to him...possible fight or something...

Who knows...

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
Unfortunately Besani, even though that thought is upsetting, it may be a reality. Christopher has been missing for some time now. I feel the likelyhood of him being found safe diminishes with each passing day.

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
Most of the pizza places seem near town unless there is one in that plaza by the lake. If that's the case that was a long walk in flip flops in the cold in the middle of the night. Seems (to me)that a very drunk person would pass out long before that point was reached-if that was the case.
The area where his flip flops were found was just farms and woods when I was a kid and google doesn't show much different, now. Extremely puzzling.
I hope he's found soon and safe.

Lou

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
Family continues search for missing Mount Allison student

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/newbrunswick/family-continues-search-for-missing-mount-allison-studentI know it is sad to think about but I have feelings that this young man has passed before his time. I do still have hope that they will find him, what ever the circumstances.  :'(

benny

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 12:01:45 PM »
Is there an easy way to obtain a map or information of the exact locations where volunteers & police did conduct searches? I'm asking cuz I may go search on my own, however I'd prefer to look in a different area, if possible away from where it's already been search.

benny

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 04:09:48 AM »
Hi twas_brillig. I live not to far from Sackville and I traveled those back wooded area many many times. Actually I enjoy going for walks in the wood with my cam, taking photos of birds & animals.This was the reason I ask the question.

SAP

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
Is there an easy way to obtain a map or information of the exact locations where volunteers & police did conduct searches? I'm asking cuz I may go search on my own, however I'd prefer to look in a different area, if possible away from where it's already been search.

Perhaps talk to police covering the area and tell them your intentions so they are aware you are in the area and why. They would/should be able to give you a definite reply on the places already searched. This would also be good for your safety to have it known you are there.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »

Perhaps talk to police covering the area and tell them your intentions so they are aware you are in the area and why. They would/should be able to give you a definite reply on the places already searched. This would also be good for your safety to have it known you are there.

Hello All,

It has been a little while since I have been on here but I would like to throw what I can into this topic, as I am aware of this case in my SAR side of things I can not speak to specific details however I would like to add in some points to questions raised.

"Benny" While your intentions are likely very good you need to keep in mind that any searching that is going to take place needs to be cleared through the RCMP/Police Dept running the search. As you may not know what they are doing at that point, it is just always safer to know that they wont need to have Canine or Tracking teams in that area after you have been through.

-To those who are shocked about the search being shut down so "soon" with any search there is only so much which can be done to attempt to locate the missing person. Just because a Search is shut down does not mean the RCMP are not still actively following leads, and a search can be resumed at any point when the RCMP/Police have more evidence to go on, or have new tips etc.

-Was it noted in an article that the Subject didnt have their cell phone or is this speculation? I havent read all the articles so maybe I missed where it said that.

**Did anyone have questions which I missed? If I can be of assistance with any questions let me know.

GSAR_Mbr

SAP

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
Thank you GSAR.
Here is the link where it claims Christopher left his cell behind.

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/newbrunswick/search-for-missing-mount-allison-student-suspended

You and your fellow searchers are commendable in the work you do. Just want you to know that you are appreciated here as well as at your work. :)

eta: In that article also it states that police do not want a lot of people in the area. That is understandable, especially if there's a possibility there may be a crime scene.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:38:27 PM by SAP »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »
Parents continue search for missing son Anyone with any information is asked to contact the RCMP at 1-888-506-RCMP (7267) or N.B. Crime Stoppers online at crimenb.ca or 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). The RCMP is continuing to investigate any tips or leads that come in.http://www.sackvilletribunepost.com/News/2013-01-09/article-3153412/Parents-continue-search-for-missing-son/1

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »
Quote from above article:

"During the RCMP search, shoes that were worn by Metallic the night he went missing were found in that same area. And footprints that led searchers to the Tantramar River along that same route were also confirmed to be his."

If he was confused and headed in the wrong direction from his home, and if the footprints were his along that River, he could have easily fallen in and have been swept away.

Rivers do not mix well with people who are confused, or depressed, or in a hurry - this mindset and a river can very often claim victims.

The friend who ran into him around the Salvation Army, was he interviewed? This would have been the last person who definately had contact with him.  Did he make note of something different about Chris?  Was Chris lucid at that time? Did he notice what Chris was wearing - especially shoes?

JB

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:23:26 PM by jellybean »