Author Topic: Christopher Metallic-Missing, Nov. 25th, 2012 Sackville  (Read 28159 times)

Lou

• View Profile
Christopher Metallic-Missing, Nov. 25th, 2012 Sackville
« on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:32 AM »
Search continues for missing 20-year-old man, Sackville, N.B.

Sackville RCMP with assistance from Tri-County Ground Search and Rescue continue to look for Christopher Metallic.

The 20-year-old has been missing since Sunday, November 25, 2012. RCMP have been able to confirm that he was at a house party on Allison Street in Sackville. He may have been at Home Alone Pizza formerly known as A-1 Pizza on Main Street in Sackville but police have yet to confirm that information.

The RCMP helicopter conducted an aerial search around Sackville on Monday. Ground Search and Rescue volunteers continue to search today within the town limits.

Metallic is described as aboriginal, 6 feet tall, 180 lbs, with short dark black hair and wears glasses. He was last seen wearing a shiny bright blue sweater and jeans.

Anyone with any information on Christopher Metallic's whereabouts is asked to contact the RCMP at 1-888-506-RCMP (7267).

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/news-nouvelles/releases-communiques/12-11-27-113944-eng.htm

My prayers are with the family of this young man that he return safely and unharmed.  :(

SAP

Re: Christopher Metallic-Missing, Nov. 25th, 2012 Sackville
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »
I hope he is found safe. Just too many young people going missing from parties.

Lou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »
Search for missing Mount Allison student suspended

The active search for a missing Mount Allison University student was called off on Thursday morning, but the investigation continues, according to the RCMP.

Christopher Metallic, 20, was last seen in Sackville early on Sunday morning, following a party.

RCMP and Tri-County Ground Search and Rescue volunteers had been conducting aerial and ground searches in the town and expanded their search to a wooded area in Upper Sackville on Wednesday.

"We have exhausted that area," said Cpl. Chantal Farrah.

Although somebody had found a pair of shoes there, it's unclear if Metallic had been wearing them, she said.

"We are following any tips that come forward," Farrah stressed.

RCMP have confirmed that Metallic, a third-year student at the university, attended a house party on Allison Street on Saturday night and left without his shoes or his cellphone.

There have been unconfirmed reports he was last seen on Sunday at about 3 a.m. at Home Alone Pizza, formerly known as A-1 Pizza, on Main Street.

Police also received information that a person had been seen walking on the Upper Aboujagne Road in Upper Sackville at about 5:30 a.m. on Sunday.

Metallic, who is from the Listuguj First Nation in Quebec, is described as being aboriginal, six feet tall, 180 pounds, with short dark hair and glasses.

He was last seen wearing a shiny bright blue sweater, jeans and possibly flip flops.

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/newbrunswick/search-for-missing-mount-allison-student-suspended

When they stop looking does that mean they know something else? Why do they call off searches when they haven't found the person who is mising? This young man is still in my prayers.  :(

SAP

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
It doesn't necessarily mean they know something but it sure was a short search. I am unfamiliar with the area so I can't even speculate why they would call off the search so soon.
What sounds strange is that he left the party without shoes and his cell phone. If he was going out for a pizza he would have worn his shoes ... it's wintertime. What teen would leave behind their lifeline, meaning cell phone as they are connected to these things. Also if he was getting pizza for others he would likely have needed his cell to check back in case their fav pizza's were not available.
Like our Edmonton case where a young man left a house party after a brawl leaving necessities behind and never seen again ... what are the partiers not telling police? They need to grill the partiers more.
My thoughts and prayers also for Christopher's safety.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 05:34:42 AM »
The whole things sounds very strange to me as well, SAP.  Not so much that the active search itself has been called off - this may simply mean limited resources with which to go any further if all appears to be exhausted but there are certainly many questions surrounding the disappearance.   I'd be inclined to think that at least one or some of the other partiers may know more than they are letting on.

I hope he may yet be found safe and well.

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
Why would he leave without shoes or his phone?

Drunk, maybe?

Nish

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 08:07:10 AM »
That would be my first thought, Nish.

Lou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »
This was my first thought, when I read that he only had on a hoodie and left his shoes and possibly had flip flops on... He had to be really messed up to leave his phone (in my oppinion no teenager or young person goes without) and shoes when it's this time of year. I agree with talking to the party goers and talk to people who may have been at the pizza store i.e. employees, patrons...  :(

SAP

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »
No host should let anyone leave a party if they are that drunk but if they were all young people, perhaps they were all that drunk then and they probably won't even remember details. So very unfortunate.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
I found this update:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/11/30/nb-metallic-missing-student-shoes.html

Missing Mount Allison student wore shoes found in woods
Family of Christopher Metallic, 20, to make statement on Saturday

CBC News

Posted: Nov 30, 2012 5:55 PM AT

Last Updated: Nov 30, 2012 6:53 PM AT
RCMP have confirmed the shoes found in a wooded area in Upper Sackville earlier this week were worn by a missing Mount Allison University student.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 05:34:22 AM »
A report on CBC Halifax radio this morning said an underwater dive team will begin searching the nearby Tantramar River today.

Sadly, it is not looking good.

Lou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 06:46:45 AM »
A report on CBC Halifax radio this morning said an underwater dive team will begin searching the nearby Tantramar River today.

Sadly, it is not looking good.

Divers suspend search for missing Mount Allison student

Police continued the search Sunday through the day for Christopher Metallic who went missing on Nov. 25 after a house party in Sackville.

The search was suspended when the sun went down. Police said they did not find anything.

Early last week, police found sandals he was wearing near the edge of the Tantramar River.

On Sunday police brought in a scuba diving unit to search the frozen river but conditions proved difficult for crews.

Crews wearing survival suits were out on the ice using chainsaws to cut into the frozen river. An excavator was brought in to clear away as much of the ice as possible so divers could begin the underwater search.

Aerial and ground search crews scoured the area on Saturday but had to call off the search when the sun went down.

Metallic is described as being aboriginal, six feet tall, 180 pounds, with short dark hair. He was last seen wearing a shiny bright blue sweater, jeans and flip flops.

Anyone with information is asked to call RCMP 1-888-506-7267 (RCMP).

Family offers reward

Metallic's parents have posted on Facebook that they are offering a $2,000 reward for help in locating him.

On Sunday afternoon, family and friends held a fundraising campaign at George's Roadhouse in Sackville to raise money to increase the reward. They raised more than $4,500.

The fundraiser was initiated by Metallic's professor, Patricia Kelly Spurles.

Police are asking that the public not become involved in the physical search for Metallic.

They say evidence or clues could be contaminated or lost by inexperienced and unguided searchers

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/newbrunswick/divers-suspend-search-for-missing-mount-allison-student

SAP

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
If the ice was that thick and had to be cut, how could he possibly have fallen through? Godspeed to find Christopher.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »
I went onto his facebook, a few days ago, and the water was beginning to freeze over, and that is why they called off the search. So there may not have been any ice on the water when he went missing, or thin ice at the time.

JB

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 12:45:01 PM »
That is exactly what happened, Jellybean.  The weather had been very mild up until this week - having turned extremely cold suddenly approx a week ago Sunday (and is now back to mild again).