Author Topic: Carroll Cotton | 73 | NS-British Columbian Senior Missing in Mexico Nov. 12 2012  (Read 3902 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Canadian woman missing in Mexico
CBC News Posted: Nov 16, 2012 8:47 PM AT Last Updated: Nov 16, 2012 10:40 PM AT

Carroll Cotton, right, has been missing in Mexico since Nov. 12. (Courtesy of the Cotton family)
A British Columbian woman who now lives in Elmsdale, N.S., has been missing in Mexico since Monday, according to her family.

Carroll Cotton, 73, flew from Halifax to Puerto Vallarta on Monday to meet a friend, Blanca Crane, also of British Columbia. She called a relative in Vernon, B.C., at suppertime that day to say she was alone and the airport was closing.

Her daughter, Ann Cotton, who lives in British Columbia, said her mother checked into her hotel once but then signed out. No one has heard from her since.

"My Mom calls Grandpa daily and he hasn't heard from her since that phone call. Blanca has been staying at a hotel nearby and has been going to the airport to keep looking for Mom and hasn't found her," she said.

Carroll Cotton's family said her disappearance is out of character (Courtesy of family)
Cotton said Crane has posted signs around the city and listed her mother as a missing person with Mexican authorities.

The family has alerted the RCMP in Nova Scotia and the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa.

A spokeswoman with Foreign Affairs said consular services are being offered to the family.

Cotton moved to Nova Scotia after her brother was diagnosed with cancer.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/11/16/ns-missing-woman-mexico-bc.html

leonagleant

• View Profile
An odd story that doesn't quite explain how Cotton missed connecting with her friend she was supposed to be meeting n Mexico. Did they not have a hotel in common to stay at together or were they just to meet at the airport? I hope she turns up soon.

capeheart

• View Profile
Missing woman from B.C. that was meeting up with friends in Mexico. Was she found???? I do not know if there was a thread on here for her or not. I cannot remember her name. She had registered at a hotel and then checked out.  Can you tell me if her case is on here???? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Carroll Cotton is safely back in Canada.

73-year-old woman, thought to be missing in Mexico, back in Nova Scotia http://www.globalnews.ca/73-year-old+woman+thought+to+be+missing+in+mexico+back+in+nova+scotia+daughter/6442755880/story.html

mckenzr

• View Profile
Does anyone know what happened to Carroll Cotton in Mexico and why everyone thought she was missing? Is a story that doesn't add up. Where was the friend? Why did she NOT meet her at airport? Was she not at the same hotel? Why has there NOT been an update? many people followed this story and were horrifies and worried about her. We deserve an update!

jobo

• View Profile
Mckenzr....there has been a few stories in the news lately, that are creating more questions than answers.  You're right, this story doesn't add up; and there was another one in the news this past week, some girl went missing on a trip to California, only to show up again, and had to recoup in hospital.  (Whatever that means)
The Reporters need to bookmark their articles so that when up-dates become available, they print/post it.  We seem to be missing too many up-dates. 
I just had to clarify a post I made earlier this week about an abduction in Ontario.  Apparantly it was a hoax, but I didn't read the up-date on my newsfeed (like I should've), I heard it from a friend.

capeheart

• View Profile
Members, thank you for your update on Carroll Cotton. Yes, these things are not adding up. I mean how could this woman just check out of a hotel and her friends were going to be in that hotel. What's up with that, I don't get it. Are these people looking for attention or what???? I did not see the news where she was found. But in fact, she wasn't missing. Glad she is back home safe and hope she travels with someone in the future. If people are not used to travelling alone, they shouldn't go to a strange country by themselves, it doesn't matter about meeting someone there. I have travelled to Europe twice, but I had my mom with me both times. We had great trips and were meeting my sister at the airport. However, a woman that was with us was supposed to get off when we got off, but she got off at the wrong airport and this was in Germany. We got of the flight and her daughter said, where's mom? We said, OMG, she got of in Stuttgart, but she was supposed to continue with us on to Frankfurt. It was a nightmare for her. Her daugther and husband had to immediately get in their car and go to that airport. Even though they posted messages and had her name over the loudspeaker, she was  so traumatized that she didn't get the message. She never ever travelled a long distance. But finally her daughter and husband found her. A happy ending. But being in a place where nobody speaks English, that would be frightening to tell them what was happening. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
hmmm well I am thinking this woman is an adult, so she doesnt need to report to any one, why would it even enter her head any one was looking for her, she was away on holiday.  Perhaps the arrangements were not solidly confirmed with the friends just a in passing thing.  No I dont think she is looking for attention but rather living her life, just as I do.  I dont report everything I do to my kids, it is none of their business in my opinion. I think people jumped the gun on this and humiliated this poor woman in my opinion.