Author Topic: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 2  (Read 413263 times)

D1

• View Profile
Re: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 2
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »

Gunshot discussion has been modified-
When it was said-
By their own admission, the neighbours heard at least one "gunshot", and did nothing.

We aren't so sure of that, especially in that context.. If you have a different source than we have seen or read, we ask you to provide that. If not we are informing you and any one else reading, that it might not quite be all that true.

We would all like the new thread kept as close to fact as possible. I know you didn't meant to do otherwise and just took what you read somewhere and posted it here. But how do we know you haven't read some new report we haven't seen less we ask?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:43:30 AM by D1 »

joojoo

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 11:02:06 PM »
I think you're probably right, JooJoo... and the wind may have helped it move over slightly, to get under the bush.  It wasn't tucked under terribly far.
The wind may have done it but likely it was pushed there by the movements of the perp trying to carry/drag Sonia down the porch steps. IMO

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 11:52:14 PM »
Tip -
if you type in any term like "gunshot" into the search box at the top of the page, and you place quotation "marks" around the term, all references will be brought up. To get more relevant results, type the term into the search box displayed at the top of the specific thread you wish to search. In this case both Sonia's thread one and the facts page are worth searching..

The "same" works for anything you wish to search for on this site. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:45:20 AM by D1 »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »
There are about four posts and some different takes on the gunshot report. Basis seems to be a report called in the day before, not the day Sonia went missing. Then that was picked up by another poster and repeated more as fact. Then JB researched it and said there was no report for the same day... dicussion continued but nothing other than the one neighbour thought a shot ws heard. Another neighbour saying wrong day.. So unless you want to go for a drive, chat with neighbors, do a little building inspection while you are there, we don't have anything new to go on.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:46:17 AM by D1 »

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 12:31:04 AM »
"Her mother, Michele Varaschin, said her daughter is single and has no children."

taken from:  http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/854763--missing-woman-may-be-linked-to-bloody-crime-scene

I'm not much the marrying kind.  I don't much care for titles, either.  Did Michele Varaschin mean to imply that Sonia had no boyfriend, or just that she was unmarried?

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 12:51:37 AM »
This report clearly represents that there was "spatter" in Sonia's car.  Spatter is consistent with flying blood, ie, cast-off from a fist or weapon, spurting from an arterial wound, etc.

http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2010-09-02/Front_Page/Foul_play_seen_in_nurses_disappearance.html

Unless in the case of a rage-filled overkill, how could this not indicate that Sonia was alive in the car for part of the attack, whether pre or post townhouse?

Matty_46

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 02:13:48 AM »
Maybe she was still alive. What if the killer moved her because he thought she was dead, so he wraps her up in the bedding and puts her in the trunk, maybe he gets to the dump site and opens the trunk to find shes clinging to life and he has to finish the job. So he dumps her, and starts driving back. It would be helpful to know where the "spatter" was located, in the trunk or the cabin of the car. I dont think Ive seen anything that shows she was anywhere but the trunk after being removed from the townhouse, and with the killer likely in a hurry disposed of her very shortly after putting her in the trunk in the first place it just dont make sense she was in the actual car. If its true that she was only in the trunk and the killer the only one in the car, and there is in fact blood spatter in the cabin, maybe the driver was angry or panicked and was punching the steering wheel in frustration. It was said the individual would have been covered in blood after the initial attack at the house, maybe he was soaked in blood, especially around the sleeves and was pounding the wheel or dash.

Police said early when it was a disappearance that its possible she did not survive the initial attack, but if very shortly after the attack he packs her and leaves right away, it looks to be a 15-20 minute drive to the dump site, it is possible she was hanging on to dear life. I could see it.

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 02:15:57 AM »
Where is the pillow that we assume the pillow case was covering?  Yes grab the sheets off bed; but pillow case fall off pillow on its own?  Mine are a little too dryer shrunk to slip off on their own accord. 
Maybe crime started outdoors and continued into house.

The article says body parts, where did that come from?  It clearly says spatter at least twice.

Couldn't a block heater cord easily slip under the garage door cracked open a tad? 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:29:49 AM by discus »

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 02:54:29 AM »
Discus,
That's a fine point.  How did that pillowcase come free of it's pillow?  Could it have been placed over Sonia's head to ease the killer's remorse?  If so, was it pre or post-mortem?

The article does say body parts.  Some say that it was a poor choice of wording by a police officer, and not meaning to imply that there is evidence of dismemberment.  Also, after that amount of time, it is possible that animals could have separated the body.  If it was just a poor turn of phrase... how poor indeed!

SAP

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 03:05:06 AM »
Could that dark rectangular object be an intercom monitoring system? The back of the garage cannot be viewed from the house it seems, the way the garage is set out and some people do have intercoms where they don't have a visual. The reason for not being centered would be because the wires/chains etc run along the middle up and down inside, with some types of automatic garage door openers.

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 03:15:44 AM »
It's possible, SAP, but I'm not sure it's likely. 

An intercom posted there may or may not have clearance when the door is raised or lowered.  I can't think of what purpose an intercom attached to a garage door would serve.  The other black blob on the wall in the landing would be more likely to be an intercom, but somehow it's placement doesn't seem right, either.

SAP

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 05:20:38 AM »
Danny, on second thought, I agree. Intercoms are mounted on solid fixtures, not movable.

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 05:32:06 AM »
The intercomm would be situated closer to the opening of the door.   Notice the blood on the step is all on the right side.   The blood on the pillow case is most saturated in one area.

joojoo

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »
Where is the pillow that we assume the pillow case was covering?  Yes grab the sheets off bed; but pillow case fall off pillow on its own?  Mine are a little too dryer shrunk to slip off on their own accord. 
Maybe crime started outdoors and continued into house.

The article says body parts, where did that come from?  It clearly says spatter at least twice.

Couldn't a block heater cord easily slip under the garage door cracked open a tad?

Thanks discus......the pillowcase could possibly have been removed during a struggle which we are not sure of and is one theory.  Regarding the block heater-some people do not like to have the electical cord sitting on the ground as when it snows they can't locate it and they don't want to have moisture near electricity so they will make an adaptation. However we (posters) do not know what that black mark on the garage door is at this time.   
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:56:47 PM by joojoo »

joojoo

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 09:48:13 AM »
After looking at the maps---I am wondering if the perp removed Sonia's body because he wanted a time lapse between her missing and then the confirmed murder?  If he had met her at a pub/restaurant in the afternoon or evening his car would have been noted possibly by others---but if a week had lapsed the public would not easily recall which day they saw which car. Also staff at a pub/restaurant would have the same recall difficulty. Was Greenhawk opened on the Sunday? If not parking around there by the perp with his car would have gone less noticed too. The more I follow this crime---the more I think the perp may have murdered in anger/passion but had the mind later to plan things to cover his tracks. imo