Author Topic: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 2  (Read 405942 times)

discus

• View Profile
Re: Sonia Varaschin | 42 | Orangeville | Murder | August 29, 2010 | Part 2
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 07:33:37 PM »
Running your engine with the entire door open will allow fumes to seep in.  Sonia,  being a nurse would likely not have done that.    The fact the house was painted and rug replaced makes me think blunt force trauma - thoughts?

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 07:42:40 PM »
There is no indication, evidence wise anything happened outside. The Police claim an intruder to the inside. The scene you would have to make outside during the threat stage would be likely to, would have to be considered as likely to cause a call to Police. If you show up with intent to threaten, you act out, if you show up intent on more, you sneak silently in. imo. If you have the wherewithall you separate the threat from the act to lessen risk

Anyway we do not have enough evidence either way imo. its one of those things.
Maybe there was a fan or vent installed on the door as a safety for air ventilation at one time? Cheap door piece fell out long ago? Pre Sonia's living there. I am sure someone knows the answer to this so does not warrant guessing or going too far out on a limb on that principle. Its a maybe either way til confirmed..  imo
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:59:03 PM by D1 »

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »
Looking at the house picture, there is something black on the brick wall right of the door.  What could that be? 

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »
D1:
"There is no indication, evidence wise anything happened outside."

There is what appears to be a hole in the garage door, shortly after the crime was found.  There is blood stained in various areas.  There is a bloody pillowcase that couldn't have been merely dropped, by it's location.  There is what appears to be a green mug on the landing.  There are tire marks in loose asphalt.

If you have any evidence that we can ponder about the inside of the home, I've missed it.

"The scene you would have to make outside during the threat stage would be likely to, would have to be considered as likely to cause a call to Police."

By their own admission, the neighbours heard fighting and tires squealing, and did nothing.

"Maybe there was a fan or vent installed on the door as a safety for air ventilation at one time? Cheap door piece fell out long ago?"

I've never seen any product marketed for a garage door, with the exception of maybe a peep-hole.  I've also never seen a garage door made up of pieces, but large panels.

"I am sure someone knows the answer to this so does not warrant guessing or going too far out on a limb on that principle. Its a maybe either way til confirmed."

Someone knows the answer to a lot of things.  The point of this discussion is to know more, to hypothesize about what could have happened, and to force more investigation into the crime.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:56:58 AM by Dannybam »

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »
Good find, Discus,

I don't know have a clue what that is.  It sure isn't a hole... hahaha.  Maybe LE have some kind of covering that they place over evidence?

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 08:41:16 PM »
Each black mark is at what distance from ground level?  5 ft approx garage door?  5 ft approx from first step?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:44:24 PM by discus »

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 08:47:28 PM »
The majority of garage doors are 7 feet high.  This black mark is just higher than the midpoint, which would make it a little over 3 1/2 feet.  If this is an 8 foot door, which are becoming more available, the mark is a little more than 4 feet high.

Sonia was 5'1", if memory serves.

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »
I think she was 5 1.  Very unpleasant thoughts but possible angled down a bit.

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 09:24:55 PM »
D1,
Through discussion and analysis, I think we've come to suspect that whatever the black blob on the garage door is, is likely to be the same as the black blob on the wall inside the landing.  Very unlikely to be a hole, but likely to be a part of the crime.

What you're describing is confirmation bias.  I'm familiar with it, and not displaying it, here.

Pillowcases do belong on beds.  Bloody pillowcases belong on bloody beds.  This particular bloody pillowcase happened to be somewhat under the bush.  Whether it was kicked there as a hasty means of "tidying" the murder scene, somehow it was pushed over by a blanket that was being dragged or it was swept over by the wind, we don't know yet.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:57:52 AM by Dannybam »

joojoo

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »
Wondering about the gun shot sound people had heard?  Could it possibly be a backfire from a car?
The garage door mark/hole could it be a hole that was used for a block heater cord into the garage?
Just thinking here.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:44:48 AM by joojoo »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »
from D1:
The gunshot on the other hand was a strange thing to have been reported. Especially since we do not even know if a gun was involved. At one time we were inquiring but could not find anything on how far away the shot seemed, in what sequence with the tires and scream or anything else. Seemed an isolated little thing stuck in with little else. Would still like to know more about that. Do you have a report or the original words to refer to? Did someone say they heard or thought they may have heard?

from Dannybam:
We have a timeline thread, complete with sources cited... I'm sure it's in there.

IMO when a statement like this is made, one should include a quote or link to the article it was taken from. Too important to allow the conversation to take on a direction that may lead the thread astray. The way something is worded is very important.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:56:46 PM by debbiec »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »
There are possibilities but this is not a new building nor was Sonia the original owner. Not everything seen can be ascribed as belonging to the events and time we are looking at.

Very unlikely to be a hole, but likely to be a part of the crime.

in your opinion that is, we usually state that to avoid this sort of thing and prevent it being taken more as fact than it is by the next party reading here.

And we respond in context. You were making the case for some sort of confrontation happening outdoors and cited the cup and various items found outside to support the theory. I was responding to that point nothing else.

Db
reply 19

D1:
db-
There is what appears to be a hole in the garage door, shortly after the crime was found.  There is blood stained in various areas.  There is a bloody pillowcase that couldn't have been merely dropped, by it's location.  There is what appears to be a green mug on the landing.  There are tire marks in loose asphalt.

If you have any evidence that we can ponder about the inside of the home, I've missed it.

I responded with the pillowcase being among the items found outside belonging indoors. Not outdoors. The pillowcase  being the blood covered item, more likely (imo) to have been brought with the blood from in doors.

you responded Db-

Pillowcases do belong on beds.  Bloody pillowcases belong on bloody beds.  This particular bloody pillowcase happened to be somewhat under the bush.  Whether it was kicked there as a hasty means of "tidying" the murder scene, somehow it was pushed over by a blanket that was being dragged or it was swept over by the wind, we don't know yet.

We know the brunt of the blood, the heavy volume spoken of by LE was found indoors. The evidence is the attack took place indoors, evidence from inside, pillow case and blankets, both bloody were all brought outside with blood, not the other way around. Therfore, back to original context of comment-

Db
reply 19

D1:

If you have any evidence that we can ponder about the inside of the home, I've missed it.[/quote]

No you didn't. Just looking at the same thing in different ways.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:40:02 AM by D1 »

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »
D1,

I haven't ascribed the black marks as definitively belonging to the crime.  I said they are likely to be part of the crime... and they are.

I was making the case for some kind of unknown activity outside.  I hypothesized a confrontation outside could have happened and attempted to support that hypothesis.  Yes.

My only observation about the pillowcase is that it was found under the bush, and that it couldn't have been dropped to have landed there. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:58:38 AM by Dannybam »

joojoo

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 10:38:04 PM »
Everyone---regarding the pillowcase my thought is that it was probably picked up with the rest of the bedding and the body and it fell out as the perp carried Sonia out to the car. The perp probably didn't notice it as he was too concerned about what he was doing and getting away without detection. IMO

Dannybam

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »
I think you're probably right, JooJoo... and the wind may have helped it move over slightly, to get under the bush.  It wasn't tucked under terribly far.