Author Topic: Bobby Jack Fowler-- HOT Killer Identified  (Read 24519 times)

D1

• View Profile
Re: Bobby Jack Fowler-- HOT Killer Identified
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
The killings along BC highway of tears began in 1969 near the same time when the texas man Bobby Fowler got off two murder charges back in Texas. DNA from Colleen MacMillan shows he was in BC at least as early as 1973.

A little more info on the man who supposedly falsely confessed to Colleen's murder back at the time is revealed in an old news report. Very strange stuff!
from-
http://www2.canada.com/nanaimodailynews/news/story.html?id=2334742

At one point, a man in prison in Washington state confessed to committing the murder, but he later changed his story and committed suicide, leading police to conclude it was a bogus confession.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »
Among the case histories in the above article is one very old case with the following notations.

re: Levina Moody

In Williams Lake that Saturday night, Dave and Levina went drinking in the Lakeview, Maple Leaf and Ranch Hotel beer parlours.

When Dave returned to his hotel room, he thought Levina was right behind him. "I don't know what happened after that," he said.

The next morning, her body was found by two hunters on a cattle trail about 10 km west of Williams Lake.

Levina had been beaten, sexually assaulted, and bled to death from her injuries. She was found nude, her clothes discarded nearby.

Although there were rampant rumours in Williams Lake about who committed the murder, it remained unsolved. In 1998 a police officer visited the family to say the three main suspects in the case were now dead.

In 2007, the Moodys were told Levina was being added to the Highway of Tears list. The development has left her relatives hopeful.

The circumstance behind this murder is very similar the MO attributed to Fowler.

The same MO has been noted in the disappearance of the entire Jack family. Last seen at a drinking establishment in Prince Gearge where Fowler was known to frequent. 

How long has Fowler been on the radar without anyone being aware?

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
I am going to read this thread... haven't really read it before from start to finish.  What got me interested is the fact that I recently joined a group from Ontario who search for missing people from "unsolved cases".  While I was browsing all the Canadian cases... I started with BC.... well it didn't take me long to get off track.  I found the material/s on Bobby Jack Fowler.  It is too bad that he is spread over several threads.  What caught my eye most is one picture... of three beautiful young woman each went missing in the 70's.... Bobby Jack Fowler became the main suspect etc. etc.  But where did he start killing and when did he start killing.  So far I'm beginning to think (from what I read elsewhere) that he was born to kill and lived to kill ... all his miserable life. 

As I said, it is this one picture that interests me - actually shocks me... as though he may have been, in his sick mind, targeting one girl each time he murdered the others ... , (and I'll be Lee Mellor wrote about this; I haven't read his book yet on Cold North Killers, nor have I read the book/s written south of the border on Bobby Jack, but any profiler would pick up on this imo.  and I'm reading to find out if anybody did just that)
.... when I viewed this picture the first time, I actually looked without reading the small captions below, and quickly thought it was three different poses of one and the same girl ... omg.... is it just me or does anyone else see that this lunatic, Bobby Jack must have had a preference for a particular "look" or "appearance" in a young girl?

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/20120926/KAMLOOPS0101/120929885/0/kamloops01

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 07:29:05 PM »
When I did a search here for Bobby Jack Fowler, I soon ended up all over the place ..as he is in several different threads.  This is what the search brings up:
http://www.250news.com/blog/ ......

...well at least if one is reading here, they have the other links from this particular "comment".... but I think it would be helpful if, in these situations of multiple threads having tons of info. on one subject, it would be helpful if the other threads were listed at the beginning or end (either/or) of such a topic thread... jmo  ;)

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 11:23:59 PM »
Yes the info is scattered about, even here too on the main thread.
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=6351.15

And you are totally correct about the look of those girls Lost and seems two of those girls were acquainted with each other. All white and he is being presented as a possible HOT serial killer where most of the girls were native. hmm I'd say look for more of the same and note the disguise he employed in the thread link above.

auburn1159

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
I have only sparingly looked at the other posts - but was curious if any of Bobby Fowler's family members were interviewed to try and gain some glimpse into this Man's Mode of Operation and his movements.  If you read the letters that Mr Fowler wrote to various Judges etc requesting legal assistance - he occasionally mentioned a wife and family .....

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 09:51:24 PM »
Appears by the latest news article that they have found and questioned everyone who knew Fowler. Nothing more seems to have come of it.  I am convinced Fowler is responsible for Gale Weys murder as well Pam Darlington but I am also convined there is way more that hasn't been linked. I think they need to show Fowler with hair dyed blond to jog any more memories.
news update
http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/99232/Tips-run-dry-on-Highway-of-Tears

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »
good idea D1 .... although the man was such a dirt bag, I can't see him going to the trouble of dying his hair.  ... wonder if a girlfriend or ex-wife did that for him?  maybe he started out with sun bleached brown?  we all look different with short hair... long hair and variations of color added to hair.  He was so cocky; as though he felt untouchable/uncatchable! ..... it would seem more likely that a woman might color his hair for him ....for some reason that would escape a normal woman.  You would think by now, more of his ex's and victims of his abuse would be talking.... guessing he teamed up with rougher types like himself, who eventually if they "survived his company" were happy just to forget they ever knew him.  :-\

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2013, 09:14:49 AM »
I know there are people out there who know a whole lot more about Fowler than we are at least being told. The company that employed him would know things. They were supposedly on a job in or around Clearwater at the time of Gale Weys disappearance. Even the last known sighting of Pam Darlington placed her in the company of a blond haired man. That was only a couple of weeks after Gale Weys disappeared. Witnesses would have identified a dark haired man in Gale's disappearance. I believe Fowler was using the hair color as a disguise at times when he knew had been spotted in a compromising situation. Likely did it himself too. imo

We are just beginning to learn how many of these US serial killers there were frequenting the Pacific NW. Most had been incarcerated in the US before travelling north. Seems the word of easy prey north of the border had been passed around. Not many of those who would associate with these types would ever talk.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »
This article at the link below is one of the more extensive I've read on the subject of Bobby Jack Fowler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jack_Fowler

Below:

Fowler's booking photo in Lincoln County, Oregon, 1995

Born (1939-06-12)June 12, 1939
Texas
Died May 15, 2006(2006-05-15) (aged 66)
Salem, Oregon, US
Cause of death Lung cancer
Criminal penalty 16 Years, 3 Months with the possibility of parole 

Killings

wellwell

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 01:08:24 PM »
I looked up the 1977 Dodge Durango.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Monaco

Could this be the make and model of car used by Kelly Cook's killer?

He used a rope. He hung out in bars and motels.

I don't know if he would have planned the way Kelly's killer planned. Kelly was not a hitchhiker. However, he did have it in for certain "types". Was he ever in Alberta, working for cash?