Author Topic: Lorry Santos, murdered: Sept 13/12: Saskatoon  (Read 17339 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Lorry Santos, murdered: Sept 13/12: Saskatoon
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
Wow that is pretty sad when a young mother in her own home, minding her own business is shot and killed. A miracle that more of the family was not hit as well. Hope they get this sick person quickly. So very sad.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
It has to be mistaken identity.  How tragic.\\jb

SAP

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »
That's what the family say as well since they have no enemies. If this was a "hit" and the wrong house targeted ... means there could be another attack somewhere ...

So very tragic. Lorry was still on pregnancy leave from work.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
May her family have justice.  Lorry will never have the opportunity to watch her infant child grow.
My sincere condolences to the Santos family.
jb
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:34:04 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »
How tragic that Lorry's life was cut so short. She leaves four children. Her youngest, only months old, will not even remember her. I hope there will be justice for Lorry and for her family.

RIP Lorry.

SAP

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 03:52:25 AM »
Sometimes some of these "heard" things have been around the block ... someone thinks it and the next person knows it and so on. If it is true, then the girl will have enough grief on her hands to add to the grief of losing her mom to violence. I hope that rumors die down ... the teens and younger siblings as well as family, have enough anguish to deal with. We don't need to know all those details ... I believe that police will deal with it quietly.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/09/13/sk-saskatoon-homicide-victim-identified-1209.html

On the left hand side, under Lorry's big picture there is a video and below that a voice link. A close friend of the family tells a bit more info than we knew before.
Lorry's husband was just getting ready for work and in the BR. A knock/ring came at their door. Lorry first went to the bedroom window (apparently to look down to see who was there) and that is when she was shot through the window.
Their oldest could not be more than age 16. This is so tragic!
I think police are likely on the right trail, regarding what they have said.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:27:08 AM by SAP »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »
Those that shot her and were observed leaving the scene, by the description tells me that they were adults.

I wonder who lived in that home before they moved in? 

Wonder as to the  address posted on their home outside, if it was it clear for all passerbys to see?
(Personally, I think these idiots got the wrong house).

This family had every right to live a life of safety and security. 
To work, to raise their children to live  with peace and harmony.

That has been taken away from them, with a bullet!

JB

JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
Lorry was only 34 I dont believe it is possible for her to have teens old enough, or old enough to be targets she is only 34 after all, who targets young teens or younge mothers for that matter.

zz454

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »
Man arrested, charged in Lorry Anne Santos killing

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/12/03/sk-charge-santos-121203.html

"A 22-year-old man has appeared in court, in Saskatoon, on a charge of first-degree murder, in relation to the shooting death in September of Lorry Anne Santos.

The 34-year-old mother of four died after suffering a gunshot wound in her home around 6:20 a.m. Sept. 12.

There has been no reported motive for the killing.

Around the time of the shooting, police said they believed one or more people were outside firing shots into the house.

Bullets went through the wall and windows of the home at 203 Peterson Terrace on the city's west side.

Saskatoon police issued a news release Monday, inviting media outlets to learn more about their investigation into the death of Santos at an event set for Tuesday morning.

CBC News contacted family members on Monday who said they were aware of the charge, but declined to comment further.

Kyle Darren Halbauer, originally from Lloydminster, made his first court appearance today on a charge of first-degree murder. He'll be back in court Jan. 15, 2013.

According to information on the case, from the court, Halbauer was charged Dec. 1. The court record also shows that Halbauer was also charged, one week earlier, with possession of cocaine for the purposes of trafficking."

zz454

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:11:51 PM by debbiec »

SAP

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »
Thank you.

We can only hope that justice department slaps everything they possibly can on these heinous murderers and keeps them out of circulation for a very long time, to protect others. Nothing will bring back Lorry to her family. This has been tragic for a loving family.

I really have no qualms with gangsters doing each other in and others in that lifestyle but when it comes to innocent people, it's a different ball park. They got the wrong house ... so that means that their comrades can still be active after the 'right' target.

RIP Lorry. May your family eventually find peace.

SAP

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 02:11:23 PM »
According to Global Edmonton Facebook, these guys all belonged to the Whiteboy Posse gang from Edmonton. Taxpayers, here's another expenditure. Where were their parents in their formative years?