Author Topic: Jim Vanderfluit still Missing  (Read 1946 times)

peekaboo

• View Profile
Jim Vanderfluit still Missing
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:01:28 AM »
My uncle Jim Vanderfluit went missing off the Nashwaak River in Marysville back in Oct 2009.  We still haven't located any remains.  If anyone has any info or heard of remains that washed up please let me know. I also would like to know how to contact the ones in Grand Manan, To find out if the remains there have ever been identified. Or how to find out if there is any Jon Does out there in the past few years and how to find out if they could be Jim.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Vanderfluit still Missing
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
Fredericton family abandons search for body of missing kayaker

Jim Vanderfluit, 50, last seen in October 2009Exhaustive search

In 2009, York-Sunbury Search and Rescue, the police dive team and volunteer kayakers searched almost five kilometres of shoreline along the Nashwaak River.

The Fredericton Police and Oromocto fire boats also combed the islands and banks of the St. John River, while a helicopter searched overhead.

All the search crews found at the time was the lock and key Vanderfluit used to secure his kayak to his dock.

The search was called off the following night, hampered by heavy rains that had increased the river levels and the murkiness of the water.

It resumed Oct. 21 after another kayaker found Vanderfluit's kayak, but his body was never found.

Vanderfluit, a roofer, was "loved by everybody," Carolyn Flanagan had said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/08/24/nb-vanderfluit-kayaker-fredericton-body.html

click to enlarge