Author Topic: To Serve and Protect show  (Read 13938 times)

twisten

• View Profile
To Serve and Protect show
« on: August 07, 2007, 02:37:39 PM »
I was just watching an episode of this show where an Edmonton City Police Officer is talking with a girl named Tracy and she tells him of an incident that had happened to her the day before.  She says she had a bad date with a guy driving a newer black Chevy truck with a blue stripe and a white camper in the box with an orange stripe.  She tells the officer that he had taken her out to Sherwood Park against her wishes and assaulted and cut her but that she got away.  He asked her if she had reported it to vice and she said she had reported it to the RCMP in Sherwood Park.  He then tells her to phone vice on Monday to report the incident to them.  I'm not sure when this episode was taped but the officer mentions the investigation in Vancouver of a serial killer tartgeting prostitutes but mentions nothing of the Edmonton one.  Has anyone else saw this episode or familiar with this truck??

CraftyGal

• Remember adopt-Don't Shop!
    • View Profile
Re: To Serve and Protect show
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 02:40:32 PM »
I am going to have to see if this is played again.  Is this on the Mystery channel?

Crafty

twisten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »
Hi Crafty, no it was on MENTV, channel 629 on the Bell dish at 2:00 this afternoon.

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »
Okay.  I am going to record the episode at 7:00 on mystery.  Hopefully it is the same one.

Crafty

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 03:28:28 PM »
I'll watch too. also to see when it was filmed, it will be at the end of the show in the credits.

twisten

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »
Good idea to tape it and see if it's the same one.  Chris, I never thought to wait until the end of the program.  As soon as that part was over I came right to the computer.  I don't mean to come across as racist by what I'm going to say next but the officer was speaking with the girl in front of what appeared to be a Chinese, Japanese or similar language type restaurant by the symbols displayed in the window.  I don't know how to tell them apart but again am not trying to be racist.  The officer never got out of his car while speaking with her.

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »
I will be on the lookout for it.

crafty

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 07:58:27 PM »
I watched the episode on Mystery Channel.  There was nothing about Edmonton on it, it was all BC.  I will be keeping an eye on this show for the next while to see if I can catch this episode.

Crafty

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 12:57:30 AM »
A lot of them are really old, late 90's even. I have seen episodes that I remember seeing back in 1999 for sure. Plus if you look at some of the cars and hairstyles, you can see they are not recent. I am not even sure if they make new episodes anymore?

OK I found it on wikipedia, I guess they do still make shows:
To Serve And Protect is a Canadian documentary television series which airs on A-Channel, SUN TV, and Mystery TV It is very similar to the American series COPS. The show documents the day-to-day events of Police Officers in Canadian cities such as Vancouver, Edmonton and Winnipeg as well as several RCMP detachments in British Columbia. In addition there are some episodes featuring trips to Las Vegas, Hong Kong, and Memphis, Tennessee. The program began in 1993 on KVOS and is still running today.

The show originally began in Vancouver, but was taken off the air for several years, focussing on other police departments. In 2005, the show returned to the VPD, and many new episodes from Vancouver and Edmonton are currently airing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_and_Protect

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 08:57:34 AM »
I am going to watch it again at 10 am here.  I have not seen it on video or DVD, so I am not sure if it has been released.

Crafty

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »
Again there was nothing.  I will watch again tomorrow.

Crafty

twisten

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 09:26:33 AM »
I've been trying to catch this episode again too but have been unable too.  I did get the feeling it was an older episode though because neither Kare nor the Edmonton SK were mentioned at all.

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 09:28:08 AM »
I am wondering if it is dated around 1998-99.  Because of the mentioning of the Vancouver killer.

Crafty

twisten

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 09:36:13 AM »
Maybe Crafty.  Another thing the officer said was that while he didn't think Vancouver Police had done any thing wrong in their investigation, they didn't want the same situation between the city police and RCMP in Vancouver happening in Edmonton.  That was the reason he gave for wanting the girl to contact the vice department as well.  The name of no suspect at all in the Vancouver case was mentioned.

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 09:55:30 AM »
Interesting comment to make.  Especially because we are dealing with EPS and RCMP.  I can't remember when Rossmo was let go, this is significant as their had never been mention of a serial killer until Rossmo and his concerns were dismissed.  We seem to be having the same issues here with EPS and RCMP. 

Crafty
(Don't mind me...I am a bit foggy as I have a cold and took some meds for it)