Author Topic: Patricia Ann Rice (Body Found) July 25, 2012  (Read 11679 times)

EastCoastGirl

Patricia Ann Rice (Body Found) July 25, 2012
« on: July 27, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »
http://www.vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?mn=2&id=25268&latest=1

Police continue to investigate the death of 53-year-old Patricia Ann Rice. RNC have confirmed the remains of a body discovered on Wednesday in Paradise are those of Rice, and her death is considered suspicious at this time. The woman was reported missing earlier this week, and her body was found in a grassy field on Topsail Road near the overpass around 4:00 pm on July 25.

Police and forensics are maintaining a presence at the scene, and have been joined by the Rovers Ground Search and Rescue units. The area remains cordoned off. Police are asking anyone who has information pertaining to the case, or who may have been witness to something related to the incident, to contact them or Crime Stoppers.

EastCoastGirl

Re: Patricia Ann Rice (Body Found) July 25, 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:31:33 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2012/07/28/nl-728-suspicious-death-paradise-reaction.html

The suspicious death of Patricia Anne Rice, 53, of Paradise was a sad shock for one of her neighbours.

Police recovered Rice's body on Wednesday evening in a field near Topsail Road. She had last been seen in the parking lot of a nearby Tim Horton's early on Tuesday morning.

Boyd Walters had been living four doors down the street from Rice and her boyfriend on Cedar Drive for the past nine years.
Boyd Walters was Rice's neighbour. Boyd Walters was Rice's neighbour. (CBC)

He said while he didn't know Rice very well, he did speak to her boyfriend George on occasion.

"I knew her boyfriend, you know, to say hello, and good day and carry him back and forth to the store," said Walters. "He seemed pretty nice. Never see Patricia a lot around, but you used to see George out a lot."

Walters said he spoke with George after Rice's body had been recovered.

"He didn't say too much, he just said he didn't know what happened that night, you know?" said Walters. "She just disappeared from the parking lot and other than that he didn't know until they found her the next day."
Investigation at the scene continues

Since the discovery of Rice's body, the RNC's Major Crime Unit, Simon Avis, the province's chief medical examiner, and members of the Rovers Ground Search and Rescue team have been combing the area in an effort to find out what happened to Rice.

The RNC said it won't release more information until they get the results of Rice's autopsy.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

jellybean

• View Profile

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 07:42:48 AM »
I watch a lot of shows on crimes and one thing that stands out to me (with this audio interview too) is that these guys never seem to wonder WHO did it.   They sit there and they answer questions...but they never ask questions.

Fortunately for me and my family, I have never dealt with the Police for much, just a few thefts....and never dealt with the Press....but I would be asking questions as well.  I would want to know who,what,why,when,how and where.

Boyfriend says he went back and forth looking for Patricia (after going out at 3 in the morning for smokes).....at that point in the conversation, if it was me, I would be saying that there must have been some creep lying in wait for my girlfriend....there HAS to be someone out there that knows something, saw, heard something....that is what I would be saying if I was an innocent victim.   I Never hear these guys talking that way....why aren't they?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
Jobo, you are right.  He didn't ask any questions did he?

(He was talking to a reporter or show host though.)  Yet, he seemed so acccepting of it all. (her being murdered).
Not once did he ask, "I wonder who could ever do such a thing?"

jb

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 11:53:15 AM »
In Oct. police called off the homicide investigation. I think I heard she died of natural causes. Couldn't find confimation.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
http://www.inmemoriam.ca/view-announcement-310491-patricia-anne-monica-rice-nee-squires.html

Patricia Anne Monica Rice (nee Squires)
 Passed on: July 24th, 2012

Passed away suddenly, Patricia Rice, aged 53 years. Leaving to mourn, her children: Joseph Rice and Jackie Rice (Robert Williams); grandson Robert Puddicombe; siblings: Sharon Squires, Betty Drover, Kevin Squires and Carmelita Lawlor; special friend, George Carberry, as well as many nieces and nephews and a large circle of other relatives and friends. Visitation and service will take place from Carnell's Funeral Home, 329 Freshwater Road, times to be announced at a later date. Flowers gratefully accepted or a donation in Patricia's memory may be made to the charity of one's choice. To send a message of condolence or to sign the memorial guest book, please visit www.carnells.com.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »
Anilee:  Thank you for your post, and the link.  I wonder why the police would add "if you know anything about this incident to call police or crime-stoppers"  This statement does not help by way of announcing that it was a sudden death - non homicide.   ???
It gves the impression that they are not too sure.

JB