Author Topic: Chantal Kanezacek | 18 | Missing Barrie | July 14, 2012  (Read 11019 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Chantal Kanezacek | 18 | Missing Barrie | July 14, 2012
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:10:18 PM »
Chantal is quite pretty. Young. Her parents must be very worried. They are looking for a man named "Dion"?

http://www.simcoe.com/news/police/article/1403036--missing-barrie-girl-seen-in-sturgeon-falls

soccermom

Re: Chantal Kanezacek | 18 | Missing Barrie | July 14, 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Thanks for posting this, Concerned; I hadn't heard this young woman is missing. It's URGENT that we keep an eye out for Chantal!

soccermom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
any updates? I can't find any good news yet on Chantal. I am praying that she is safe.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »
After reading that article, I wonder if this Dion guy took Chantal back out west, where he came from (supposedly).  If the last info to her whereabouts was Sturgeon Falls, well that is on the TransCanada Highway....

What is an alternative model?

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
Re: Chantal Kanezacek | 18 | Missing Barrie | July 14, 2012 - CONTACT
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »
Chantal made contact with her ex boyfriend on July 27th

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »
Was her ex bf sure that it was her?  Was it via cell phone?  (hopefully it was) or by tweets, etc.
Did he hear her voice?

I hope that she is alright and returns safely home.  The first part of this thread had "Melissa Dawn Peacock overtones".
JMO

No news as yet...  Barrie police reported Chantal and the man were seen on the Duckworth Street on-ramp to Highway 400 July 1.
Since then, Nasekapow (her mother) has had various texts from her daughter, including one July 6 or 7 that said “Mom help me, if you don't get me out of here, I'll get killed.”

article in newspaper from last Friday, July 27
http://www.simcoe.com/news/article/1418762--barrie-mom-fears-for-missing-daughter

JB

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

I have so far, been unable to verify anything in regard to the fact that Chantal has contacted her ex boyfriend. I will leave this thread up. 

I'm a bit curious as to why Chantal would have contacted her ex boyfriend rather than her mother. She had been in touch with her mother previously. She would have known that her mother would be very worried after some of the messages that she had (apparently) sent. Everything I've read states that all messages were by text. That means that no one, at least that we are aware of, has heard her voice since she left.

SAP

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/featheralert/posts/308858085877576

Barrie police site has no update of any contact.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 04:51:51 PM »
Thank you debbiec and SAP.  Re; no link to the fact that she touched bases with her ex boyfriend. 

The text messages to her mother are frightening.Her parents  must be "beside themselves with worry for her well being."

It is now up to the police to locate her, unless someone further spots her,  and reports the sighting right away to the police.

Let us hope that she is found safe.

Chantal strikes me as being a very young 18 year old. (somehow) 18 is a very young age, but some are more savy than others. I don't believe that Chantal was one of them.

JB
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:03:18 PM by jellybean »

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »

I have so far, been unable to verify anything in regard to the fact that Chantal has contacted her ex boyfriend. I will leave this thread up. 

I'm a bit curious as to why Chantal would have contacted her ex boyfriend rather than her mother. She had been in touch with her mother previously. She would have known that her mother would be very worried after some of the messages that she had (apparently) sent. Everything I've read states that all messages were by text. That means that no one, at least that we are aware of, has heard her voice since she left.

Her Mother reported through her fb profile that her daughter spoke to the ex boyfriend and is fine and refuses to provide her location. And the Barrie Police has no missing report period. If you read the story in the advance the number to contact is the advances number not the police.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
Then by all accounts, she is not in danger .She is absent from her family - not missing.
If a missing person report  has not been registered to the police by the family - makes me wonder, either the family does not know that they should file one, or they believe they can contact her through Facebook and find her on their own.
Am I reading this correctly? - or have I missed out??-
JB

SAP

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/featheralert/posts/308858085877576

Barrie police site has no update of any contact.

Barrie Police has no missing persons report for Chantal period.

I thought I had seen an initial report from police but I couldn't find it again.
If she is safe that is great but what was she doing putting her mother through the wringer worrying her with those earlier texts and it turns out she is missing on her own volition?
She's not too old for a good spanking. Sounds like behavior problems there.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
lol:  Glad to hear that she is absent - not missing - and I agree with SAP some type of "punishment is in order here, a good talking down to by her parents would be warranted.  (Don't think she would accept a spanking, but the cold chill, and a damn good scolding might help!) :)

I sincerely hope she comes home - to the loving arms of her parents, and that everything "goes back to normal"
Where she can sleep in a secure, warm and clean bed, and have a warm and loving family, and eat warm meals, and to come to the realization that she counts within her family.  That she Matters.

JB
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:35:27 PM by jellybean »

soccermom

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
I'm sorry, all. I'm having some difficulty with this. One of her posts to her mother indicated that Chantal felt she was at risk -- in danger, in fact, of being killed. While I know young people can tend to the hyperbolic, I am of the "better-safe-than-sorry" school. Is 18 the legal age of consent? Her mother may  be up against the legal wall. But still I feel every effort should be made to locate Chantal and determine if she is, indeed, away of her own volition. I don't see that as a waste of resources. I think it's never wrong to send anyone, and young people especially, the message that we value their lives and wellbeing.

And if LE is short on resources, this is one of our many functions here: to keep an eye out and network of support as a community to do what we can to help bring Chantal safely home.