Author Topic: Ron & Terry Yakimchuk (nee Pettit) - Missing - June 1973 - Edmonton, AB  (Read 50564 times)

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Ron & Terry Yakimchuk (nee Pettit) - Missing - June 1973 - Edmonton, AB
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2016, 01:42:45 PM »
You have done a lot of work York! Have you heard of Angela Ellis who heads north american missing persons? She may be able to help you get action faster. She is a member here and you can pm her.
 http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?action=profile;u=82

I wish I knew of a PI in Edmonton but alas, I don't. There are missing person's cases on this board that she was able to get more info on that posters generally aren't privy to.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »
I'm wondering if the Napanee/Kingston OPP would be interested, York.

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2016, 06:53:54 PM »
Wow it is so great to see movement on this.

York, do you mind telling us which Doe Network case you think was a match?

york3404

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »
Cana_nomad sorry to take so long to respond, I believe she is a match to the remains found by Napanee http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/438ufon.html

I know at first the span of her missing and the est time of the body found is quite a long time. However I know forensics was nothing then like now. I believe they could be off a few years and the body could have been there sooner than 84/83. however this is the exact type of clothing Theresa wore, the body references are very close weight, height, etc.  Including dental both have extensive dental work some of which may be a match to Theresa.  However if they don't check records in Alberta they won't make a match or since they don't feel she could be a match they won't even try taking a second look.  I have spoken with the Napanee police, Edmonton police, and have contacted the doe network as well. Also I find the bone structure on both to be eerily similar. If you do a side by side of the photos you can actually line up Theresa watermark photo with the remains they are pretty much dead on.  Plus going over the files and old road records. With her missing around the time the CN Tower was just constructed being a journalist I feel would have drawn them to stop by T.O on the trip out. They could have taken the 401 to approx Napnee and with their car not in the best shape may have needed repairs. HWY2  was still used most of the time from Napnee going east as the 401 was still being worked on. 73 was a big year for ontario is terms of expanding. On their trip out I think she would have been building up material to have once they arrived out east for her journalism.