Author Topic: Michael Traynor - 26 - Murdered - 1978 - Barrie, ON - ARRESTS MADE  (Read 28193 times)

SAP

Re: Michael Traynor - 26 - Murdered - 1978 - Barrie, ON - ARRESTS MADE
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 09:03:23 PM »
That sounds plausible Jobo. He had to have been some paranoid before though, thinking about a warrant. Unless they didn't watch TV in that house or listen to any news.
The neighbor stated William went "strange" b/c of the war (living in Germany during WW2) but I am wondering if he wasn't already pre-war, since his son certainly seems to have inherited the traits. Although having nothing to do with the general public and listening to his father could have been a sort of brain washing for him.
How did they survive? Did the son ever work out, I wonder. Or they lived off pensions ...

chrisboy2004

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
Since his father is 75, that would mean he was born around 1937...so he'd have seen the war while he was young. Talking with the other neighbours today, nobody seems to know if any of them worked. Even with the father helping the son cover up the murder, I agree, that had to have been a crazy life looking over the shoulder. Since they had food and explosives in the bunkers, it suggests that they did expect the LE to come knocking at some point in time

SAP

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 08:48:42 AM »
He was just a little one during the war and likely wouldn't have had many memories. I do wonder if all the paranoia stemmed from the murder of Michael and their fear of police showing up any time ... yet they had copper wiring around so they may have been making bombs already at that time. Days and weeks ahead will be interesting as it all unravels.   

chrisboy2004

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
just a few minutes ago,  Annette Feldhoff, wife of William & mom of Daniel, arrived on site. Spoke briefly w/ police. Says she didn't know there was explosives in her home. So far police have neutralized 10 IEDs found at 30 Virgilwood Cres. and say they have found more. I seriously wonder could someone have lived in a house for 30 years and not known there was explosives around, she had to have known about the bunkers

chrisboy2004

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
so if the chemicals they had weren't that easy to come by, how was it they managed to get it without raising any alarms with anyone....although I guess years ago, perhaps people were not as suspicious as we are now and were more trusting...

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
It should be really interesting how they did get ahold of these chemicals you wouldn't readily come by.  I wonder where they worked, if they ever worked.  If they got them from a place of employment from their past, before they were more careful regulating this stuff.

I tend to think this arming the house and property has been going on for a long, long time.  SAP mentioned the copper wire.  I have to think that this is not a normal thing a perp would use to bind someone's hands, I think perps are more apt to use cords, clothing, stockings, ropes, belts and such.  To use copper wire makes me think it was a usual material in their house, and readily available.  So, that leads me to believe they were preparing for a long time for some kind of 'attack'.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:30:45 PM by jobo »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
Capeheart:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3133.0

So this is another person that was killed by a bomb. This is the case I was thinking of. But Michael Traynor was murdered, with a gunshot wound.  Well these gus maybe responsible for Grevattes murder. Sure takes looking into. Thanks for that, SAP.

Powl44

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 11:41:06 PM »
His family reported him missing less than a week later.

Does this mean the very next morning? If not - I wonder why.

SAP

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 10:46:09 AM »
He went missing on the 18th and his wife reported him missing on the 18th. The night before he met some buddies for some season end games party. Probably watched the game ends on TV in the bar/lounge.

Also more pictures in this article:

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2012/07/13/accused-killer-confessed-to-police-this-week

Michael Traynor?

Powl44

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
Respectfully,

The very article that you post states that he went missing at 3am on September 13th.  Not September 18th.  I am just curious as to why the family waited several days to report him missing.

I mean no offence to the family.  I am simply curious.

SAP

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »
Sorry, my mistake.

Traynor, a plumber's apprentice, was last seen around 3 a.m. Sept. 13, 1978 at a bar with friends. In an interview at the time, his wife, Bev, said she spoke to him that evening and he told her he was going to an end-of-season party for the local baseball team he played for. His family reported him missing on Sept. 18.

Just the way it's written could sound as though possibly they were not living together ... as she reported last talking to him, not when she last saw him. Perhaps he lived on his own and didn't have daily contact with family. It may eventually all come out when the trials begin.

Powl44

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »
Well done,

I didn't even think of that. My apologies to you.   :D  Cheers to you!!!

SAP

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 09:36:31 PM »
No need to apologize. :) No offense taken in any way. I would rather have someone point out my mistakes rather than let it go on and have a misunderstanding of the timeline/dates, which are crucial. Thanks. :)