Author Topic: Cheryl Rowe (45)- Missing Dec.22.2012-Richmond Hill- Ontario  (Read 13329 times)

jobo

• View Profile
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:21:46 PM by jobo »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Cheryl Rowe (45)- Missing Dec.22.2012-Richmond Hill- Ontario
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »
10K reward in missing Richmond Hill woman's case

07/11/2012  | Shawne McKeown, CityNews.ca

Police continue to search for missing Richmond Hill woman York police are offering a $10,000 reward for information as they continue to search for a missing Richmond Hill woman, who investigators believe may have met foul play.

Homicide detectives have taken over the case. The reward was announced Wednesday and will remain in effect until Sept. 18.

Cheryl Rowe was last seen by her family on Rathfon Road, near Yonge Street and Carville Road, just after midnight on Dec. 22, 2011.

"She just said she was going to a friend's house and that was it," said her brother, Joe Rowe. "We haven't heard anything. She just went out the door and that was the last (time we've seen her)."

Her family says they've been on an emotional roller coaster and are seeking closure.

They are hoping the reward money will generate new leads.

"(We are) hoping somebody, one of her friends, will say something or talk...so we can get closure for our family."

Rowe is described as white, five-feet tall, 125 pounds, with a thin build, short, dark-brown hair and brown eyes.

When Rowe disappeared, she was wearing dark jeans, a light-blue two-toned jacket, purple Adidas running shoes and a white baseball hat with a green leaf on the front.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7865 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/214425--10-000-reward-for-information-on-missing-richmond-hill-woman

click to enlarge picture

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
I saw a picture of Cheryl on one of the newsfeeds and it showed her leaning on a counter with a male (?) standing there, but you can't make him out.  I thought she looked relaxed in the picture.
The "green leaf" on her hat was a pot leaf, clearly...the hat was in the pic of her @ a counter,(a store?).

It has taken a while for the Police to become really concerned, I wonder if it is because they recently got a fairly strong tip who Cheryl met up with/talked to that night.  Cheryl has not shown up since she left her home quite late, just after midnight, the article above says.
Thanks for posting the pics, debbiec, the article I posted had a picture but it didn't show up in my post...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:22:58 PM by jobo »

soccermom

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
I am very certain i have seen Cheryl Rowe's picture before, prior to July, in some kind of media release for her as missing. I will search and see what more info I can find. Even if she seems to have left (home or area) willingly, that of course does not preclude some kind of foul play. Let's hope rather that Cheryl is safe and well, if located in another region.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »
Actually, soccermom, I remember seeing her picture on my facebook newsfeed earlier on too.   It was either 680news or newstalk1010.

I just realised I will have to change the header on this thread.  I put Mississauga for some strange reason, I should have put Richmond Hill....geesh.  I went to google-map the address and realized they are talking about Yonge St and Carville in Richmond Hill (Toronto) as being the last area Cheryl was seen.

Oh dear....lol...I don't know how to change the header, I can on my post, but not the others, so I am obviously not doing it right......
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:23:17 PM by jobo »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 03:03:05 PM »
Well, we don't know about her life circumstances.  If the police are thinking about foul play - then it probably is.
So sad, any which way we look at it!! Missing since December is a very long time.
JB

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »
Oh dear....lol...I don't know how to change the header, I can on my post, but not the others, so I am obviously not doing it right......

You aren't doing it wrong, jobo. It's not possible for a member to change the headers on all posts in a thread.  :)

Seekerrr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »
I read the case about Cheryl Rowe...and others..I noticed another missing person case from Richmond Hill...

Marc James Gauthier (25) last seen at Parents home at "5 Rathfon Crescent" R.H. - 3/12/2011

Cheryl Rowe (45) ............last  seen on..........................."Rathfon Crescent" R.H. - 22/12/2011

Anyone Notice there last seen in same area, same town...both went missing and 19 days apart?
Seems Like a heck of a coincidence....I assume the police must have seen this similarity...?

Does anyone know of any updates on those to cases?

Regards
Mike

wantedwanted

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »
Here's a recent article from the Toronto Star following up on the story of Cheryl Rowe's disappearance, with some more details about what happened the night she vanished.

URL for the article: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1307666--missing-woman-s-daughter-struggles-with-questions

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 08:11:16 AM »
This thread is only one page long and there is two different scenerios out there.  Something is really wrong with someone's story.

The brother says she left to go to a friend's house.  The daughter says she phoned her and arranged to meet her at the pathway (she needed clothes).  Which story is the truth?
Is there a cottage/land in the family?

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 05:04:19 PM »
I read the case about Cheryl Rowe...and others..I noticed another missing person case from Richmond Hill...

Marc James Gauthier (25) last seen at Parents home at "5 Rathfon Crescent" R.H. - 3/12/2011

Cheryl Rowe (45) ............last  seen on..........................."Rathfon Crescent" R.H. - 22/12/2011

Anyone Notice there last seen in same area, same town...both went missing and 19 days apart?
Seems Like a heck of a coincidence....I assume the police must have seen this similarity...?

Does anyone know of any updates on those to cases?

Regards
Mike

That is really strange, same street 19 days later. We do need an update. Did James ever make it home?

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 09:58:26 AM »
This is being copied from a blog by Ian Scott;
http://ianism.com/tag/cheryl-rowe-richmond-hill

Where is Cheryl Rowe?

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
Were some of Cheryl's daughter's clothing items found to be missing? If so, that would prove Cheryl took the clothing with her to deliver to her daughter as pre-arranged and could have been abducted on the pathway meeting place.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 06:52:11 AM »
I believe Cheryl arranged to meet her daughter to exchange the clothes....the daughter showed up at the meeting place, but Cheryl didn't.