Author Topic: Jonathan Zak Murdered in London ON May 31, 2012  (Read 9792 times)

JGC74

• View Profile
Jonathan Zak Murdered in London ON May 31, 2012
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
A killer remains on the loose on London's streets.

Jonathan Zak's family, alongside police, are pleading with anyone with information to come forward in order to solve his murder.

It's been two weeks since London's third homicide victim was gunned down in Northeast London and many questions continue to swirl around  Zak's death.

The 29 year old was shot to death in the Victoria and Boullee Street area around 1:30 AM on May 31.

Zak's mother, Jean Zak, tells AM 980, unfortunately she doesn't know many details about her son's death.

"He died quickly, it was one gunshot, he was with his friends before having a good time, walking home and he wasn't robbed and that's all we know," said Zak.

"I guess I should be happy he passed quickly and I hope they find the person who did this," Zak said with somber tone.

Police have since put out a YouTube video, pleading for information from the public.

The video can be seen here: http://bit.ly/KwQ0Ka

Police feel Zak was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and was not involved in any type of criminal activity.

If you have any information about Zak's murder, contact police or Crimestoppers.

Have faith

• View Profile
Re: Jonathan Zak Murdered in London ON May 31, 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
Unfortunately, the Police video from JG74's link  has already been taken down.  ????

The area where Jonathan was gunned down is a dangerous area, in so far as gang activity is concerned. I may be wrong and this area has very recently been cleaned up, but it has been known for this, and I doubt much has changed.  Boulee Street at Cheapside and north to Victoria is known to be one of the worse neighborhoods in London.  There is a large ghetto apartment complex at Cheapside and Boulee that rivals the "projects" in American cities.  Not too long ago, it housed Vietnamese refugees and gangs sprung up.  I don't know what is happening lately.

I can see why the police feel that poor Jon was at the wrong place at the wrong time.  I also feel that there will be no willing witnesses to come forward.  Of course people know who shot Jon, and for that reason a reward should be offered to loosen lips.  It may be the only way to solve this case.  Jon deserves justice, and his mother and loved ones deserve answers.  Get with it London Police Services!  And put the  video up again for heaven's sakes.

SAP

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
I agree HaveFaith. Jonathan may have seen something he wasn't supposed to and they made sure he kept quiet, or mistaken identity, or just a message to others that non-gang persons stay away from the park they claim as their territory. With the triad gangs one never knows what makes them tick and it could be a small incident. They wear their anger and hatered on their sleeves.

I agree there needs to be a huge reward offered in hopes to make someone hopefully talk. My thoughts are with Jonathan's family and hope there is justice coming soon.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:58:24 AM »
Update, Reporter Scott Taylor, London Free Press, Aug. 8, 2012

"A statement released by the police last week reflected their own frustration over the difficulty investigators face trying to squeeze any kind of information out of residents living in and around one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in the city.

"There are still many investigators working on the case and progress is being made. We are grateful for the co-operation from the community that we have received thus far. We do know that there are other people who have important information and are urging those people to assist with the investigation. This was a senseless act of violence. With the community's assistance, we can help bring some closure to Jonathon Zak's family."

One Boullee St. resident, who did not want to be named, said shortly after the killing that people are too afraid to talk to anyone -- much less the police -- about what goes on there.

"You hear what sounds like gunshots at least once a week," she said. "Nobody wants to say anything that can get them into trouble."

end quote.

My earlier assessment of the bad neighbourhood that Jon was killed in seems to be current.  Bad-assed gang activity.  It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to assess the situation and know that people are too afraid to talkl, and I don't blame them.  Time to offer a cash reward.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:40:43 PM by Have faith »

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 08:28:19 PM »

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:48 PM »
It is the second anniversary of Jonathan's unsolved murder.  My heart breaks for his mother, like so many others, who are left with no answers and no justice for their child. 

http://www.am980.ca/2014/05/30/london-mother-dedicating-park-bench-to-honour/www.tvef.on.cawww.ldalondon.cawww.londoncrimestoppers.com