Author Topic: James Ellis  (Read 5422 times)

smoothies

• View Profile
James Ellis
« on: June 06, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »
Hi Everyone i am Ian here From Langley BC Canada I am Looking for the remains of my Father James Ellis Born August 17 1945 from Churchill Manitoba He was in BC Kamloops
at the time when I was Born in 1980 After i got adopted and never seen him again but when i found out my family of my father was out there they told me that he drown in the River
it could be in Manitoba or In BC Kamloops if anyone know anything about it or what have happened to him before he drowned in the river or so or anything let me know family told me that
there were no proper funeral or anything or dont know what happened to him or so which is a cold case hope everyone can help me find or give me clues or so

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
Re: James Ellis
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:12:43 PM »
there was a James Ellis that drowned in April of 1982 in New Brunswick but his name is very common when you google it

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
Hi smoothie,

I have a sister that found us, she went to grave yards and got family names and tried to contact them for info, it worked she found an aunt who was in her late 90's and was glad to reminisce and fill in fifty years of detail. If you know town names you can check the cemeteries there.  The name of the river and The year he died would be very helpful details.

Curious how does the family treat you? Are they helpful? Nice? Or hesitant, and you think holding details they know?

Logical

smoothies

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 12:00:50 PM »
sorry that the wrong James Ellis it says 1882 not 1982 sorry it not correct

smoothies

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »
At Logical yes i have family names and all but they dont know his body is there was no funeral or anything i will look in kamloops BC for more information
there is more to it thanks for helping will keep on searching and looking for his remains

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »
Here is another angle to try.  Find out who the police officer was who was involved and he will be able to tell you where your fathers body was taken to , then they in turn will be able to tell you who the body or what funeral home the body was released to and they will be able to tell you his final resting place.  Good luck , my heart is with you.

smoothies

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
At Eyes wide open thanks so much for helpful thoughts thanks for been there for me

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
No problem hope it works and you can find out where he is buried.  I think if you track from that end you will be sucessful.  Good luck

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Hi smoothie,

Have you considered that he may not be deceased? I am not trying to get your hopes up but from my experience with adoption(my mother was adopted and she also gave up her first born to adoption) is privacy and secrecy. The abandonment and denial emotions are on all sides, depending on the family and if they want this to remain a secret in the past, they may mislead you?

But hopefully you can find someone in the family, be it a cousin or aunt that may share more of the truth with you, or at least share his known history with you. This is why I mentioned the grave yard, sorry not for your fathers grave but his relatives.

Hope it helps
Logical

cafritz

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »
hello
bc death records show a james herbert ellis passing away in kamloops in 1976 aged 52, this may help

smoothies

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 08:55:29 AM »
@cafritz um my father born in 1945 he would be 31 years old at 1976 um still the wrong person will check with the police in kamloops

smoothies

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »
well i guess i have to go to kamloops and find out unless vancouver police knows as well