Author Topic: Jun Lin - 33 - Murdered - May 2012 - Montreal, Quebec  (Read 64515 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Jun Lin - 33 - Murdered - May 2012 - Montreal, Quebec
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2013, 03:12:01 AM »
As per my post #194....apparantly Magnotta was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia about 5 years ago.  I think I read in another article somewhere else, that he didn't take his meds though.
In my opinion, he would have to be mentally sick to do what he did....no one in their right mind would/could do what he did.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2013, 06:50:04 AM »
CTV had a show on Luca Magnotta on Friday night....not sure if you can see it on-line.   
On the show it said there was an on-line group formed with about 4000 members that searched for 18 months to find the perpetrator in the videos of harming kittens.  They were one step behind Magnotta and did track him to Montreal.  They worked closely with the SPCA and tried to work with the Montreal Police....who were not exactly pulling out the stops to find him.  In fact we know they were too late, the hunt was not on until Jun Lin was found murdered.

This group was amateur sleuthers.  They were amazed to see how many profiles and websites Luca had set up.  It took a heck of a lot of work to put two and two together.  He was one busy guy on the computer.   The group traced Magnotta to Montreal due to the unique streetlights in some of his pictures.  Also, they mentioned that many of his on-line pictures were photo-shopped, his head on another man's body....so they really worked hard to get the truth.  They admit they were one step behind....but I give them lots of credit for all their hard work, they certainly tried to stop this monster.
In the show they also interviewed his ex-girlfriend....I believe she is a transvestite....she really didn't add too much to the show except to say Luca just wanted to be famous.
Well, now he will be locked away forever I hope.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »
I watched that program too. Those guys were doing a really good job of staying on top of this little psycho. Note some of their main tools, google street view just like we have been using at times on here. Walking man took them for strolls and allowed them to see from most any angle. There is power in combining skills and eyes over the net. Its just too bad they couldn't have gotten that one jump ahead before jun-lin met his fate.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2014, 11:51:41 PM »
What kind of evidence would they need from Europe to convict him of a murder that took place in Canada?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2014, 10:34:00 AM »
Magnotta trial set to begin today.

MONTREAL - The trial in one of Canada's most publicized and shocking criminal cases is set to begin Monday with evidence being heard in the proceedings against alleged murderer Luka Rocco Magnotta.

Magnotta, 32, has pleaded not guilty to five charges in connection with the slaying and dismemberment of Chinese engineering student Jun Lin in May 2012.

The charges are first-degree murder; committing an indignity to a body; publishing obscene material; criminally harassing Prime Minister Stephen Harper and other members of Parliament; and mailing obscene and indecent material.

more can be viewed at the link.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/murder-trial-luka-rocco-magnotta-set-begin-montreal-165615523.html

SAP

« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2014, 08:55:39 AM »
My fears as well Fridgiebear. Especially with his diagnosis. So many people with that affliction ... when they are feeling better have the delusional thinking they are better and don't need to spend more money on their medications they should always be on. It's a scary thought that he may one day soon be out like the Greyhound butcher.

SAP

« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »
He has been able to skate on the "mental issue" card at least since 2005. His own lawyer stated that changed everything and it does seem to have worked in his favor all along. Scary thought now.

Kazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2014, 11:15:55 AM »
Luka Magnotta guilty of 1st-degree murder in Jun Lin's slayinghttp://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/luka-magnotta-guilty-of-1st-degree-murder-in-jun-lin-s-slaying-1.2875989

The jury got it right, hopefully the Lin family can start the long process of healing over the holidays.

RIP Jun Lin

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2014, 11:32:43 AM »
Thanks for the update Kazoo.

I was beginning to wonder what would happen, as the jury had been out for some time. Glad that he was found guilty of first degree murder. My concern was that he would be found not criminally responsible.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:06:54 PM by debbiec »

SAP

« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »
The jury got it right. Thanks Kazoo.