Author Topic: Identified - Laura Jessome - 21 - North Sydney, NS -  (Read 34680 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Identified - Laura Jessome - 21 - North Sydney, NS -
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
CTV news just stated that the body is that of a 21 year old female from North Sydney. Her family does not wish for her name to be released at this time. The police also indicated that it was murder. We will be waiting for further information related to this case. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 03:40:46 PM »
Strange how quickly this progressed in a matter of hours; so the law must be very close to something.  This morning, somebody living in that area told me the victim was not from around here.  Then within hours, it was known she was from here; she is from North Sydney. 

God Bless that girl ...what a waste of life prematurely! RIP child.  ....I don't consider somebody this young as adult.  I don't know about anybody else, but I certainly wasn't "matured" at that age.  I was still "making my mistakes and bad choices" for years after that age - so I could have been dead many times over.  Everybody deserves the right to live a lot longer than that.  So this poor girl made some sort of bad choice... or dropped her guard somehow, resulting in the end of life... the end of any chance to live a life.   :-[

elepher

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
Rest in peace. Thoughts going out to the family of the victim.  Hopefully an arrest will be swift and whoever did this is held responsible and accountable swiftly.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
Justice I am wondering how you found out this is not Melissa?  How would you find something like that out?  Who ever this girl is sure hope they find out who did this to her real quick.  Since they have identifyed her already her body must have been in good enough shape for a visual identification I am thinking?  JMO.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 04:45:46 PM »
I had a feeling early on that the police had an idea of who this might be, right after the body was found. I think the family possibly may have had the police involved in her whereabouts, but did not broadcast it. It is very sad, whatever this outcome is. I would say it won't be too long before we hear of someone being arrested in this case.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

malloryknox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
Right from the north side? Is that on the island?

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 10:02:55 PM »
It's about 30 kil. from the scene..... if you google Cape Breton, you'll see that Sydney, North Sydney, Sydney Mines, New Waterford, Glace Bay, Lingan etc. etc. are all along the coast ...... all no more than 10 to 30 kil. from each other..... You will see that Mira River runs inland behind all this massive area.  just click on one of the news articles to get to the google map and have a look at this place where we "capers" live.

lostlinganer

• View Profile

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 12:23:46 AM »
Thank you Lost, for the detailed update.

May she rest in peace. Thank you God for making sure the young lady's body was found. May you God give comfort and be with this family.Amen.

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 06:37:28 AM »
To the family of this young girl, I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you don't have to wait long for justice to prevail. May she RIP.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
More can be read at the link below.

The body found stuffed in a hockey bag and floating in a river on Friday belong to a 21-year-old Cape Breton, N.S., woman, police said.

Cops are not yet releasing the victim's name to the media at the request of the family, who are still notifying loved ones.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/canada/2012/05/28/19806606.html

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »
That would sure be one heck of a way for family to find out from the MEDIA or even from the internet.  The family deserves the respect to not release the name until all family members have been notified IMO

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »

LOST:  It is my understanding that the family has asked for the name to not be released.  The Police are honouring their wishes.  Looks like an unscrupulous news reporter has taken the liberty and found out the name and chose to publish it.

Notice in the article it doesn't say that the Police have released the name of the victim....., but rather "sources told the Chronicle...."

Personally, I think it's very disrespectful.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
Yes a very unscrupulous reporter going against the police and the family , a reall shame that the family get to read it in the news before they can all be reached.  But i dont believe we should follow in the foot steps of an unscruplous report and be posting it on here.  That  would be the reason for it being removed as was very clearly stated on here by admins that we would not post it unless the police released the name.  Lets show a little consideration for the family I say.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 09:02:19 PM »
well you can say that I suppose about Paul Murphy on CTV News.... he gave a clue that while police haven't released the name, she has a facebook page, and describes herself as (a mystery to all?)----- or something like that? ...I knew pretty much if I just sat down and googled the expression he used (which I'm not sure of now) and North Sydney ... I might come up with this girl's facebook page.....and if I was really nosey, I could just click on the "updates" of the 5000 members on my facebook..... but I couldn't be bothered!... figured it wouldn't help her now, if I knew her name... and all I can think of is "I wish I had my scrawny angry old hands around the throat of who did this to that you woman"... girl is more like it! ...but then I had a google notification of that article in the Chronicle Herald, so I posted it. 

I don't recall reading such instruction from Chris to that point! .... Guess I may have passed right over such a post from him at some time without even reading it.  I've never known this site to ever have had that "mind set" as we have been posting the names of victims on this site for years.... often before most newspapers I'd dare wager.  I guess I just didn't notice this site changing to that point.... or at what time.  I am way back with the oldies I met here when I first started.  Guess I just don't belong here anymore.