Author Topic: Identified - Laura Jessome - 21 - North Sydney, NS -  (Read 33956 times)

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
Identified - Laura Jessome - 21 - North Sydney, NS -
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:12:18 AM »
Shared with the Fair Dealings Provisions of the Copyright Act:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/100601-human-remains-found-in-hockey-bag

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Identified - Laura Jessome - 21 - North Sydney, NS -
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »
There's lots of horrible theories, but nothing concrete...not even whether male or female.... still a heart-breaker in a place like this...all families and "close knit".

My daughter lives "right there" .... and they haven't got facts yet, so hold on for now. .. this poor soul could have floated from anywhere.... That end of the river is "half salt water" ...thus affected by some current; ....most of the people on this side of the river are "year round" residents.... other's are "cottage country".

There are "bridges  -  the Albert Bridge end  - and The Marion Bridge end;.... there's constant boating and a lot of action come the long weekend in May (last weekend).  But again, this body could have came from "anywhere" and got deposited in the river.... even deposited at the mouth of the harbour??? perhaps?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:36:49 PM by lostlinganer »

malloryknox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »
Really hoping its not Melissa, I hope they release details soon!

JusticePrevails

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »
They need to release the info ASAP...this family needs to know NOW!! Didn't want to post anything about this on Melissa's page..:(

malloryknox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 02:04:45 PM »
The groups on fb are saying no but I have this feeling... Will they release info today of the identity? I suppose. Leif they can reach the family.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
They need to release the info ASAP...this family needs to know NOW!! Didn't want to post anything about this on Melissa's page..

RCMP will notify this person's family before anything is released. We wouldn't post the name here unless it was released anyway. Patience, this has only happened in the last day.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
On the 6:00 p.m. news the police indicated the remains in the hockey bag are those of an adult woman. There was no mention of a baby on this newscast. There was an indication that more news would be forthcoming. It was also noted that the police believe the bag was thrown off the Marion Bridge. It is shocking to hear all of this, because nobody has been reported missing. Of course, who is to know if this person is from another area of Nova Scotia or even another province. Just have to wait and see what the police give out in their reports. :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
There is another female missing also from Halifax, she was in the NS Forensic Hospital unit and did not return after an hour pass. I really do not believe she was found, I never heard anything as to her whereabouts either. Now I wasn't even thinking of Melissa, because that is miles from where she went missing. She is from Halifax and that is a long way from home. Of course, I did think that it could be someone from another area other then here on the Cape. There has to be absolute certainty in the Id and I guess we'll know that by the weekend. :o :o :o :o :o :o

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »
Cape; the girl from Halifax... thought to be in Montreal, was found last week and returned to hospital facilities.  As far as we know around here, nobody has been reported missing lately.  But there are lot of people who exist alone and private, thus there would be no missing report too soon in such a case. 

This girl could be anybody from anywhere.  Don't forget folks; we have vehicles coming into town every day from out west.  I am amazed every time I go to the local little plaza here.... there are always several cars from Alberta and BC... because that's where most workers are now.  They return with spouses new to the area.  So right now, there is a potential for somebody being "not missed" around here.  ....long way to go yet. 

This will touch people in Mira for the whole summer... for sure.... very painful for people around here to digest.  God rest this poor woman's soul.  I hope her spirit knows that we ache for her.... because of the pain and indignity she had to have suffered.  And the worst is yet to come - loved ones somewhere, not even dreaming she is missing.... not even relating to this event.  BTW, I know it probably has nothing to do with this case, but the police in NS are really pushing news that we all need to watch our local waterways and fishing wharves... There is some kind of "big hype" about "smuggling activities" believed by authorities to be escalating all around NS's coast.  The Rick Howe Show yesterday interviewed a spokes person, who gave an detailed explanation of what we are to watch for.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:41:28 PM by lostlinganer »

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »
And apparently the people that found her had to leave the area because rubberneckers wouldn't stop pestering them, that and the road they live on has been a gongshow of more rubberneckers.

For shame. Find a new hobby.

Nish

JusticePrevails

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 08:48:47 AM »
The people in the area must be very upset over this. God bless them all. Hopefully the answers will come soon. Some answers we may never get. At least with identity can come some closure.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 08:49:19 AM »
Nish I agree that is a real shame when the family that found her has to leave the area because of the nosey people.  Dont these people realize that should there be any evidence, they are destroying it but being in the area .  Bad enough finding the poor girl , but now driven out by the people who put there noseyness ahead of other peoples need for privacey and to live that is sad.

JusticePrevails

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
Just found out its not Melissa...another family's mourning today...god bless them