Author Topic: Isabel Mercedes Celis | 6 | Missing |Tucson Arizona | April 21/12  (Read 8150 times)

SAP

Another missing child case ... open window and screen gone. A week ago I had read that the parents were having a huge party this night and I can't find the link now. Later articles claim they were asleep, no party. Becky was working the early shift at a hospital.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=79914
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:43:31 PM by SAP »

SAP

Re: Isobel Mercedes Celis | 6 | Tucson Arizona | April 21/12
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »
http://www.kpho.com/story/18120208/pd-parents-of-isabel-celis-took-polygraph-test

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5) -
The parents of Isabel Celis took a polygraph test early in the investigation of the missing 6-year-old girl, Tucson police said Thursday.

Related
SLIDESHOW:

ONLY ON CBS5AZ.COM: Continuous coverage of missing Isabel
PDF: Downloadable flyer of missing Isabel
READ: Concert raises funds for Isabel search (4/29/2012)
READ: PD talks to 3 seen in video in girl's search (4/27/2012)
READ: Underwater search turns up no sign (4/27/2012)
READ: Missing girl's father in court (4/26/2012)
READ: Tucson police scaling back missing girl search (4/25/2012)
READ: Missing girl's family says they'll 'never give up' (4/24/2012)
READ: Little league holds vigil for missing Tucson girl (4/24/2012)

The results of Sergio and Becky Celis' tests will not be shared, Sgt. Maria Hawke of the Tucson Police Department said at a news briefing.

Hawke said investigators have not given up hope that Isabel is alive and with someone.

Isabel's parents said they last saw her in her bedroom the night of April 20 and discovered she was missing the next morning. Police said a window was open with the screen pushed aside.

Hawke spoke on day 13 of the investigation and said law enforcement has received about 500 tips.

Friends of the family said they have passed out more than 20,000 flyers. (Click here for a printable flyer).

Isabel is described as just under 4' tall and weighs 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the girl is asked to call 911 or 88-CRIME.

Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

SAP

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:21:07 AM »
Video: Family taken back to house one by one by detectives:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/03/isabel-celis-parents-questioned

Sergio and Becky interviewed:

http://www.kgun9.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=1622275379001
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:32:28 AM by SAP »

SAP

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 09:38:01 AM »
There are tons of articles on the net about this case.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/isabel-celis-missing-tucson-girls-father-barred-contact/story?id=16334922#.T6796-3N7zI

By CLAYTON SANDELL (@Clayton_Sandell) , ALYSSA NEWCOMB (@alyssanewcomb) and JENNIFER LEONG
May 12, 2012
The father of missing Tucson 6-year-old Isabel Celis has been told by authorities he cannot have contact with the girl's two older brothers, who are now in the custody of their mother Rebecca, ABC News has learned.

A source close to the investigation said the development does not mean that investigators are turning their focus on Sergio Celis in the disappearance of his daughter. A police statement released Friday said it is "common practice for CPS [Child Protective Services] to become involved in investigations regarding missing children."

Calls to Sergio Celis and his wife -- who are no longer living together -- were not returned today. Other family members reached by phone refused to comment.

The police statement said new information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children led detectives to contact officials with Child Protective Services and call in Isabel's family for a meeting Friday. The statement did not specify what prompted the detectives and child welfare workers to take action.

Facebook
This undated file photo shows Isabel Mercedes... View Full Size

Isabel Celis Missing: Parents Speak to Public Watch Video

Child Vanishes From Bedroom Watch Video

Missing Tucson Girl: Parents' Tearful Plea Watch Video

"CPS instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare of the Celis children," the statement said.

A Tucson police spokesman, reached this evening, declined to provide additional details.

Isabel Celis was reported missing by her father around 8 a.m. April 21 after her mother left for work and her father went to wake her up.

The girl was not in her room, and a bedroom window was opened with the screen removed, police said.

The little girl was last seen around 11 p.m. April 20, when she was put to bed.

Police say they haven't eliminated anyone as a suspect, including the Celis family. They also haven't eliminated the possibility that investigators will find Isabel and bring her home safely, they say.

After Isabel was reported missing, police interviewed 15 registered sex offenders in the neighborhood.

Police have searched homes in the family's neighborhood, dug through a nearby landfull and searched waterways and drainage systems in Tucson. More than 1,000 tips have poured in regarding the six-year-old's disappearance, police said.

Isabel's parents made several public, emotional pleas for the safe return of their daughter in the days after her disappearance.

"Just please, please, to the person or persons who have Isabel, tell us what you want. We will do anything for her. We're looking for you, Isa," Sergio Celis said tearfully.

The search has also extended into Mexico, where authorities in the state of Sonora have been circulating photos of Isabel.

SAP

Re: Isobel Mercedes Celis | 6 | Missing |Tucson Arizona | April 21/12
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »
http://www.ksdk.com/video/1612857910001/1/Scottsdale-Opera-concert-To-benefit-Isabel-Celis

Video: Scotsdale Opera concert benefit for Isobel. Sergio Celis is a tenor with the opera for 2 decades.

SAP

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:48:53 AM »
Sometimes Child Protection do not do enough, and sometimes they jump in and cause problems. It may be even that through all the frustration that the parents may have yelled at each other and when the boys were interviewed would have mentioned this ... and Child Protection jump in and remove the boys. Just trying to make sense of a difficult situation here.

Please let beautiful little Isobel be safe and alive somewhere. :'(

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »
I am sorry but my opinion is if the child protection service do not have any evidence, then they have destroyed a family, who need each other for support at this time.  Imagine , just imagine it that were your little girl missing and this was done,  The mother looses the support of her husband, the children lose the support of their father, this causes mistrust to be born.  Imagine how the father would feel if it turns out he is innocent, which I believe he is.  I think action was taken too soo by child protection services. 

SAP

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 11:11:43 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree, Eyes. I can't say if they jumped the gun in this case, however I have seen it happen to families before where the family were split just b/c Protective services demanded it and causing much hardship, especially for the children. I think, imo anyway, they have gone too heavy since the bungling on the case where the father axed his children and killed himself in a fire.

In one of the links at the beginning, there is a neighbor lady whose bedroom is opposite the house and room that was occupied by Isobel. She said her dogs and those dogs of Celis' were barking madly in the wee hours of the morning. She got up to investigate and heard two male voices outside, just feet away from Isobel's window. She also did not hear any little girl's voice or crying, leading her to believe that whomever took Isobel ... was known to Isobel. Isobel  imo is old enough to understand that no one should be sneaking into her window to take her away in the middle of the night, so whomever it was, must really be well known to her. Also there was a nightclub in the area where patrons were going home in the wee hours from and it's possible the voices the neighbor heard were just those of some going home from the club ... or she may have heard more and only told police and not reporters.

The brothers, I think, are from a first marriage. I wondered also if the ex husband took Isobel as a ransom for his sons?? Just a thought. "I'll give you Isobel if you let me have custody of the boys." Yet it has been 2 weeks and not a word.

SAP

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »
There is apparently a known sex offender also living in the near vicinity of the Celis home. Below is a link offering reasons why there are so many abductions of children and young teens ... disturbing and disgusting that it comes down to the "budget".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/2012/04/23/why-missing-child-cases-like-isabel-mercedes-celis-are-so-difficult-to-solve/

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
Sap wondering which links you are refering to.  I could not find the link about The husband not being the father of the boys, nor  a link about a neighbor hearing the men and the dogs could you please point me to them.  Thanks.

SAP

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
Sap wondering which links you are refering to.  I could not find the link about The husband not being the father of the boys, nor  a link about a neighbor hearing the men and the dogs could you please point me to them.  Thanks.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/isabel-celis-missing-tucson-girls-father-barred-contact/story?id=16334922#.T7AcG-s7WAh

This link is already posted above. There are several videos one after the other punctuated by short commercials. Where the neighbor is interviewed is about the 3rd or 4th video, mixed in with other things.

http://www.kgun9.com/multimedia/videos/?bctid=1622275379001

I may have misunderstood here when Becky is speaking about the boys ... says " my son" ... so perhaps I am mistaken about an ex.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:54:09 PM by SAP »

SAP

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
Discrepancies appearing with release of police tapes when Isobel was discovered missing. Mom Becky had left for work and the call of missing Isobel was a female. Not the father as has first been released.
Father has stated he went into Isobel's room to wake her for school ... this was a Saturday morning.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/10/jvm-isabel-celis-audio-recording

SAP

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3spwQIXEXE

Nancy Grace: 2 types of dogs at the scene ... one a cadaver dog and the other a scent dog. One of the dogs has made a hit in the house.
As they say, this doesn't mean anything at the moment as a cadaver dog can make a hit on a broken piece of fingernail as well.

Better video of the neighbor who heard the English speaking men outside, and a close look at the window of Isabel's room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-1gFSQ3ot0&feature=related

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Isabel Mercedes Celis | 6 | Missing |Tucson Arizona | April 21/12
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
I am glad that you are on top of this one SAP.
This whole situation of this young girl missing, just to my mind, says have another look at the family, or who they associated with.

I haven't been following it as well as you have

So, I really shouldn't give any other opinion.
There have been too many similar scenarious in the US.

JB