Author Topic: McDonald's Murderer Investing Money  (Read 9800 times)

Maureen

• View Profile
McDonald's Murderer Investing Money
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:37:11 PM »
I am so pissed right now....I have been informed by a very reliable source that Darren Muise (who is getting out or is already out of prison for the murder of Neil Burroughs) was left a sum of money by his deceased grandmother. He requested this money be invested (possibly Blackberry). Whatever he invested in someone had to do it for him. He couldn't do it from prison. How could this person live with themselves.

Darren Muise has a girlfriend. What parents would want their daughter with the likes of him. He should still be in prison and only come out in a box.

Neil Burroughs had a family that loved him dearly. His son was only 3 years old when his Dad was brutally taken away from him. Neil didn't see his son's first day of school, graduate or see him when he gets married.

The Burroughs should sue Darren Muise for every penny he has made and if they don't want the money, then give it to a charity.

Why should Darren Muise live a life of leisure when he is a cold blooded killer.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: McDonald's Murderer Investing Money
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »
The piece of shit and his friends sentenced young innocent victims to death that night.... and all they were doing is working their young lives away for minimum wage.... just getting by in life the honest way.  Now maybe I'm old fashion, but shouldn't he too have been sentenced to life.  Even life in prison is too good for this piece of shit and his buddies.  Where's the justice?

When are Canadians going to take their heads out of ____ _____, and demand the courts do what they are being paid a fortune for?  and with Canadian citizen's money no less? 

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »
I remember reading about this last year and hindsight now strikes hard at my wonderment as to why it hasn't been covered on this site. No matter, it's here now and that is a good thing.

I do recall reading somewhere that he'd invested in RIM (Blackberry) through lawyers and/or family but any references aren't easily found now.

If he's so stupid as to return to Nova Scotia, let alone Cape Breton, I am sure he's not going to find the reception to be warm. And I am also sure he doesn't want weblogs of his name cropping up and so this site is a good thing.

Nish

BCID

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
Sorry SAP but I have a full-time job and 3-4 projects on the go. I'll return when I can. Sorry to hear about this horible excuse for a human being benefitting like that. I would rather have him rot the rest of his life away if I had my choice.

rainstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »
Wow,

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 11:55:52 AM »
https://globalnews.ca/news/3263289/mcdonalds-killer-darren-muise-financially-secure-and-living-a-good-life-on-parole-documents/

A fourth victim, Arleen MacNeil, was also shot but survived and was rendered a paraplegic.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 05:42:49 PM »

This is thoroughly disgusting.  Meantime, more likely than not, the victims' families are probably struggling every day just to make ends meet.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 08:40:05 PM »
It was the most horrific time for us in Sydney and the people in Cape Breton and most of our provinces in Canada. It was a nightmare case and we all remember where we were and what we were doing when we found out about this. I will never forget it, because I was working at the court house at the time and remember the day they bought them in. There were crowds outside the court house, yelling and screaming and I can still remember all of that. They should never be able to make one penny and if they did, it should be turned over to the people who were victims of these murders and the ones who were injured. That is my comment on the whole horrible crime. Nobody here will forget, nobody. They even tore the McDonald's restaurant down, where the crime happened. 

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 03:12:30 PM »
I remember it too, Cape, and I agree with you.  It was such a cold-blooded killing and I don't for one minute believe you can rehabilitate people who would commit a crime such as that.  These kids were hard-working and had their whole lives ahead of them.  Robbing the restaurant was bad enough but there was no need for these pieces of sub-human slime to kill them.  None of them should ever have received parole.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 02:22:11 PM »
I totally agree, anyone who commits cold blooded murder should spend the rest of their days behind bars.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 01:57:11 PM »
I wonder if it's at all possible that the victims (family members and the remaining person who is paralyzed plus family) can make a class action lawsuit? The horrific details will be with these people the rest of their lives, and the paralyzed victim will require a lot of specialized equipment in order to try and live as normally as she can. Arleen MacNeil will require specialized equipment in order to maintain as much independence as she can and it does not come cheap.
Years ago I was able to attend a fitting for a paraplegic for a wheelchair where she could spend time without getting skin sores from pressure points and the pieces all came separate. Each little cushion was like 200. dollars and that was around 20 years ago. The cushions were separate from the basic plain chair. They also wear out with time, so more costs and that should not be on the victim who requires this due to no fault of her own. Plus all the other costs incurred for daily living. 

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
I had wondered about that, too, Sap1.  I certainly think it would be well worth their while to seek legal advice on the matter.The victims  would not be entitled to anything under profit from proceeds of crime as that would not apply in the case since the money in question was left to Muise by a relative.  On the other hand, Muise WAS either directly or indirectly responsible for Ms McNeil's crippling injury and should be held accountable for her care. I would think a class action lawsuit could be very much in order.  Certainly no harm in trying in any event.  I hate to see these individuals get off so easily and if Ms NcNeil can be provided with equipment which will make her life a little easier, she should be.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 01:00:49 AM »
They may already have tried RubyRose. I am going to have to reread older articles when I have time but something is niggling at my mind about an inheritance can't be touched in a lawsuit or else the statute of limitations is done. If the victims haven't tried I hope someone directs them to do so.
Ms. McNeil should definitely have all needs met for comfort, such as specialized chair, lifts, etc and should not have to have family pay out of pocket. I doubt Muise learned anything in jail regarding compassion. He sounds like a narcissistic individual regarding his needs. I don't think he ever thought of offering Ms. McNeil some of that money to buy her comforts, which I think anyone else would do (if it was an accident).

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
That could be correct, Sap1.  I know little or nothing regarding laws surrounding inheritances (or much of any other law for that matter) but I am wondering if possibly only the original inheritance might not be able to be touched.  I wonder if any interest, monies acquired through further investment, etc would be subject to the same protection.  Just a thought.  It certainly doesn't seem fair that Muise should be able to sit back in comfort counting his inheritance while Ms McNeil has to daily live with the painful, not to mention emotional, consequences of the cold-blooded actions of Muise and his partners in crime.