Author Topic: McDonald's Murderer Investing Money  (Read 7956 times)

Maureen

• View Profile
McDonald's Murderer Investing Money
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:37:11 PM »
I am so pissed right now....I have been informed by a very reliable source that Darren Muise (who is getting out or is already out of prison for the murder of Neil Burroughs) was left a sum of money by his deceased grandmother. He requested this money be invested (possibly Blackberry). Whatever he invested in someone had to do it for him. He couldn't do it from prison. How could this person live with themselves.

Darren Muise has a girlfriend. What parents would want their daughter with the likes of him. He should still be in prison and only come out in a box.

Neil Burroughs had a family that loved him dearly. His son was only 3 years old when his Dad was brutally taken away from him. Neil didn't see his son's first day of school, graduate or see him when he gets married.

The Burroughs should sue Darren Muise for every penny he has made and if they don't want the money, then give it to a charity.

Why should Darren Muise live a life of leisure when he is a cold blooded killer.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: McDonald's Murderer Investing Money
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »
The piece of shit and his friends sentenced young innocent victims to death that night.... and all they were doing is working their young lives away for minimum wage.... just getting by in life the honest way.  Now maybe I'm old fashion, but shouldn't he too have been sentenced to life.  Even life in prison is too good for this piece of shit and his buddies.  Where's the justice?

When are Canadians going to take their heads out of ____ _____, and demand the courts do what they are being paid a fortune for?  and with Canadian citizen's money no less? 

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »
I remember reading about this last year and hindsight now strikes hard at my wonderment as to why it hasn't been covered on this site. No matter, it's here now and that is a good thing.

I do recall reading somewhere that he'd invested in RIM (Blackberry) through lawyers and/or family but any references aren't easily found now.

If he's so stupid as to return to Nova Scotia, let alone Cape Breton, I am sure he's not going to find the reception to be warm. And I am also sure he doesn't want weblogs of his name cropping up and so this site is a good thing.

Nish

BCID

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
Sorry SAP but I have a full-time job and 3-4 projects on the go. I'll return when I can. Sorry to hear about this horible excuse for a human being benefitting like that. I would rather have him rot the rest of his life away if I had my choice.

rainstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »
Wow,

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 09:32:11 AM »
http://www.cancrime.com/2015/08/11/mcdonalds-murders-mastermind-shows-some-psychopathic-traits/

Court docs at link.

McDonald’s murders mastermind shows “some psychopathic traits”
August 11, 2015 By Rob
Derek WoodThere is a kind of poetic brilliance in the sterile simplicity of written decisions of the Parole Board of Canada. The federal agency has the unenviable task of cataloguing horrors inflicted on society by figures who are both tragic and frightening. Derek Anthony Wood (inset) is one of these – a teenage mastermind of multiple murder. Wood was just 18 years old on May 7, 1992 when he and two accomplices set out to rob the McDonald’s Restaurant where he worked in tiny Sydney River, Nova Scotia. Wood believed, wrongly, that the safe held hundreds of thousands of dollars. The trio slaughtered three restaurant workers –shooting, stabbing and bludgeoning them – and left a fourth permanently disabled. They fled with roughly $2,000 but were soon caught and convicted. Wood, who was convicted of two counts of first-degree murder, appears to have “some psychopathic traits,”  according to the written record of his parole hearing (read document after the jump) convened earlier this year. He was denied any form of release.
The horror of the McDonald’s murders, as they came to be known, is vividly recounted in this thorough story, by writer Mary Ellen MacIntyre, published in 2012 in the Halifax Chronicle Herald, on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the crimes. According to MacIntyre, 20-year-old Arleen MacNeil was the lone survivor, though she was left permanently disabled after being shot in the face. McDonald’s manager Donna Warren, 22, was forced to open the safe, then was shot twice in the head. Neil Burroughs, 29, was shot in the back of the head, then shot twice more, beaten with a shovel and his throat was cut. Jimmy Fagan, 27, was shot in the forehead as he was arriving for work at the fast food outlet.
After 23 years behind bars, Wood appears an empty vessel that has not filled with remorse or guilt. The Parole Board says as much, in one stark paragraph in the four-page written record of his March 31, 2015 parole hearing.
At your hearing, in regard to the murders, you stated that you originated the idea to rob the McDonald’s, your place of work. You advised the Board that you were ignorant and immature and you did not know what would happen. You didn’t see the consequences at the time. The Board considers your inability to express or understand, beyond attitude, immaturity and ignorance, the contributing factors to your criminality, indicates your lack of insight to your criminality.
The Sydney River McDonald's Restaurant was later torn down (Chronicle Herald photo)
The Sydney River McDonald’s Restaurant was later torn down (Chronicle Herald photo)
Wood has not been well behaved in prison. In 2006, he assaulted two correctional officers. In 1998, he assaulted a fellow prisoner with sharpened artist brushes and a toothbrush. He has remained in maximum security, and for long stretches in segregation, during his two-decades-plus incarcerated. Yet he insists he is overclassified and shouldn’t have to follow the correctional plan set for him by his keepers. He went to court in 2013, while he was confined at Kingston Penitentiary, to attempt to overturn Corrections Canada’s insistence in keeping him classified as a maximum-security prisoner. The Federal Court of Canada rejected his claim, in a decision released in 2015 (read it below).
Corrections told the Parole Board that Wood’s “violence is unpredictable and usually occurs with no warning signs.” A psychiatric assessment completed in October 2014 stated that “extreme caution should be exercised” in considering Wood for early release.
That head-shrinking analysis appears to have found, for the first time since the killings in 1992, a simple explanation for Wood’s monstrous actions. An assessment found that Wood appears “to have some psychopathic traits usually found with psychopaths however you do not meet the cut off point.”
One of Wood’s accomplices, Darren Muise, was paroled in 2012. The other killer, Freeman MacNeil, remains in prison.
Here is the written record of the Parole Board of Canada decision from March 2015, denying Wood any form of release from prison:

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 11:55:52 AM »
https://globalnews.ca/news/3263289/mcdonalds-killer-darren-muise-financially-secure-and-living-a-good-life-on-parole-documents/

Parole documents are shedding light on the life that one of the Cape Breton McDonald’s murderers is living while out on parole.

Darren Richard Muise, 43, was one of three people convicted of murdering three employees inside a McDonald’s restaurant in Sydney River, N.S. in May 1992.

Documents say Muise, along with two others – Freeman MacNeil and Derek Wood – decided to rob the restaurant when they were surprised by an employee. Donna Warren, Jimmy Fagan and Neil Burroughs were each fatally shot in the head.

A fourth victim, Arleen MacNeil, was also shot but survived and was rendered a paraplegic.

Muise was 18-years-old at the time of the triple murder. He pleaded guilty to robbery and second-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison with no eligibility of parole for 20-years.

He was later granted full parole in November of 2012.

Parole documents say despite the “extreme irony,” Muise seems “to be living a good life while the victims remain forever irreparably damaged by your crimes.”

Originally, Muise was living in Quebec once released on parole but moved to the lower mainland area of British Columbia in November 2015 to help his common law spouse care for her elderly father.

According to the documents, Muise’s common law spouse and her father are “financially secure” and he does not have to work.

“Your common law spouse is comfortable with the fact that you do not work and you have said your job is to support her,” the documents read.

Under his release plan, Muise must refrain from having any contact with the surviving victim or the victim’s families and isn’t allowed to go to Sydney, N.S. He is not required to report to police and parole records indicate that there has been no drug use for many years.

Parole records show the Muise asked for permission to meet with a friend he met while in prison in Quebec, known only as KB, who is also serving a life sentence but out on parole and living in British Columbia. The pair met up twice before Muise’s case management team (CMT) realized the wording of his release was that he was to “avoid certain persons” and prohibited to have any contact with a person who has a criminal record.

Once the error was discovered, Muise was directed to have no further contact with KB until his conditions were amended. Parole documents say that while Muise’s CMT believes that while a condition is necessary to help them monitor his associates, the wording of avoiding certain persons is “too restrictive.”  Documents say the CMT believes that while it’s important for Muise to avoid any person who has an active criminal record, associating with a person with a historical record like the one KB has should be allowed as long as “it is confirmed the person is pro-social activities.” As a result, the Parole Board of Canada amended his conditions.

McNeil and Wood, the other two men involved in the McDonald’s murders, remain behind bars. Each were convicted of first-degree murder with no eligibility for parole for 25 years.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 05:42:49 PM »

This is thoroughly disgusting.  Meantime, more likely than not, the victims' families are probably struggling every day just to make ends meet.