Author Topic: Kelly "Nichelle" Coleman | Missing | Clearview | January 2012  (Read 15257 times)

G Dinsmore

• View Profile
Re: Kelly "Nichelle" Coleman | Missing | Clearview | January 2012
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »
March 13/14. 
 To:
       "Jelly Bean" & Person who has someone missing from the Wasaga area also.

You were asking if Police had questioned her ex--I imagine they did, but don't know how thoroughly.
  I would have hoped that they could have done a "ground search" on either their old farm or the new one,
  I don't believe this was done.   

He told me he dropped her off at a Tim Horton's in Barrie, but didn't know which one--he told Police he dropped her at a Mac's Convenience Store with her Backpack, $180.00 & a bottle of alcohol.  If I was dropping off my "girlfriend" I would surely know where I had done it.   She called in July or August of 2011 & was excited about the new place & how she wanted to fix it up.   She was coming to Owen Sound to visit my son for the Labour Day Wknd.  (she said "Steve" had to work & wouldn't be around much on that wknd.   She never showed up & never phoned.    That was the last contact we had with her.

You have someone missing from that area too--Penny Warne & you asked me a few questions about Kelly. She was 33 when she disappeared.  Her old farm address was ****. Do not know the cross-roads, etc.   She worked for  a short time at the A&W in Collingwood--the one at the lights as you enter Collingwood from Owen Sound.  Kelly was was on Face Book & did e-mails, but as I don't believe she was on any dating sites.   She was also quite a phone person--would call anytime. She didn't usually carry a purse, per se, just put her things in a back back.  If she even left the farm, she would surely have her cell phone with her.   I simply don't believe the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.   I am not expecting a phone call or card from Kelly on our shared B'day, March 15th. But, I would be overjoyed if I did.  Steve has not returned a call that I made to him last week--he was mad in the first place that I reported her missing. 

I am so sorry you are looking for a loved one too.   It is the not knowing that is the worst, I think. You will be in my thoughts & prayers as the days go along.

Gayle Dinsmore.

**edited to remove address

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:16:08 PM by debbiec »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 08:20:12 PM »
Hi G, thanks for the fast response.

I'm very sorry that you are missing Kelly, too. It is an awful feeling looking for someone that has not been seen or heard from in so long. For what it is worth I think you did the correct thing in reporting her missing. You know her routines and you are familiar with her habits. And, your gut intuition is telling you something.

I can't imagine a loved one or close friend not reporting her missing, or not wanting her reported. That is terribly odd.

Could you clarify something for me. The missing post states that Kelly was last seen in August 2011. But our posting states January 2012. Can you clarify that for us?  I ask because there are a number of locals that go missing in the winter months, but August is a warmer climate, end of summer and end of tourism season when other than locals are in the area.  Do you have any idea of what she may have been wearing, or driving?  Did she walk along the roads and travel by foot a lot? What community does her ex say he left her in? On what day? What time of day? In what shape? (were they arguing? was it a scheduled drop off, or was it sudden from an argument?) And, was that a normal behavior to do?  If she was coming to see your son, was there any jealousy?  Does her Facebook give away any clues as to where her thoughts were, plans, new friendships?

And, did her Facebook tell where she worked? Who was the very last person to talk to her, email her, Facebook her, or that she actually Facebooked, emailed, phoned, etc. I wonder if they pulled her phone records and got her last calls? Obviously they would check her bank records to see if any big withdrawals, bank activity, prescriptions refills, etc. I wish it was closer to the time of her disappearance so we could check out the surveillance videos around the area that she was said to be last dropped off.

I'm assuming you probably checked the area hospital listings, her doctor's offices, dentist office, shelters, bus, rail, and food banks.

I feel for you, and I'm sorry you are missing your friend. Happy birthday to you (and Kelly) in two days. Keep up the faith.

G Dinsmore

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 07:03:42 PM »

My son & I did not hear from Kelly since the day she called & said she was coming to Owen Sound for the
week-end--that was during the last week of August.    Since she was/is an adult, etc. & her boyfriend said she;d
likely be back, I had a hard time getting the Police to list her as a Missing Person.   This went on for months
until they finally decided (I assume after some investigation into her personal affairs (bank, e-mail, & all
that goes with that) The year was 2011.   I really don't have any details of the time her boy friend said he
dropped her off.   I do assume though, her phone calls & face book acct. was checked.   When an investigator
from the OPP investigative Unit came to interview me & my son & one other friend of hers, he could not or
would not give me any details.  Technically, I am "not family" so they said.    However, I am still down as a person
they should call if there is any development.

Thanks for the B'day wishes.   It would be wonderful if I could wish Kelly the best on her B'day.    On Monday
I am going to contact the new Investigator, Rene Bazinet, and ask is there has been any leads at all.   

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »

March 13/14. 
 To:
       "Jelly Bean" & Person who has someone missing from the Wasaga area also.

You were asking if Police had questioned her ex--I imagine they did, but don't know how thoroughly. I would have hoped that they could have done a "ground search" on either their old farm or the new one, I don't believe this was done. He told me he dropped her off at a Tim Horton's in Barrie, but didn't know which one--he told Police he dropped her at a Mac's Convenience Store with her Backpack, $180.00 & a bottle of alcohol.  If I was dropping off my "girlfriend" I would surely know where I had done it.   She called in July or August of 2011 & was excited about the new place & how she wanted to fix it up.   She was coming to Owen Sound to visit my son for the Labour Day Wknd.  (she said "Steve" had to work & wouldn't be around much on that wknd.   She never showed up & never phoned.    That was the last contact we had with her.

You have someone missing from that area too--Penny Warne & you asked me a few questions about Kelly. She was 33 when she disappeared.  Her old farm address was ****. Do not know the cross-roads, etc.   She worked for a short time at the A&W in Collingwood--the one at the lights as you enter Collingwood from Owen Sound.  Kelly was was on Face Book & did e-mails, but as I don't believe she was on any dating sites.   She was also quite a phone person--would call anytime. She didn't usually carry a purse, per se, just put her things in a back back.  If she even left the farm, she would surely have her cell phone with her.   I simply don't believe the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.   I am not expecting a phone call or card from Kelly on our shared B'day, March 15th. But, I would be  overjoyed if I did.  Steve has not returned a call that I made to him last week--he was mad
in the first place that I reported her missing. 

I am so sorry you are looking for a loved one too.   It is the not knowing that is the worst, I think.  You will be in my thoughts & prayers as the days go along.

Gayle Dinsmore.

Well Gayle, the police obviously don't have any physical evidence to prove that Kelly was  a homicide victim.
At this time, if I am correct, she is still in the category of 'MISSING". 

Someone who knew her, has to push to have the cops going into another direction.

You are right, in your assumptions.

Have the police interviewed you? If not, do you have confidence in bringing this matter to law enforcement's attention?  This is crucial information, in my opinion.
Jellybean.

**edited to remove address from quote.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:21:06 PM by debbiec »

G Dinsmore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »

Sept. 9, 2014.

Not a word from anyone about Kelly so it does not look like I will ever talk with her again.   I would really like to
do something to help find her, but am at a loss as to what would be of any benefit.   I am sure that the OPP
still have her on their radar   As I have stated before, Kelly's boyfriend at the time, Steve, has never once
answered my phone calls or called me for anything.   Previously, when they would have had an argument, he
would call & carry on quite a long conversation sometimes.    I know he is angry that I filed a Missing Persons
Report--but why.

If I knew what happened, I might have some peace of mind.   Still miss her and all that she brought to our
lives.   I will keep hoping & praying.

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 12:23:05 PM »
I just reread many of the posts so she really went missing August 2011? Did not show up for labour day wknd as planned.

Gayle, I'm curious is the biological father looking and asking about her? Is he in the area? What has he told his son? Why did he not report her missing if she stopped calling and seeing her son? How old is her son?

When did the bio father last see her, what plans did she share with him? Is he surprised she had disappeared or felt it was within her character to do so?

Did she have a bank account? Has it been accessed? If yes electronically or physically at a bank or ATM or store?

Also the "ex" boyfriend, why ex, did they break up before she lost contact with family and friends?

If he did drop her off with a duffle bag and back pack, when was that? Was it for the Sept long wknd? If she had many of her belongings and liquor - it appears a trip was in mind? Or did they break up and he kicked her out of the home.  Wonder what the exbf children know, how old are they?

Sorry lots of questions, if you have answers to share, thank you.

Best Regards,
Logical

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 09:09:19 PM »
G Dins,

It's painful looking, and hoping; wishing and praying; and not knowing what to do that might be helpful. I know when we were looking for Penny, my wish became more of just wanting to know she didn't need to be found. I guess we were lucky that way, we were able to find our answer and know she was in peace. I'm so thankful for that, and I hope you too get the resolve you so wonderfully hope for, another shared birthday, renewed friendship and health and happiness.

As far as things to do, you could make fliers and send them to all the hospitals and long-term care facilities. Try the food shelters, registering her with the Red Cross, and homeless shelters. Sometimes someone gets hurt and doesn't know who they are. Sometimes people are sick and not able to assist. Some may have hit a low point and have low self-worth and try not to burden others. Some get mixed up with the wrong crowd and don't see the light of day. In these cases maybe send a note around where they are most likely to see her and see if anyone recognizes the person. Could they post the flier in a main corridor or in their newsletter.

Did Nichelle ever go to church? Check out the churches of the denomination she would go to. Did she ever visit her "favorite" place - where was that and when was she most likely there? Perhaps visit around that same time. People have habits, especially around the holidays. Or, sometimes they like something like a particular chocolate, or a favorite ice cream place. Let the owners know you are looking for her and ask that they keep an eye out for her. If they ever see her, call you immediately.

Things like that. You don't have to do them all at once, but maybe write or visit five places every two weeks. You will feel good that you are doing something and have options to try. Just some ideas.

As always, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Concerned

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 02:30:51 PM »
preliminary search at Townley property is complete."

The OPP used dog teams, the Emergency Response Team and heavy equipment to search the property on Towney Street in Nottawa where Kelly Coleman was living when she vanished.

Police say the 34-year old Nottawa woman was last seen in Barrie in August 2011.

OPP said the case is classified as suspicious.

"Several items have been identified and are awaiting further examination," Lesage said of the search, which was launched on Nov. 25.

Coleman's disappearance is now profiled on a billboard recently erected along Highway 26 between Wasaga Beach and Collingwood.

Police say the billboard should serve as a reminder that the missing person investigation is active, ongoing and will continue until officers can confirm Coleman's whereabouts.

It's hoped the billboard will help jog someone's memory and witnesses will come forward with information to help solve Coleman's disappearance.

The exact date she vanished is unclear. 

Her family reported Coleman missing in April 2012 and said that she was last seen in January of that year.

Lesage tells BarrieToday.com that the property will be "re-visited as required."

https://www.barrietoday.com/local-news/preliminary-property-search-for-kelly-coleman-complete-82584

Search for Kelly Coleman continueshttp://www.theenterprisebulletin.com/2015/12/13/search-for-kelly-coleman-continues

New search launched for Kelly Colemanhttp://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2015/11/25/new-search-launched-for-kelly-coleman

OPP continue search for Kelly Coleman last seen in 2011http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/opp-continue-search-for-kelly-coleman-last-seen-in-2011-1.2663016#
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:38:46 PM by Concerned »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2015, 07:35:07 AM »
A reward should be posted....I bet someone would talk, then.
Money is tight for a lot of people.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 11:56:31 AM »
I wonder what became of the items found that are awaiting further examination.  My thoughts are with the family and friends in finding Kelly.

Police say the 34-year old Nottawa woman was last seen in Barrie in August 2011.

OPP said the case is classified as suspicious.

"Several items have been identified and are awaiting further examination," Lesage said of the search, which was launched on Nov. 25.

Coleman's disappearance is now profiled on a billboard recently erected along Highway 26 between Wasaga Beach and Collingwood.

Police say the billboard should serve as a reminder that the missing person investigation is active, ongoing and will continue until officers can confirm Coleman's whereabouts.

It's hoped the billboard will help jog someone's memory and witnesses will come forward with information to help solve Coleman's disappearance.

The exact date she vanished is unclear. 

Her family reported Coleman missing in April 2012 and said that she was last seen in January of that year.

Lesage tells BarrieToday.com that the property will be "re-visited as required."

https://www.barrietoday.com/local-news/preliminary-property-search-for-kelly-coleman-complete-82584