Author Topic: Kelly "Nichelle" Coleman | Missing | Clearview | January 2012  (Read 15256 times)

soccermom

Re: Kelly "Nichelle" Coleman | Missing | Clearview | January 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »
Concerned --
thanks for creating this thread. I haven't heard much about this case. Perhaps if we knew more about who Kelly Coleman is there could be more help.... All I could find on her case is this somewhat vague update, indicating Kelly might (voluntarily?) be in NS:

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/local/ac/ontario_woman_missing_since_january_might_be_in_ns/c79d49db

"Ontario woman missing since January might be in N.S.

19/04/2012 3:38:31 PM

CTV Atlantic
Police in Ontario are trying to track down a 34-year-old woman who may be in Nova Scotia. Kelly Coleman of Clearview Township, located just outside Barrie, has not been seen nor heard from since early January.
Kelly Coleman of Clearview Township, located just outside Barrie, has not been seen nor heard from since early January.
Police say Coleman, who also goes by the name of Nichelle, has health concerns and her family and friends are worried about her wellbeing.

Police have reason to believe Coleman may be in Nova Scotia, particularly in urban areas, because she has connections with people there.
Coleman is described as a white woman with straight, long, brown hair and green eyes. She is roughly five-foot-four inches and weighs about 135 pounds.
The Huronia West police detachment released a statement Thursday asking for assistance in locating the woman.

Anyone with information on Coleman's whereabouts is being asked to call Huronia West OPP at 705-429-3575."

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »
There is another image of Ms. Coleman on this updated story. Her hair is shoulder length.
http://www.simcoe.com/news/news/article/1491037

This was brought up on the Penny Warne thread. I thought I would place it here as well, since Kelly is also listed as missing from the area.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2012/08/06/collingwood-man-81-charged-with-kidnapping-and-assault
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:09:24 AM by Concerned »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:07:48 PM »
I've posted Kelly's picture below. Someone reading here may recognize her.

click to enlarge.

First picture is a new photo of Kelly.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
Thanks for posting the pic, Deb. It sure looks like one picture is about 10 years earlier than the other. It helps though to see her hair down.

G Dinsmore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 10:36:39 AM »

I am the person who originally reported Kelly Coleman missing.    She stayed with me for two years
   while she was in Owen Sound, Ont.   She got her son most week-ends & he came to stay during the
   summer holidays.    Kelly & my son were very good friends.    She used to call him a lot, she'd come
   & stay for a few days after she moved to Wasaga Beach.    She was always on Face Book too.   She
   & I share the same Birth date & she always called, sent a card or came over.   The notion that she
   may have gone to Nova Scotia was initiated by her ex-boyfriend.    It is crazy.    Even, if perchance
   she did just leave, she would certainly have been in touch with her son, my son, or myself.    Personally,
   I think the worst has happened.   I have theories, but that doesn't help much.   I am listed as a person
   to contact if any body is found resembling Kelly's stature.   I have received two such calls, but it was
   not her.   Her ex-boyfriend has changed his number & before that would not take our calls, since we
   reported her missing & involved the Police.   Her son is living with his natural father & step-mother.
   I know for a sure fact that she would not just leave on her own accord.     

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 10:43:47 AM »
What are the health concerns that are mentioned in the news articles? Even  if mental health, agreed that she would not suddenly abandon her son.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 01:17:20 PM »
G Dinsmore:  Thank you very much for your post. I am sorry that your friend disappeared.  It is wonderful of you to have your name down at the police station as a contact person for her.
Are the police still working on her disappearance, or do they still believe that she went to NS on her own?

JB

G Dinsmore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »
  Re:  Kelly Coleman

There hasn't been a scintilla of evidence that Kelly went to Nova Scotia.    Don't know why her ex would even say
that.   Kelly had a tough time growing up--mother died when she was around l3--didn't see much of her father.
She has a brother & sister, but over the years, their contact has been very sporadic.

As far as her Mental Health is concerned, she suffered from the usual maladies.   She was sometimes depressed, but not deeply.   She drank too much on occasions which in turn led to anger issues, etc.
but not deeply.  She drank too much on occasions, which in turn led to anger issues, etc.   I would say she wasn't
nearly mentally messed as a lot of us.   I truly believed she just wanted to feel love.   That is why she was happy
with her ex-boyfriend for all those years.  He had kids from a previous marriage, so they & Kelly's son spent
good times together.   She was glad to have a family.   As I said before, she would never voluntarily leave her
son!  If she was alive, she would have contacted one of us--she knew we loved her & our door was always
open.   We miss her hugs & laughter. 

discus

• View Profile

G Dinsmore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 11:51:20 AM »

Feb.27, 2014.

No word from anyone on Kelly's disappearance.   Her birthday is March l5th, the same day as mine, &
              always got a card & phone call from her on that date.   She seems to have vanished into thin air and
              I have no idea what else I can do.   Am going to contact the Detective at the Huronia District OPP
              after the birthday--just to check in & see if there have been any developments.   It certainly looks like
              the worst has happened & we will never see or hear from Kelly again.   Her "ex" who was once very
              friendly to my son and I, has never once contacted me since I filed the Missing Person Report.

Still, I keep her in my prayers.              Gayle Dinsmore   

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »
Missing Penny Warne is also from Wasaga Beach.
G. Dinsmore - it could make her ex look like a possible suspect, since he will not speak to you or other members of your family.
Such a sudden change!!
I imagine the police have questioned him??
JB
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:26:30 PM by jellybean »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
Hi G. Dinsmore

I have a loved one missing from the area, Penny Warne, and am trying to piece together some of the information on some of the disappearances in the area.

Do you know the exact date of Kelly's disappearance? Or last seen?
And did she live in Clearview, or Wasaga Beach?
If Wasaga Beach, do we know what cross roads?
What age was Kelly at the time of disappearance?
Was anything missing when she disappeared? Did she have her phone, her coat, her purse, her car? Or were they left behind?
Did she participate in internet dating sites?
I'm trying to put some facts together on some of the disappearances in the area. This would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.
Concerned

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 09:16:17 PM »
Here is the Missing-u.ca information on Kelly Coleman:

Kelly COLEMAN, age 34, suffers from health-related issues. She was last seen in Barrie, Ontario in August 2011 and has not had contact with her family or friends since January 3, 2012. Family and friends are concerned for her well-being and are requesting assistance from anyone who may have had any contact with her.
Case #   20120020OPP
Name   Kelly Nichelle COLEMAN
Alias   Nichelle COLEMAN
Date Last Seen   03 Aug 2011
Age At Last Seen   34
Date of Birth   15 Mar 1978
Sex   Female
Race   Caucasian
Height (cm)   160 - 165
Height (Imp.)   5 ft 2 - 5 ft 5
Weight (kgs.)   63.75 -
Weight (lbs.)   140 -
Build   Medium
Dentition   Dentures
Hair   Brown; Long Straight
Beard   
Moustache   
Sideburns   
Facial Hair (Desc.)   
Eye Colour   Green
Eyewear   
Eyewear Description   
Features   Tattoo, Lower Back, flower and "Riley", Tattoo, Back Neck, "Riley", Tattoo, Ankle Left Leg, clover and heart, Tattoo, Ankle Right Leg, angel
Clothing   n/a
Personal Property   Green duffle bag and Black/Grey/White backpack
Location   Barrie, ON; Mapleview Dr. near Mac's Convenience.
Agency   Huronia West OPP
CONTACT US

1-877-9FIND ME (1-877-934-6363) Toll Free in Canada or
email us at Tips or at opp.isb.resolve@ontario.ca
(705) 330-4144 for local or outside of Canada
A reward may be offered for information leading to the successful resolution of this case.