Author Topic: Victoria "Tori" Stafford - 8 - Murdered April 8, 2009 Woodstock, On - Part 2  (Read 118391 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
I have posted three more links to news items re the trial.  Posters let me know if you want me to keep posting these updates or no.  Debbie what do you think keep posting the updates in the trial or what?  Let me know what yous want. 

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews?TopVideo=2

http://live.citynews.ca/Event/Francis_DSouza_and_Cynthia_Mulligan_are_live_in_London_Ont

this last one is Tori's Dad
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/videos/191741

Meg

• View Profile
I couldn't agree more.  The death penalty should be brought back - it will be 50 years this year since two men were hanged - December 11, 1962.  In that time, we've found out the hard way that there is no such thing as a 'rehabilitated killer' and a 'life sentence' is not for life. Can't even imagine Rafferty ever being released - to kill again. [/font

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

I read your updates Eyes, and thank you very much. Very thoughtful of you to keep track of the updates during the past two days.  It is appreciated. :)

JB

rainstorm

• View Profile
Thanks eyes  :)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
I am happy to do it, and will keep posting the updates as they come .  We have been forwarned that it may get graphic as the trial goes on.  But it is the facts of what was done to this poor innocent child, my she rest in peace.  And justice be served.

D1

• View Profile
This one link in particular that you gave EWO gives a good running update on the procedures and has a multiple page function at the bottom. You can go through all the pages or just skip to the latest.
http://live.citynews.ca/Event/Francis_DSouza_and_Cynthia_Mulligan_are_live_in_London_Ont
It is going to be fairly long and there is going to be a lot more to come. This will get very long to read if everything said in or written about the trial is posted. I suppose it is even tougher to summarize the important points though, everyone has a different take on what is of importance.

I have learned a few things here already, what gets said back in the early stages of an investigation by Police and press, are not necessarily true. Some things are said and done for public perceptions only. Remember the garbage dump search? Remember the Police focus on Tori's mother? Remember the cop with the gut feeling working on his own time accidentally finding Tory's remains, etc.. All the while MR blackberry is being monitored, he is visiting McLintock in jail etc.. Whew, some cat and mouse stuff..

We had speculated about much of that but you never really get the inside scoop on any case until there is a trial. Anytime there is one, we learn and better understand tactics and procedure. For the most part we really only need to know that they got the right persons, that it was done as timely as possible and that there were no others involved. I'd be fine without capital punishment if life were really life for some, but we are going to have to start making some more noise to get there....

D1

• View Profile
Last nights national news showed a video clip of M.R. car circling Tori's school. The video quality was much better than that previously shown and left little doubt as to make and model. 

capeheart

• View Profile
D1,  yes, I saw that, he kept circling and going around. So this was premeditated murder and nothing less. He circled like an alligator, waiting to snatch up it's prey. This is cold blooded premeditated murder, in broad daylight. So evil, it is hard to comprehend how people that look normal, could be full of such evil. I hope and pray that that this evil monster pays for this crime against Tori.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

D1

• View Profile
#Rafferty - officer also testified Terry-Lynn McClintic was a suspect 4 days after Tori vanished. "She was on radar."
by citycynthia via twitter 3/7/2012 10:17:43 PM 2:17 PM

tara met teri lynn McClintic, under the influence, not sure if she knew she was there.
by citycynthia via twitter 3/7/2012 7:28:28 PM 11:28 AM
#Rafferty - tara says her boyfriend purchased the oxy from McClintic's mother. She was present

tara says she went to McClintic's on 2 occasions to purchase oxycontin
by citycynthia via twitter 3/7/2012 7:25:54 PM 11:25 AM
#Rafferty - says she knew mcclintic. First time met her end of Jan before abduction

#Rafferty - crown done. Cross exam now. Defense asks her to confirm she had taken oxycontin that day. Tara says yes.
by citycynthia via twitter 3/7/2012 7:53:54 PM 11:53 AM
Permalink#Rafferty - addresses rumors - tara says she didn't owe anyone money for drugs. Her boyfriend had "ripped someone off" oxycontin. Worth 400

A few quotes from link EWO posted earlier. Police claim they have collected 1100 exhibits.

rainstorm

• View Profile
Right with you there in that thought cape. Demented

D1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:37:20 PM by D1 »

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
I wonder how the people who publicly crucified that woman felt after the other two were arrested.

capeheart

• View Profile
I believe they came forward, some people did and apologised for their behaviour. I guess she was a victim of circumstances and it has happened before when a crime was committed. Sometimes a person served a lot of years and they had no involvement. So glad that did not happen here. This has to be so hard and emotional for the family. :o :o :o :o