Author Topic: Vanessa Fotheringham, Missing, London Ontario  (Read 31429 times)

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:59:20 PM by Sunshine31 »

Sunshine31

• View Profile
Re: Vanessa Fotheringham, Missing, London Ontario
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:55:04 PM »
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:46:06 PM by debbiec »

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:58:32 PM »
Vanessa Fotheringham, 24 years old, Missing from London Ontario.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:00:07 AM »
Seeing this posting sunshine is the first I have heard of Vanessa being missing .  Has there been any updates of any kiind.   Does any one know where she was going last time she was seen or heard from?  And bits may help.  Have yous tryed getting the media more involved.  Perhaps putting a piece in the page and asking for more volunteers to help with a search, as well as posters up will help. 

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:05:54 PM »
The helicopters were out in London two days ago and they asked residents of the east end and outskirts to scour their yards for anything out of the ordinary.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:37:44 PM »
sunshine , do you know this girl?  I am wonder last seeen in the area of oxford st , sounds like she was walking down the st or something??? may have in regards to the car?  Everything is so sketchy.  Does any one know when the last verifiable time she was actually seen?? or any concrete details to work from? Or even what type of girl was she , quiet, or out going etc, did she work or no?  any info would be helpful.

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
Eyeswideopen, I do not know Vanessa personally. I have read the articles in the free press to which I have posted the links. She has a little girl (who is staying with her parents right now) and it is not like her to not keep in contact with family and friends. She has not been heard from since Feb 16. These days most teenagers and young adults have cell phones and they are usually constantly using them so I can see how the family and friends must be just sick with worry. I hope Vanessa turns up safely. I put her information on this site in order to help spread the word that she is missing. I only first heard of her missing the other day, through the London Free Press article. There has not been very much coverage regarding Vanessa.

soccermom

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »
I'm sorry I can't seem to embed the picture of the vehicle that Vanessa is believed to have entered (it has been described as a grey 2002 Saturn Vue). You can see pics of it at http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2012/03/05/19460461.html and in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyhoji2wyq8

Mods, if you can post a pic of the vehicle, perhaps it could jog someone's memory who reads here........

soccermom

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
There is apparently an informal search (I saw it on the youtube video; the search is organized by one of Vanessa's friends) scheduled for London this Sunday at Oxford and Quebec outside Sam's Food at 1 pm. I hope the searchers will have police support, since the suggestion is that folks will be going door-to-door in the area, which may not be fully safe -- even if there is a good group turnout.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »
Friend seeks missing woman
MISSING LONDONER

By SCOTT TAYLOR, THE LONDON FREE PRESS

Last Updated: March 19, 2012 7:47am

Julianne Atchison led a group of four Sunday up and down the streets on the city's east side, where Fotheringham was last seen, handing out posters door to door in hopes someone would recognize the photo of the missing woman.

Police say Fotheringham, a mother of a four-year-old daughter, was last seen near Oxford and Quebec streets Feb. 16.

"Once I saw that she was missing and that there wasn't a lot of effort put out right away about her disappearance and trying to find her, I decided to take control and get the word out there. I want to find her as much as anyone else," Atchison said.

That awareness, she added, will help police find her friend.

"Not everybody reads the paper or has time to watch the news, so let's get it out there, let's get people watching for her and hopefully if somebody knows something they'll come forward."

She described Fotheringham as a fun, outgoing person, who would do anything she could for anyone.

Police have linked her disappearance with a silver Saturn Vue SUV with black rims, though they haven't identified the driver as a suspect.

I do worry, I'm a worry wart, but I'm still hopeful she'll turn up," Atchison said.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2012/03/19/19520496.html

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 03:32:12 PM »
Police have linked her disappearance with a silver Saturn Vue SUV with black rims, though they haven't identified the driver as a suspect. Similar vehicle pictured below.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »
The London Police Service Listing

Missing Person - Vanessa Fotheringham
Monday February 27, 2012

The London Police are requesting the public's assistance in locating 24-year-old Vanessa Fotheringham. Vanessa Fotheringham was last seen on Thursday, February 16, 2012, in the City of London.

Vanessa Fotheringham (1987-7-15) is described as:

 Female white
 5'3" (160 cm)
 110 lbs (50kg)
 long brown hair
 brown eyes

Police and family are concerned for Fotheringham's welfare.

Anyone with information about Vanessa Fotheringham is asked to contact the London Police Service at 519-661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. Tips can also be provided online at www.londoncrimestoppers.com.

http://www.police.london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Newsroom/2012087.htm

Missing Person - Vanessa Fotheringham - Update2
Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The London Police Service is continuing the investigation into the disappearance of Vanessa Fotheringham. Vanessa Fotheringham was last seen in the Oxford St E and Quebec St area of London on the evening of February 16, 2012. The R.C.M.P. is assisting the investigation by providing the services of a helicopter to do an aerial search today, concentrating in the east end of London and outskirts of London to the east. The London Police Service is also requesting residents of East London to check their properties for anything out of place such as discarded clothing.

Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to call the London Police Service at (519) 661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Information can also be sent in on-line anonymously to www.londoncrimestoppers.com.

http://www.police.london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Newsroom/2012108.htm

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 06:24:19 PM »
Quite a while to be missing with no contacts. I do hope there is positive news soon on Vaness's whereabouts. :o :o :o :o

unicorndancing

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 06:35:20 AM »
It would make sense to see if her cell phone has been active recently.  That would be a good starting point.

soccermom

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »
Why is there such utter silence about Vanessa in the media? She is a mother, daughter, friend to people who must be missing her wildly. Does anyone else remembering reading (in some kind of "reliable" news story) that police had located the vehicle (and driver?) last linked to her disappearance .... the grey Saturn Vue? I was sure I had read somewhere that the vehicle had been located and that its connection to her disappearance was no longer considered.... But I have been searching and searching and can't find ANY such reference. Am I misremembering? I would like to hear more about how/why that vehicle had been under consideration, and how/why released from that consideration, IF indeed I did read of that somewhere.....