Author Topic: Vanessa Fotheringham, Missing, London Ontario  (Read 30091 times)

chickapey

• View Profile
Re: Vanessa Fotheringham, Missing, London Ontario
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 05:09:04 AM »
I was wondering the same thing, Soccermom - especially with the recent disappearances of two other young people (both of them were found safe) It should have brought up more discussion in the media about Vanessa.

soccermom

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »
Yes, Chickapey....
If Vanessa didn't leave willingly (and I'm not sure if LE thinks it has an answer on that) time is of the utmost importance. This young mother's image should be posted everywhere so that we can bring her home safely.... It's always better to err on the side of caution than regret. WHY aren't we hearing more?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
I have a feeling the police may not be giving certain details in this case. I believe they may have an idea of who owns the car they are looking for. Maybe this is why it is quiet around the information about Vanessa. :o :o :o :o :o

soccermom

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »
I hope you're right, Cape. But then again, almost 2 summers ago the police found humain remains in Southwold (which I understand is fairly close to London) and yet I haven't been able to find ANY update on that all this time later. I was sure I had read somewhere that the driver & SUV (vue) had been located in Vanessa's case, and now I can't even find that. Anyway --
I'm hoping that there will be some good news for Vanessa and her family soon. But as more time passes, the less likely that seems.  It just seems like the public could be of more help if more info could be shared! Again, Cape, I'm crossing my fingers that LE is more on top of this than I worry. I don't mean to malign LE; I know there's a lot of good and hard work being done. I'm just not sure how well resourced this area is.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:12:07 PM by soccermom »

kathybarnes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »
i don't have access to youtube where i work. do you mind posting a summary of these videos you posted? thanks!

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:34 PM »
MISSING PERSON - Vanessa Fotheringham
London Police continue to investigate the disappearance of 24-year-old Vanessa
Fotheringham. Police are appealing to the public in locating Vanessa who was last seen Thursday, February 16, 2012, in London.

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »
Nearly a month has passed and no one has seen or heard from Vanessa Fotheringham. Friends of the 24 year old Londoner are hoping to rally the community to help and try to find the missing woman. Celine Moreau has the details.

soccermom

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »
Such deafening silence for this young mother! With so little media attention, so little reminder that Vanessa is still missing, it becomes harder and harder to imagine the public can help to bring her home. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. I  pray that Vanessa will be found safe. Bu why aren't we hearing more, to help? Even if LE has some specific theories that can explain this lack of attention, on the chance they may be mistaken there should be more awareness brought to Vanessa's community and broader.

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
Just noticing some similarities; Rosalind Dutrizac, 20 yrs. and is also, 5'3", 125 lbs. Also has long brown hair and big brown eyes.  I do hope that these women are found soon.

ScottatLFPress

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm the crime reporter for the Free Press and I'm as frustrated as anyone about the lack of news in this case. I'd love to keep Vanessa's name and photo front and centre, but few others connected to her seem to want that, including her friends and family. When it comes right down to it, and for whatever reason, it's their right.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »
We'll continue doing what we can to keep Vanessa's name and face in the public eye.

I've re-posted the information from the London Police Service site.

Missing Person - Vanessa Fotheringham
Monday February 27, 2012

The London Police are requesting the public's assistance in locating 24-year-old Vanessa Fotheringham. Vanessa Fotheringham was last seen on Thursday, February 16, 2012, in the City of London.

Vanessa Fotheringham (1987-7-15) is described as:

 Female white
 5'3" (160 cm)
 110 lbs (50kg)
 long brown hair
 brown eyes

Police and family are concerned for Fotheringham's welfare.

Anyone with information about Vanessa Fotheringham is asked to contact the London Police Service at 519-661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. Tips can also be provided online at www.londoncrimestoppers.com.

http://www.police.london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Newsroom/Missing_Persons.htm

Police have linked her disappearance with a silver Saturn Vue SUV with black rims, though they haven't identified the driver as a suspect. Similar vehicle pictured below.

soccermom

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »
Thanks for that, DebbieC.

ScottatLFPress: we also haven't heard ANYTHING about the remains found in Southwold last spring. Do you know anything -- gender, approx age, how long those remains may have rested there? Whether or not the cause is suspicious? There's a thread here for that lost person, as well -- but we seem to have no word from LE OR media. It would be good to give the public some info, and hopefully some closure, if grim, to a family who may have been searching some time for a loved one. Sorry. I know this is Vanessa's thread and I don't mean to take space here for the other thread. But what does tie these stories together is the silence about both.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »
Re:  Remains found in Southwold: It is not Vanessa Fotheringham

Body Found Southwest of London Not That of Missing 24-Year-Old
AM980 News

6/19/2012

Middlesex OPP have confirmed remains found along the Thames River near Delaware over the weekend are not those of a missing London woman.

24-year-old Vanessa Fotheringham has not been seen since February, and Police consider her disappearance suspicious.

The discovery of human remains early Saturday afternoon, just southwest of the city, raised concern the body may be hers, but Police say that's not the case.

The remains have yet to be publicly identified, as officials say an autopsy is still being conducted.

More information could be released on Wednesday.

The discovery was reported to Police around 1 p.m. Saturday after remains were noticed by members of the public along the Thames River near Delaware.

Officers with the Middlesex OPP crime unit, along with OPP emergency response team officers, and forensic identification officers responded to the scene, and remained at the scene for several hours.

Few other details have been released.

Police won't comment on how long the body may have been in the water.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »
[quote author=ScottatLFPress)
Hi everyone. I'm the crime reporter for the Free Press and I'm as frustrated as anyone about the lack of news in this case. I'd love to keep Vanessa's name and photo front and centre, but few others connected to her seem to want that, including her friends and family. When it comes right down to it, and for whatever reason, it's their right.
[/quote]

Hi Scott,

Have you checked with Vanessa's friends on the facebook site "Missing Person: Vanessa Fotheringham"?  Julie Atchison, the site creator is still actively posting, and there appears to be a few other friends who have made themselves known.

I should warn you that there are a few guys on this FB page who like to immerse themselves in various London unsolved murder cases, from what I hear. 

HF