Author Topic: Belinda Vivian McKay - 38 - Murdered - March 9, 2012 - Winnipeg, Manitoba  (Read 2501 times)

rebelgirl

• Reaching Everyone By Exposing Lies
    • View Profile
I searched this before I posted and did not find anything so I'm posting now...If I am wrong and this is in another place I apologize.

Updated: Sat Mar. 10 2012 15:16:22

ctvwinnipeg.ca

Winnipeg police are investigating after a 38-year-old woman was found dead in an apartment building on Edmonton Street Friday night.

Around 8:00 p.m. officers went to an apartment building in the 400 block of Edmonton, after receiving a call that a dead body had been found, said police.

The deceased woman had injuries to her upper body, police said. Police are waiting on the results of an autopsy to confirm the cause of the woman's death.

Police have not released the identity of the victim, and officers are still working to notify the woman's family.

The homicide unit is investigating, and no arrests have been made.

Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at 986-6508 or Crime Stoppers at 786-8477.

Updated: Sun Mar. 11 2012 16:44:06

ctvwinnipeg.ca

The family of the city's latest homicide victim has identified her as 38-year-old Belinda Vivian McKay.

Winnipeg police confirmed it was McKay's body that was found in an apartment building on Edmonton Street Friday evening.

McKay's family said she was a mother of two young children who had been living in Winnipeg since last spring. McKay's uncle said she moved here from Cross Lake for medical reasons for her son. He believes she was living with her boyfriend prior to her death.

McKay was found dead with serious upper body injuries, but the official cause of death has not been released yet, pending an autopsy, police said.

Members of the homicide unit are continuing to investigate and no arrests have been made.

Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at 986-6508 or Crime Stoppers at 786-8477.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:26:31 AM by rebelgirl »

2soccermom

Arrest and conviction:
Belinda McKay's boyfriend confessed and has been sentenced. Details from http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/08/19/it-was-crack--it-wasnt-me

"Lenny Keam says he was in the grip of a three-day crack binge when he stabbed his girlfriend Belinda McKay to death, left her young son in their apartment and stole her bank card to continue drinking at a bar.

'It was crack that got me into that situation that night; it wasn't me, it was a different guy,' Keam told a court filled with McKay's family members and friends Tuesday.

Keam, 30, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for the March 9, 2012 killing and was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 13 years"

rsbm