Author Topic: Kevin FARREN - Murdered - March 9, 2012 - Dartmouth, NS  (Read 7141 times)

rebelgirl

• Reaching Everyone By Exposing Lies
    • View Profile
Kevin FARREN - Murdered - March 9, 2012 - Dartmouth, NS
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »
Published: March 10, 2012 1:27 p.m.
Last modified: March 10, 2012 1:31 p.m.

Police say the death of a man whose body was found in a Dartmouth home Friday has been ruled a homicide.

Around 2:30 a.m., officers responded to a home on Havenbrook Hill in the Portland Estates subdivision and found the victim.

Two men were taken into custody about an hour later but have since been released without charges.

Police say an autopsy was conducted Saturday and as a result, the death has been ruled a homicide.

The victim's name has not yet been released and police are continuing to investigate.

rebelgirl

• Reaching Everyone By Exposing Lies
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin FARREN - Murdered - March 9, 2012 - Dartmouth, NS
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:14:59 PM »
Dartmouth death ruled homicide
Police still investigating the scene

CBC News
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 4:41 PM AT
Last Updated: Mar 10, 2012 5:39 PM AT

Halifax Regional Police are calling the death of a Dartmouth man a homicide.

On Friday morning at 2:26 a.m. police responded to a call at 56 Havenbrook Hill in the Portland Hills subdivision and found a dead male at the scene. At the time they described the death as suspicious.

"We did have ground search and rescue assist us yesterday in looking for evidence; however, they completed their search last night," said Halifax Regional Police spokeswoman Theresa Rath.

"We still have forensic identification officers on scene," Rath said.

"They are processing the scene inside the house today and we expect that we will continue to be there into today and possibly tomorrow."

On Friday at approximately 3:30 a.m., police took two men into custody. The men have since been released without charges.

An autopsy was also conducted Saturday and the cause of death has been ruled a homicide, police said in a release.

The victim’s name will be withheld pending official identification and the notification of next of kin.

Neighbours told CBC News a father and son lived in the home and had just moved there over the summer. They had previously lived on the same street a few houses away, neighbours said.

People in the neighbourhood have been co-operative with police, Rath said.

According to online property records, the home is registered to Mohammad Rashidi.

A friend of the family told CBC News Mohammad Rashidi is currently in Dubai, while his son — Davood Rashidi — was staying in the home.

Mohammed Rashidi is a well-known developer, who built many of the homes in the subdivision.

I found an earlier article so I will also post that....

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/71750-dartmouth-death-deemed-murder

March 9, 2012 - 6:25am By KELLY SHIERS Staff Reporter
UPDATED 3:36 p.m. Saturday
Police say the death of a man whose body was found in a Dartmouth home Friday is a homicide.

The victim has yet to be identified by police and there are few details about the investigation being released.

But several sources have told The Chronicle Herald that the victim is Kevin Farren, a Waverley accountant.

Halifax Regional Police spokeswoman Theresa Rath said two men were taken into custody about an hour after police discovered the victim  at 56 Havenbrook Hill in Portland Hills.

They were released shortly after midnight Saturday without charges, she said.

Rath said  officers remained at  the scene Saturday.

"Our forensic identification officers are continuing to process the scene inside the house and we expect we'll be there for at least the rest of (Saturday) and maybe into (Sunday)," she said.

She said investigators want to talk to anyone who may be able to help in the case.

"We've had excellent cooperation from the community, but we are asking if anyone has any information they have yet to pass on to police to please come forward," she said.

Police were called to the home at 2:26 a.m. Friday. They towed a black pickup truck and black car that had been in the driveway of the house. Halifax Ground Search and Rescue were asked to help comb the area, but that search wrapped up Friday night, Rath said.

The province’s joint stock registry names Farren as the recognized agent for Newport Construction Ltd., which is owned by Mohammad Rashidi, owner of the house on Havenbrook Hill. The construction company’s address is Rashidi’s home.

Sources said Rashidi is in Iran and his son Davood Rashidi, a second-year business student at Saint Mary’s University, has been staying at the home. Sources said Davood Rashidi and a friend were at police headquarters Friday.

This is the third homicide in Halifax Regional Municipality this year.

Last month, James Alexander (Sandy) Lyle, 55, was shot to death and his body found on a Montague Gold Mines road.

No arrests have been made in that case.

As well, last month, Marc Bernard Tremblay, 25, was stabbed to death in Fairview. Aidan David Cromwell is in custody and charged with second-degree murder in connection with Tremblay's death.

(kshiers@herald.ca)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:26:09 PM by rebelgirl »

Curious T.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:41:13 AM »
It REALLY annoys me when the police are withholding the name of the deceased, and the media prints it in the paper!  How would they feel if that was their loved one and they hadn't yet been notified??

bevboy0223

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 09:48:44 AM »
I write a series of articles for Frank Magazine about unsolved murders and missing persons. I would very much like to do an article about Kevin.

Please write me at bev@frankmagazine.ca and we can get the ball rolling.

Bev

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 08:53:19 PM »
But several sources have told The Chronicle Herald that the victim is Kevin Farren, a Waverley accountant.

Kevin Farren, 61, was found dead inside a Portland Hills home around 2:30 a.m. March 9 after police received reports of a commotion in the house at 56 Havenbrook Hill.

Could it be that,  Kevin was mistaken for the owner of the home, who was out of the country at the time?
The owner was a Developer.

or Kevin stumbled upon something while doing the accounts for this developer?
Might want to look at the computer records or books!! That is - if the books or computer records are still kicking around somewhere.

jb
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:16:24 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 12:01:22 PM »
Also, it seems odd to me, that all of the men that we have recently covered are older, single men, never married, no girl friend.

Coincidence?  There are quite a few of them.
Or is it woven into our culture that older single men, never married, no girlfriend are fair game?

jb

bevboy0223

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 11:23:49 AM »
I have been trying to track down a friend or family member of Kevin Farren for some time. I would like to do an article about Kevin and his murder for my cold-case series in Frank Magazine.

If anyone reading this is willing to talk to me, you can reach me at bev@frankmagazine.ca

Thanks.

Bev