Author Topic: Tyler Bowe - Whitehose, Yukon - Apr 30, 1983 - MISSING  (Read 7232 times)

BCID

Tyler Bowe - Whitehose, Yukon - Apr 30, 1983 - MISSING
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:55:15 AM »

BCID

Re: Tyler Bowe - Whitehose, Yukon - Apr 30, 1983 - MISSING
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2000/10/16/16missing.html

Missing persons cases haunt families
Last Updated: Monday, October 16, 2000 | 12:43 PM ET
CBC News

Fifty people have disappeared in the Yukon since 1967. Many of them are presumed to have drowned. But some have disappeared without a trace -- like Whitehorse geologist Byron Gay did this September.

Billie Giroux last saw her son 17 years ago. "I always remember him in a red and blue jacket saying, 'I'll see you on Sunday, Mom'," she says of her 14- year-old son Tyler.

He vanished over the Easter weekend in 1983. Despite a large police search, the Whitehorse teenager was never found.

Giroux says she knows in her heart Tyler is dead. She says she had a dream where her son appeared and told her he had died.

Giroux believes he's in heaven but she says it's still painful for her to think about what his last hours were like.

"I think my only sadness is I sometimes wondered if he suffered when he died, and I think he did," she says.

RCMP sergeant Larry Kavanagh works on missing person cases. He says there are some very strange cases in the Yukon such as a three-year-old boy who disappeared while walking home from his grandmother's house in the 1970s.

And there was a case last year where a 25-year-old man was last seen running into the bush without a shirt. It's suspected he was high on mushrooms.

Kavanagh says police always assume foul play could be a factor in the unsolved cases. But he says people also die accidentally or they choose to flee from former lives and take on new identities.

He says some cases are just never solved and friends and family are just left wondering if the person is dead or alive.

jtmtpleasant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »
Can someone tell me if Tyler BOWE is Aboriginal or not.

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 03:09:25 PM »
I believe so- he looks like he is, and most families in that part of Canada at that time had Aboriginal ancestry.

I wonder where specifically he was headed?  He said he would see his mother on Sunday- did he live with her?  Was he spending the night at a friend's?

jtmtpleasant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
Yes he does kind of look Native but was hoping someone could confirm with me. It's hard to say what may have happened to him. His mom believes he has left this world, because she had a dream he told her that so I believe she is probably right. Could have been murder, could have been some kind of misadventure. So sad anyhow.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 08:22:50 PM »
wondering where it is that yous see a pic of Tyler? none on this thread or on the link on this thread , some one please direct me to the pic of this missing boy. Thanks

discus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:54:49 PM »

Above: Tyler Bowe in 1983

Tyler Bowe

Last seen in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada on April 30, 1983

Vital statistics: Native male. Born on October 9, 1968. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes. He is slightly bowlegged. Was fourteen at the time.

www.forthelost.org/jahi/jahi4.html

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »
Weird there is little info.  Again, I am trying to make sense of the comment from his mother re: See you Sunday.  Would help to know what to direction to look for- if he was at a friend's, were they questioned?  Did they actually see him?  Did anyone?  Was he seeing a family member?  Was there an accident?  For example, there a lot of hunting accidents in northern communities.  If he was with a friend and a gun went off, I could see why no one would be talking.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 11:53:47 PM »
thanks Discus for showing me where to look much appreciated.  This is so said and such a young fellow a lot of unanswered question for sure .

shirleyamclean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Tyler, was last seen wrangling horses at the Sky High Ranch  near Fish Lake  in the ourskirts of  Whse.  He was most likely going for the weekend to the ranch with friends.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
A good all around kid.! That any family would be proud of.    Missing. Nothing has surfaced regarding his disappearance.
Very unsettling,
JB