Note: Although someone was arrested for his death, no one has yet been convicted. Perhaps having a page here will prompt people to give tips.
Noble, Tyler Roy July 3, 1991 — November 26, 2011 It is with great sadness we announce the loss of "our boy" to a senseless act of violence. Tyler Roy Noble was full of life. He chose happiness and his positive energy shone. Ty was a cherished friend to all who knew him. For 11 years, he loved his hockey games with "the boys" of the Kerry Park Islanders. Tyler worked at the Mill Bay Thrifty Foods the past 2 years in addition to full time drywalling with Scot Warke. Past summers he was employed by Brentwood College. Tyler had recently returned from an adventure to southeast Asia, Vietnam and Thailand. Our son dreamed of more travel, going to college, having a family and continuing to share, love and celebrate his life with the countless individuals privileged to have known this phenomenal human being. None will forget. Tyler leaves behind parents Ken and Laurie Noble, sister Samantha, grandmother Marie and many aunts, uncles and cousins.
Tyler is predeceased by his grandfathers, Barry Roy Miller, Kenneth Roy Noble and his uncle Howard William John Noble. Many many thanks to all the doctors, nurses and paramedics that looked after our son. We want to thank our great friends and family, and the wonderful support of the people in our community. We are deeply touched by the love and support of everyone. Tyler's Celebration of Life will be held Sunday, December 4th from 1 — 4 pm at the Shawnigan Lake Community Center. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Noble Family Trust Account at any Island Savings Credit Union. 237323 http://www.vicnews.com/news/134542298.htmlVictoria assault victim dies
By Staff Writer - Victoria NewsPublished: November 26, 2011 5:00 PM
Updated: November 26, 2011 5:50 PM
An early morning assault in the downtown core has turned into a murder investigation.
Tyler Roy Noble, a 20-year-old Shawnigan Lake man, died from injuries sustained in an assault early this morning near the Douglas and View streets intersection.
Noble’s condition deteriorated rapidly after he was struck and knocked unconscious this morning at approximately 2:30 a.m., Victoria police say.
He had been engaged in san altercation with another man, but no weapon was used.
Noble was taken to Victoria General Hospital and placed on life support. He died this afternoon.
VicPD and Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crimes Unit have now classified the investigation as a homicide, and have the suspect in custody.
The suspect, a 24-year old Victoria man, initially fled the scene but surrendered to police around 6:30 a.m.http://www.vicnews.com/news/134710823.htmlVictoria man facing manslaughter charge after assault ends in death
By Erin McCracken - Victoria NewsPublished: November 29, 2011 2:00 PM
Updated: November 29, 2011 4:52 PM
The Victoria man accused of killing a 20-year-old Shawnigan Lake man now faces a manslaughter charge, instead of the second-degree murder charge Victoria police officers initially recommended.
Brandon Huth, 24, appeared via video conferencing in a Victoria courtroom Tuesday afternoon.
Wearing red prison-issue attire, Huth sat, leaning forward with his arms on his knees, and listened as his defence lawyer Peter Firestone asked Judge Susan Wishart that a bail hearing be set for Monday (Dec. 5) at 9:30 a.m. in provincial court. Huth will appear in person, and in the meantime will remain in jail.
Just before the court proceedings began, Firestone approached Huth's father Lawrence, who was seated in the courtroom with other family members.
"Lawrence, I have some good news. I didn't want to tell you over the phone," said Firestone, who was recently retained as Huth's lawyer.
Firestone told Lawrence that his son's murder charge had been reduced to manslaughter, which carries a wide range of prison sentences.
"(Manslaughter) doesn't involve a specific intent to kill the individual necessarily, but it's a killing that results from an unlawful act," said Neil MacKenzie, spokesperson for the Ministry of Attorney General's criminal justice branch.
After reviewing the circumstances in the case, Crown counsel "wasn't satisfied that the circumstances supported proceeding with a charge of murder," he said.
After initially fleeing the scene, Huth turned himself in to Victoria police at 6:30 a.m. Saturday, four hours after he allegedly assaulted Tyler Noble at 2:30 a.m. Police say the altercation happened at the corner of Douglas and View streets, outside McDonald's.
Noble, who was struck and knocked unconscious, was rushed to Victoria General Hospital and placed on life support. He died later that afternoon.
Nearly a dozen of Noble's close friends spent a few minutes hugging one another outside the courtroom Tuesday. Many appeared visibly shaken and grief-stricken.
"I just had to be part of (the proceedings)," said Shane Stewart. "He was definitely one of my best friends, a life-long friend."
He said the case offers an important message to others.
"We've all made dumb decisions, including myself, I'll admit it," Stewart said. "Take two extra seconds to make a decision. Think about it, what's going to happen after ... something (that can happen) so quickly, within minutes, just like that."
The accused's father, Lawrence Huth, declined to comment.http://www.vicnews.com/news/135050453.htmlVictoria man facing manslaughter charge released on bail
By Erin McCracken - Victoria NewsPublished: December 05, 2011 1:00 PM
Updated: December 06, 2011 8:46 AM
The day after 1,000 people attended a memorial service in Mill Bay in honour of a 20-year-old Shawnigan Lake man, his family and friends sat in stunned disbelief as the man charged with Tyler Noble's death was granted bail.
Provincial court Judge L.W. Smith granted 24-year-old Brandon Huth's release from jail Monday after he spent 10 days behind bars following his Nov. 26 arrest. The accused, a Victoria resident, faces a manslaughter charge after Noble died following a fight in downtown Victoria.
Noble's family and friends say Huth should have been kept behind bars.
"It's all we have," said Noble's uncle, Saanich resident Ron Miller, adding that he was "shocked" at the judge's decision.
"What kind of message do you send when someone can basically walk free on the streets?" he said. "If you walk around throwing punches, there's consequences for your actions. Accountability, basically."
"I just want to see justice. I just don't want this to happen to another family."
Much of what was heard in court Monday is under a publication ban.
Victoria police say Huth turned himself in at the department the morning of Nov. 26, four hours after he allegedly assaulted Noble at 2:30 a.m. outside McDonald's restaurant, at the corner of Douglas and View streets. Noble was hit, and fell to the sidewalk. He died later that day at Victoria General Hospital.
Huth, wearing a grey pinstriped shirt, appeared in court in person for the first time. He sat in the prisoner's box leaning forward, often looking at the floor, but occasionally looking at Judge Smith, his lawyer Peter Firestone and Crown counsellor Tim Stokes.
Judge Smith ordered that Huth could only be released on a $10,000 surety, put up by Huth's father. He must stay away from liquor establishments, and not have contact with 16 people, as well as be home nightly from 9 p.m. to 6 p.m. Huth will be living on his own at a new address in Victoria.
"He'll be home for Christmas opening up presents," said Mike Tytula, a friend of the Noble family. "It sucks."
The case continues in court on Friday (Dec. 9).http://www.vicnews.com/news/135331713.htmlManslaughter case to resume in new year
By Staff Writer - Victoria NewsPublished: December 09, 2011 10:00 AM
Updated: December 09, 2011 10:48 AM
The Victoria man charged with manslaughter after Shawnigan Lake resident Tyler Nobel, 20, died following a fight in downtown Victoria will see his case return to the Victoria Law Courts in February.
Brandon Huth, 24, was released from custody on bail Dec. 5, 10 days after he was arrested by Victoria police.
Crown counsel and Huth's defence lawyer are expected to return to court on Feb. 28 to provide an update on progress being made in the case.