Author Topic: Canadian woman missing from cruise ship near Florida  (Read 20654 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Canadian woman missing from cruise ship near Florida
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 04:14:08 AM »
What, Nish?  Is it not kosher to do what the Cops do?  Start at those closest to the Victim and then work your way out?   

I am still hearing talk (in my neck of the woods) of females at the bars getting their drinks spiked with some date rape drug.  After the fact, if the female doesn't get her urine checked soon enough, the drug won't be found in her system.   Then it is her word against the guy's.
At one of the bars around here, the girls were dropping like flies one night......ambulances had to come in.

I heard/read somewhere that they are coming up with a 'testing strip' to put in your drink to test for any chemicals added.  That cannot come soon enough.   

From what I gather up here, I think some bartenders are in on it.  But, like I said, it is the Victim's word against the Perp's....very hard to prove.

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 08:20:45 AM »
A surprising number of people disappear from cruise ships while at sea.
It would be logical to check out the boyfriend first, of course.

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 03:03:49 PM »
What, Nish?  Is it not kosher to do what the Cops do?  Start at those closest to the Victim and then work your way out?   

I never said that, thanks.

I do think it's irresponsible to start looking at the boyfriend as a default, but that's me.

Show me where the cops started with her boyfriend and I'll back off.

Cheers

Nish

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
On CBC TV this am, her sister said that the relationship that she had with her bf was not a good one.  Her sister asked her not to go on this cruise with him, and she replied that she would break off with him when the cruise was finished.

There might be more on CBC tonite. It was her family, (I believe the CBC reported) who brought this to the attention of the FBI.

JB

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 04:14:04 PM »
http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/missing-cruise-passenger-was-in-troubled-relationship-1

Of course the Police started with the boyfriend.....he says he is in the clear (time will tell).....but....the family is saying it was a troubled relationship.  They didn't want her to go. 
I hate to be the barer of bad news, but many many missing/unsolved are committed by those known to the Victim. 
 I think I shall play the odds on this one.

Posting at the same time as you, Jellybean!

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »
Thanks for the article SAP.  Goshani is lying - the FBI will continue to investigate.  This could take time however, if they conclude that he is guilty in this, he will be charged and sent to the states for trial.

He will not be safe of charges living in Canada.

Here is hoping that the does not skip our country. (I have a gut feeling that he just may)

JB

SAP

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »
Sorry. I pulled the article b/c it was the same as Debbie's. Anyway my gut feelings were the same as those of  Fariba's family members. I'm just getting tired of poster versus poster issues in threads for the missing and murdered.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
I'm just getting tired of poster versus poster issues in threads for the missing and murdered.

I am too SAP. At times there is more discussion on the threads regarding 'someone's opinion'  than there is the actual case. We are each entitled to our own opinion and should not have to explain why we feel the way we do.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »
This is another woman who went on a trip with a male person that she did not know that well. How long was she going with him??? Her sister said she didn't really know him that well and had enlisted the services of a private investigator to have him checked out. Obviously there was something she did not trust about this guy. And she still went on a cruise with him, because maybe they would get along better after that. What is wrong with these women, holy cow, that isn't going to make it better. Make sure you're on solid ground with someone and know them before going anywhere with them. It is very sad, Armani was very beautiful and it is so sad that she has disappeared. I feel this man is responsible, absolutely no way he would just go to bed and for hours not be in her company and say he didn't know what happened to her. This makes me sick. I hope this bastard doesn't get away with murder. Because this sounds to me like a crime and it will be impossible to prove unless they confiscated all the video surveillance on that ship, in the area she was in. I hope for her family's sake they find out what happened here. It sure sounds to me like a crime took place. That is definitely my opinion and I am sticking to it. :o :o :o

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 10:21:44 PM »
I don't know how he did it - but I agree that he is the cause of her disappearance. (In my opinion) I wonder what the turnover time is for the cameras? In other words, how long are these records kept?
Cape, I believe they knew one another for some time.  The trip was booked months in advance.

JB

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »
A sad situation but let's not blame the woman for her own disappearance. Hindsight is 20/20 but few people actually have the insight and foresight to know that their boyfriend is going to kill them. The fact that he did not contact her family is very problemmatic and the least an innocent person would do under the circumstances of coming home alone after losing their travelling companion abroad.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:26:23 PM by leonagleant »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »
As I took it from the family member that was interviewed, the lady thought it would make things better and things might work out if she went on this trip with him. How many times have we heard that story, a woman thinks wining and dining is going to make a romance better, not always. I know of so many cases that females have been murdered, because they went to talk to the husband in the middle of a divorce action or just a rendezvous to talk and they never came home. In some of those cases the husband was convicted of the murder. But now taking someone on a cruise, wow, if I wasn't getting along, he wouldn't be getting me on a boat, not any kind of a boat. It is very sad and if this man did this, the hell he will go through, even if he is not charged.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

SAP

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »
Just an example Cape ... google the Beresford-Redman case from USA. They went to Mexico to try and patch up a failing marriage and Mrs. Beresford-Redman was murdered. Just one example of many such cases.

I am not saying the boyfriend in this case is guilty but he sure makes for a very good suspect. Lets hope the FBI can work this case like the show "criminal minds".

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 03:45:52 PM »
SAP, there was another case almost identical. The woman had gotten some advice from her lawyer and he advised her to go away for the weekend with her two children and her husband. This was a place with cottages and on the waterfront was a wharf, the next morning her body was found. So that was a sad state of affairs. I mean her lawyer advised her to go on that trip and she ended up dead. So that is identical to the case in Mexico in some ways.

I feel sorry for the family of this latest victim, and I say victim, because I believe this was a crime. And the fact that Mr. won't take any interviews, tells something. They say he is too upset, I believe he feels his guilt might just show up on his face and that is why he is not speaking out.  :( :( :( :( :(