Author Topic: Found Deceased - Elizabeth (Beth) Fellows MISSING Jan 24th 2012  (Read 17289 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Found Deceased - Elizabeth (Beth) Fellows MISSING Jan 24th 2012
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »
However the body they have found of a woman, has still not been identifyed as being Beth so all we can do is wait and hope that it is not her.  Prayers for her family.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »
Woman's body found on banks of St. John River in Fredericton
Global Maritimes : Monday, February 20, 2012 9:49 AM

FREDERICTON - Police in Fredericton continue to investigate the discovery of a body along the banks of the St. John River.

Police were called to Devon Plaza, on the city's north side, at approximately 4:30 p.m. Sunday.

Fredericton Police Department confirmed Monday the body belonged to a woman, but have not yet confirmed her identity.

"It appears that the body has been there for a period of time," Mooney says.

He also says it would be "premature to make any speculations" if the body is connected to any missing persons cases or other investigation. 

Investigators remain on the scene. Mooney says recovery of the body has been hindered by winter conditions. 

The investigation is ongoing.   

http://www.globalmaritimes.com/updated+womans+body+found+on+banks+of+st+john+river+in+fredericton/6442584608/story.html

Police were called to Devon Plaza, on the city's north side, at approximately 4:30 p.m. Sunday after a body was spotted on the banks of the Saint John River.
Photo Credit: Kara Rapke , Global Maritimes

click to enlarge

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:30 AM »
Very Sorry to say I recieved an email this morning from a friend in NB informing me that this was Beth who was found.  May she rest in peace.  Prayers for her family.  May LE find the reason why

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 09:17:07 AM »
http://www.globalmaritimes.com/pages/story.aspx?id=6442585447&utm_source=facebook-twitter&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=community

Fredericton police identify body of missing woman Elisabeth Ruth Fellows
Global Maritimes : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:21 AM

Fredericton police have confirmed the body of Elisabeth (Beth) Ruth Fellows was found Sunday afternoon.

Fellows' body was discovered behind on the shore of the St. John River behind Devon Park Plaza, on the city's northside, at about 4:30 p.m.

The 41-year-old was last seen Jan. 25. She was seen in video surveillance footage shopping at Devon Park Plaza.

The Fredericton Police Force Forensic Identification team and Major Crime Investigators removed her body from the scene late Monday evening.

Const. Rick Mooney said the recovery of her body from a wooded area along the river bankshad been hindered due to winter conditions.

Mooney says an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of her death and the investigation is ongoing.

Messages of condolence began appearing on a Facebook group called Prayers for the family of Beth Fellows last evening.

**Such sad news............

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:29 AM »
Condolences to the family and friends.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
So Sad for this poor family.  My condolences.  Can any one local let us know if there have been any updated.  Have LE deemed this a homicide?  Any updates would be appreciated, thanks.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »
I believe they are awaiting autopsy results, eyeswideopen.  I have not heard if these have been completed yet.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 06:38:45 AM »
Funeral held for Fredericton woman found near river
Pastor says friends 'can grieve again' when details emerge in woman's death

CBC News Posted: Mar 6, 2012 6:55 AM AT Last Updated: Mar 6, 2012 7:12 AM AT
GSAR_Mbr

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 08:35:18 AM »
There is not a lot being said.  Being as where she was found , I am taking it that it was a criminal cause of death, do any one know?  Even on the family site not a lot is said

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 07:52:39 AM »
She died of hypothermia.
Still find it strange she wasn't found sooner. I don't think there was much snow after she went missing but I'm not sure.
If she went into the river what are the chances she ended up pretty much where she was last seen?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/03/23/nb-fellows-autopsy-1036.html

aymes

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »
I live down the road from where she was found. People, including myself, walk their dogs in this area. I and everyone in Fredericton is suspicious of this. If proper searching was conducted she wouldve been found, considering her body was located DIRECTLY behind the beer store where she was last seen. Either the search was botched or she was placed there. Also, I cannot remember if there was a storm or not, but maybe the snow covered her for 25 days..?  RIP to her and hugs to her children, my best friend is friends with the family and they are hurting badly. Very sad <3