Author Topic: Clarence Bourque | Murder | Shediac, NB | June 2, 1981  (Read 4266 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Clarence Bourque | Murder | Shediac, NB | June 2, 1981
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:33:34 AM »
Bourque, Clarence : Attempted Murder:- File 2008-239460

During the early morning hours of June 2, 1981, Constable Clarence Bourque, a member of the Shediac Town Police Force, was on patrol. At approximately 1:15 a.m., Cst. Bourque observed a male individual walking (stumbling) on Main Street near the high school. Cst. Bourque believed the individual was intoxicated and subsequently approached him. Upon being asked, the individual returned to the police vehicle with Cst Bourque but refused to get in and ran. Cst. Bourque gave chase and when the individual stumbled and fell, Cst Bourque attempted to handcuff him. A struggle ensued, during which the individual got a hold of Cst. Bourque's revolver and shot him at least three times. The individual left the scene in the police vehicle which was later located semi-submerged in the waters of the Northumberland Strait at Cap Bimet, N.B.

Should you have any information on the attempted murder of Clarence Bourque, please contact the RCMP Major Crime Unit (South) at 506-452-3491 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477).

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/prog_services/unsolved_crimes-crimes_non_resolus/index-eng.htm

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
Re: Clarence Bourque | Murder | Shediac, NB | June 2, 1981
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 01:12:02 PM »
Reviewing this I found the below information, because of the length I used a translation tool rather than translate word for word. (Sorry for the grammatical errors included.)

This information provides account that Cst. Bourque was not murdered but was in fact only shot and injured.

WebURL: http://www.acadienouvelle.com/actualites/2015/12/15/attentat-contre-un-policier-de-shediac-clarence-bourque-demande-laide-de-justin-trudeau/

More than three decades later, the attempted murder of Clarence Bourque, a Shediac duty officer, remains an unresolved and largely forgotten case. For the first time, he relies on the Prime Minister of the country to shed light on this matter.
Clarence Bourque - Archives
Clarence Bourque - Archives

Clarence Bourque now lives in Ontario. On June 2, 1981, the municipal policeman at the Town of Shediac was shot five times when he intercepted an individual near the polyvalent at about 1:30 am. More than 34 years later, the mystery still hangs over this matter and the perpetrator of the misdeed is still running.

"In early November, I sent my file with many archival records to the attention of Justin Trudeau. I'll wait and see what happens. It is the last person and the highest authority in the country who can do something for me, "said the former police officer.

He has repeatedly called for a public inquiry into this issue in New Brunswick. The case was revised by the RCMP without creating any outcome.

It goes without saying that the incident left physical and psychological consequences. Clarence Bourque is of the view that the police have deliberately botched the investigation and hidden evidence. Over the years, he has nevertheless managed to obtain documentation concerning his file.

"I never understood why they wanted to eliminate me. I feel as if we never did anything because I was involved in the file. I am convinced that I was the victim of a set-up, "added the man now 60 years old.

He has his little idea of ​​who might have been his assailant.

"Everyone in Shediac knows who we are talking about," he said.

Over the past few days, incidents involving police officers have made headlines in New Brunswick. He pointed out that it was not long ago that the authorities sometimes made "scam".

According to him, interceding with Prime Minister Trudeau is his last chance.

"There is no one who takes care of my case. My file is sleeping on a tablet. "

"I am told that this is probably the only case involving a policeman who has never been resolved in Canada. I have suffered from this aggression all my life. I want my reputation to be restored, "continued the man who said he lost his job two years later because of this affair.

Perplexed at the initial investigation

Clarence Bourque remains puzzled by many elements of this incident and the initial investigation.

He maintains that the individual who fired on him called him by name. The assailant fled with his patrol car which was found the next day submerged at Cap-Bimet.

According to him, one person witnessed the scene, but the police authorities of the time dismissed her from the file.

The report of the original investigation indicated that he was shot with his own weapon. He doubted this conclusion, since a rifle, other than his own, was found in the police car.

According to him, no analysis was done on the weapon and this piece of evidence, after being hidden somewhere, was destroyed. He is of the opinion that the investigation was botched in order to protect the perpetrator of the attack.

GSAR_Mbr

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Clarence Bourque | Murder | Shediac, NB | June 2, 1981
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 02:11:21 PM »
According to him, no analysis was done on the weapon and this piece of evidence, after being hidden somewhere, was destroyed. He is of the opinion that the investigation was botched in order to protect the perpetrator of the attack.

Many ordinary citizens have experienced the same thing over the years. But no one listens to the little person.
Not much can be done for this retired officer now..... too little too late.  Would speaking up sooner make any difference?  Personally, I doubt it.  In fact the man lost his job over it.

Very sad. 

jb
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:26:40 PM by jellybean »